PDA

View Full Version : I got a new bike!!!!!!!

girlski0912
06-02-2004, 01:26 PM
:D
After two years of wishing and hoping and never quite being able to afford a new ride...I bought a new bike yesterday- Specialized Stumpjumper M4...It is my first full suspension, and the most I have ever spent on ANYTHING in one fell swoop. It arrives tonight and heads out tomorrow for the first ride. I LOVE GETTING NEW GEAR!!!!!! Then it is off to Leavenworth this weekend for the Bike and Brews ride- not racing because I can't afford the entry fee after purchasing said bike....Will any other PNW mags be there?

Viva
06-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Congrats! Come down to the Hood Mini on July 4th and show your new baby off. There will be at least one trail ride going on that weekend.

divegirl
06-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Congrats girlski!! I second what Viva said - about the hood mini.

lph
06-02-2004, 04:21 PM
LBS says the new stumpjumpers are the best xc bikes they have ridden. congrats! go git sum!!!! :D

BTW, post a pic?! ;)

girlski0912
06-02-2004, 10:30 PM
It is arriving tonight and I am sure we will take pics this weekend! Soooooo excited. As for the Hood mini, if I am not in Sun Valley that weekend, count me in! As for the Stumpjumper being super sick...I spent so much time looking at bikes and this was the one I kept coming back to. I bought it at River City Cycle in Portland and for the P-Town mags...you guys are stoked to have such a great shop. The boys there took good care of me, but maybe it is cuz I got this damn rack! ;)

Viva
06-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Well why the Hell didn't you say you where in town?! Ya missed out on a free beer or two.

River City is a great shop, but we also have a couple of hidden gems that ya'll Seattle slickers don't know nuting 'bout. :p

Enjoy the bike!

girlski0912
06-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Had family obligations not been what brought me to town and consumed my time in P-Town, a beer run would have been mandatory. I will PM you the next time I visit...probably sometime next month????

SLCFreshies
06-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Congrats on the new bike! New gear always rocks. The Stumpy is a great bike--that basic design has been around FOREVER for very good reason. Go bomb some trails! :)

EDIT: And I agree with lph, PICS PLEASE!

basom
06-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by girlski0912
bought it at River City Cycle in Portland and for the P-Town mags...you guys are stoked to have such a great shop. The boys there took good care of me, but maybe it is cuz I got this damn rack! ;)

fat tire farm was my shop of choice when i was a portland resident. but thats cuz i'm a santa cruz / rockey mountain / kona / cove freeride lover. not so many burly bikes at rcc, but great deals on GF's, specialized and cannondales i seem to remember

nothing against rcc. portland is the best city i have ever had the pleasure of living in and using a bike as the main means of transport.

missing that place right now.

girlski0912
06-04-2004, 01:16 PM
AHHHHHH....went and rode last night. Her new name is "Digger" cuz I know I will be crashing. Got two under my belt already. SUCH a great purchase. I agree...New gear is great, especially when you are stoked after only one use.
I did check out Fat Tire Farm, however it was only after I had ridden the Stumpjumper at RCC so I was tainted. If I had the money, I was tempted to look at the Kona Dawg at Fat Tire. Tried an Enduro there, but that was not the kind of bike that I wanted.

I look forward to riding with you mags now that my gear is dialed in. Haven't ridden at all in and around P-town, but next time I am there I would love a tour of the local singletrack.

tuffy109
06-04-2004, 04:26 PM
pics of you on said bike please.

girlski0912
06-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Working on it...working on it...was too busy actually riding to stop and take pics!