PDA

View Full Version : Utardian Ride Coordination Thread

Particle
05-19-2004, 11:25 AM
I noticed ride times/meetings/places are getting mingled in w/ other threads (e.g., PC 100), so figured we can just use this one as a common Utardian ride thread.

Anyway I'll start--I'm off at 5:30 tonight (Wed.), the missus is werkin late, so I'm riding somewhere. I'm in Heber so PC options are good for the way home, otherwise I'd be up for meeting people at Mueller, Dry Creek, etc...

Lemme know!
J

altagirl
05-19-2004, 01:33 PM
We're going to be up at Mueller Park at 4pm today.

I'm thinking maybe Jacob's Ladder and Quarry Trail for the rest of the week. Times TBD - I get off work at 11am.

SLCFreshies
05-19-2004, 01:41 PM
4PM sounds good for me for Mueller. Meet at the parking lot across from the bridge?

As for later in the week, I'm game too. No worky for me 'till Monday.

skibe
05-19-2004, 01:53 PM
I just got in from riding the bobsled from city creek side so no go with Muellers tonight. I would be up for Jacobs ladder around 11:30 or so tomorrow if anybody wants to do that.

Particle
05-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Don't you people have JOBS?!? Sheesh...

edit: p.s. altagirl, I need to make it to Jacob's w/ you guys sometime. I used to werk down in Draper and tried to find it a couple times w/ no success. Thought it got wiped out from all the development...

altagirl
05-19-2004, 08:04 PM
The very bottom part of Corner Canyon is gone, but the upper and middle parts are still intact - and there's a good loop for them - up a graded gravel road and down the singletrack.

Re: not having a job - I got half laid-off down to 20 hours a week so I only work 7-11 lately.

Let's do noon tomorrow for Jacob's Ladder. SLCFreshies said he's probably in too. We'll meet at the Albertson's parking lot at 1300 East/12300 South and then you guys can follow me to the trailhead. I don't want to try to give directions through the neighborhood there because I don't know street names and such. I'll have my green subaru with the Yeti on the roof.

Good ride today at Mueller - lots of traffic on the lower part when we were on the way down, but it was fun anyway (and the upper section was a blast).

Particle: I'll be happy to ride Jacob's Ladder in the evening sometime too and show you around.

SLCFreshies
05-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Mueller was a lot of fun today. A few downed trees in the top section, but someone stacked logs against one of the trees to make it rideable by the long-travel crew (i.e., Mr. AG & Co.). I didn't even try. :p

There was A LOT of traffic today, though, especially after 5PM. Not only was the teeny parking lot there full, but also there were 15 to 20 cars parked along the street. I bet once Mill Creek opens up, there will be less traffic in Mueller.

Anyway, as for tomorrow--I'm in. I'll meet y'all at the Albertsons' parking lot @12PM. Looking forward to it!

skibe
05-20-2004, 07:58 AM
I'm in see you at noon.

Particle
05-20-2004, 01:39 PM
Nice, I gotta try Mueller one of these days too. Went and rode the Solamere loop last night for the first time. Fun loop! Just under 8 miles, 3 climbs 3 good descents. I used to HATE that kind of ride when I had my Big Hit; the Foes makes climbing kinda fun, and the descents are soooo good :) Lovin' it!

AG--we'll definitely have to figure a time to do Jacob's down in Draper. Have fun today.

skibe
05-20-2004, 02:47 PM
Oh yeah, Jacobs ladder kicked ass today. Thanks for the tour AG. slcfreshies is built for the climb. Riding with you two makes me want a new bike bad:( . Let's do it again soon. Next time Muellers around noon when the trail is empty.

SLCFreshies
05-20-2004, 11:50 PM
That was a lot of fun today! I love trying out new trails. I won't be out tomorrow, but I'm up for some big rides this weekend. :)

Particle
05-21-2004, 10:40 AM
I'm up for a ride FIRST THING Sat. morning. Gotta be home by 11-ish for home duties...

Anyone? And no I'm not a morning person...but I really want to ride :)

Telephil
05-21-2004, 10:41 AM
I may be up for it. I'm supposed to go to Logan to ride the course for the race next week, but may not do it depending on how I'm feeling, been kinda under the weather this week.

Woodsy
05-21-2004, 10:57 AM
I cant ride this weekend cuz I am stowing away in frozen's car to go to the Denver MD9 party.
I was gonna post this ass a new thread but since this is UT sepecific, this seems the best place to put this in.

I am in no way affiliated wih these guys I just think its a killer idea that is way overdue

Wasatch Crest SHuttle

bike shuttle service operating out of the 3900 South Wasatch area to the mouth of BCC and a stop up near solitude and to Jans in Park city. this way you can access all 3 canyons and PC on your bike & not get stuck in one area or take the time to shuttle cars.
schedules & such are @ Jans in PC and Canyon cycles near 39th & Wasatch.
you can also contact them wasatchcrestshuttle _ ^!%!%whammy at yahoo

or 474-1663

Telephil
05-21-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Woodsy

Wasatch Crest SHuttle

this way you can access all 3 canyons and PC on your bike & not get stuck in one area or take the time to shuttle cars.
schedules & such are @ Jans in PC and Canyon cycles near 39th & Wasatch.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

we could park a car at Mill D in BCC, ride up the road to the crest, down into park city on the spiro trail, ride around there for a while, then back up to the mid mountain trail, ride that over and up to mill creek canyon, then climb back on to the BCC side and down Mill D. A nice peaceful 40 + miles.;)

zion zig zag
05-26-2004, 12:22 PM
Anybody want to shuttle some tomorrow morning? 9am bottom of wheeler canyon (across the ogden canyon road from pineview dam). Going to explore a few more options.

zion zig zag
05-29-2004, 07:23 PM
where is everyone riding sunday?

Mr. Altagirl
05-29-2004, 10:53 PM
You tell us! We might have to do a few runs in Bountiful on the DH course and then ride anywhere. We'll check in tommorow morning.

zion zig zag
05-30-2004, 06:32 AM
Wherever, just let me know time and place to meet up. I may need detailed directions to trailheads, cause i've never really ridden south of Ogden.

altagirl
05-30-2004, 07:07 PM
Sweet ride today - We did a bunch of leg 3 of the PC100 - Deer Crest to Spin Cycle to Town Trail to Gamble Oak to Lost Prospector. Beautiful day with dirt as tacky as it gets. Definitely looking forward to more trails opening up in the area...

Tomorrow we'll be shuttling DH runs at Bountiful and riding XC afterwards - time and location TBD.

Telephil
05-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by altagirl

Tomorrow we'll be shuttling DH runs at Bountiful and riding XC afterwards - time and location TBD.

Keep us posted on this, may be able to get together.

tywhy
06-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Telephil
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

we could park a car at Mill D in BCC, ride up the road to the crest, down into park city on the spiro trail, ride around there for a while, then back up to the mid mountain trail, ride that over and up to mill creek canyon, then climb back on to the BCC side and down Mill D. A nice peaceful 40 + miles.;)
that's an awesome loop! :cool: just a few more weeks maybe until it's good to go i'd guess -- anyone been up there yet?

powderwhore
06-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Utards, where are you all riding this weekend?

I'll be out somewhere, but where should I go?

jayfrizzo
06-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by powderwhore
Utards, where are you all riding this weekend?

I'll be out somewhere, but where should I go?

You should go dirtjumping with me and phUnk.

Jumps should be good with all this rain.

GT40
06-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Friday & Sat. I'll be riding the trails above my house. Next week I want to do a day at Sundance. Just to check out a new area. I also want to do a day at Deer Valley soon. Will be at Basin 2-3/ week starting the 25th.

powderwhore
06-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by jayfrizzo
You should go dirtjumping with me and phUnk.

Jumps should be good with all this rain.

that could be fun.

SLCFreshies
06-10-2004, 12:30 AM
I think this weekend I'm going to do Southern Skyline to Lewis Peak. The temperature not too hot, and I heard the trail is all clear except the last spur to Lewis Peak.

It's about 18 miles out-and-back with about 3,000 ft of vertical. All singletrack. One of my favorite rides.

Park City has a lot clear too. Rode there last weekend. Spiro/Powerline still had snow up by Jupiter Bowl. However, Mid-mountain was clear all the way to Red Pine Lodge at The Canyons. Steps, John's, and Sweeney's were all clear too.

phUnk
06-10-2004, 01:52 PM
We should do some of the Endurance 100 stages. I have ridden once in the past two weeks, so it'll hurt so good.

jayfrizzo
06-10-2004, 02:31 PM
After dirt jumping?

phUnk
06-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Pipe down sea-pig.

Mr. Altagirl
06-10-2004, 09:08 PM
We did Spiro - Thaynes - Steps - Johns Trail - Sweenies last week and it was great. Must put in at least 50 miles this weekend, just cause (all before dirt jumping).

altagirl
06-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Sunday's Plan:

Meet at Jan's at noon (Park City). Planning to do something that will include John's and Sweeney's. Look for the silver Dodge with racks across the bed.

SLCFreshies
06-13-2004, 09:32 AM
If anyone's interested in Southern Skyline, we're planning on doing it this afternoon. It's a great trail up by Ogden. PM me if y'all are interested.

The map was yoinked from UMB:
http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/pics/m-so-sky.gif

It's best done as an out-and-back to Lewis Peak.

InspectorGadget
06-13-2004, 09:58 AM
SLCFreshies - Thanks for posting the map; I was about to show my ignorance and ask where I'd find Southern Skyline, Lewis Peak, etc.

Particle
06-15-2004, 09:53 PM
So...how bout that 1.5 hour DH shuttle Mr. AG? I assume you guys didn't do it last weekend.

Me wanna go fast DH. Me have good new pads.

But really would like to ride with some of yall this weekend; Mr. AG, you feeling up to riding after your wreck?

altagirl
06-15-2004, 10:00 PM
DV opens this weekend, so I think that's the plan. Though I get the impression Mr.AG might be taking it easy...

jayfrizzo
06-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Dirt Jumping?

Ski Monkey
06-15-2004, 10:22 PM
I'm up for some XC action this weekend. Still not ready for any DH yet.

powderwhore
06-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Ya scared Sally?

phUnk
06-15-2004, 10:58 PM
Ya scared Sally? Big-travel-new-to-him-bike guy is talking all big now. Woo!

Ski Monkey
06-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Ya scared Sally?

Heh.

How long is the ride down? What's the trail like? More like sweeney's or spiro?

altagirl
06-16-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Ski Monkey
Heh.

How long is the ride down? What's the trail like? More like sweeney's or spiro?

Which trail are you talking about?

Telephil
06-16-2004, 07:44 AM
Last weekend I was pre-riding the race course for this weekend at Powder Mountain. I know, I know, it's no downhill.....but, there were some guys shuttling a DH trail, or so they called it. They said it was 20-25 minutes long, a couple 10-15' drops, some consecutive. Anyone know anything about this?

Particle
06-16-2004, 01:59 PM
I've been researching some trails near my office in Heber. There's one canyon called Clegg I've been riding at lunch hour as an out and back, it's a sweeet DH and a not too horrible climb. However, we can't climb much past roughly 2.5 miles and 1,000 vert. The trail gets a bit overgrown, super rocky and super steep. Which could make the upper sections absolutely sick for DH. The trail is about 4 miles.

Recently I figured out that several neighboring canyons, including Clegg, Dry, and Main, all intersect in the above Uinta mountains. So anyway there's a peak w/ a radio tower up there that's supposedly not too hard to drive to. It'd be possible to loop some upper sections of these trails, do them as a pure DH, or whatever. And you wouldn't have to drive up US-40 to the trailheads; you could just ride down 40 (daniels canyon) pretty much back to Heber, so the shuttle wouldn't be horrible.

Anyway...who wants to do some drivin and MTB exploring? And when? This wknd might not work for me but maybe post-work at 5pm in Heber? Anyone?

powderwhore
06-16-2004, 08:04 PM
I'd love to but Heber, thats far. We need to hook up some weekend and do some shuttles for sure.

phUnk, don't be scared we'll wait for you at the bottom.

phUnk
06-16-2004, 09:55 PM
phUnk, don't be scared we'll wait for you at the bottom. Thanks fuckface.

:p

Particle
06-16-2004, 11:26 PM
Yeah I figured I'd have a hard time getting people up there. Anyway I'd be stoked to do a Bountiful DH run or DV lifts...whatevah.

So I ripped the chit outta bobsled today, but it seemed like I was really getting tossed around a LOT too much by loose rocks. Got to the bottom and realized my freakin ETA fork lockout had been on the whole descent. Lame. Nice to be able to rip the chit outta somethin with a whoppin 30mm of travel tho (vs. the fork's normal 130mm, doh!)

Still haven't ridden with either of you pussies (phunk and pho) since you've had your cushy rigs...gotta change that soon. And I'm stoked to drool all over Mr. AG's AS-X.

skibe
06-21-2004, 04:51 PM
I guess I better get off my lazy ass and go for a ride. Anybody up for a mid morning Muellers say Thurs. or Fri.? Did I mention I love my job right now :D .

Ski Monkey
06-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Particle, once my new bike gets here i would probably be up for exploring the Heber area.

Mr. Altagirl
06-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Particle, Sorry I've been out of the loop lately. DHing was AWESOME this weekend. I really like my DH bike at I St. as well. We'll be at DV next weekend both days (they opened the NCS course!).

Anyone up for the Crest trail Tuesday night, maybe around 6 pm at the Mill D parking lot?

powderwhore
06-21-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Altagirl

Anyone up for the Crest trail Tuesday night, maybe around 6 pm at the Mill D parking lot?

You've got one new message.

phUnk
06-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Mmm.... DJ with Frizzo today or help powderwhore push his bike up puke hill...

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Mr. Altagirl
06-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Just spoke with PowHo, we are going to try to be at Mill D at 5:30. phUnk, you should be there. Bring your little dirt jumping friend too.;)

Particle???? Anyone else???

Telephil
06-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Altagirl

Particle???? Anyone else???

Arghhh, damn work. Unfortunately I won't be, but if anyone wants to pre-ride the race course at solitude I'm doing that tomorrow night.:rolleyes:

powderwhore
06-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Telephil
Arghhh, damn work. Unfortunately I won't be, but if anyone wants to pre-ride the race course at solitude I'm doing that tomorrow night.:rolleyes:

You and everyone else thats entering that race. It looked real busy up at Solitude today.

Particle
06-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Hope you guys had fun. I'm officially moved out of my Heber office, so next week quick runs up to the Crest, etc., will be much more do-able.

Anywayz I'm off to Minnesota to get married! See ya next week with a big ball and chain tied to my left ring finger....errr leg. ;)

p.s. about Heber riding, no prob Mr. AG. You and Ski Monkey, if we get it organized I'd still like to figure out how to shuttle those runs. I chatted with some rangers doing trail maintenance on Clegg Cyn. today, and they said it's well-marked at the top, near some corrals. Shouldn't be too tough, maybe even run a coupla shuttles. The next week or two we should give it a shot!

SLCFreshies
06-23-2004, 12:28 AM
Crest was great again today. I guess I started a little bit before y'all as we were up at Guardsman's a bit before 5PM. There was quite a bit of uphill traffic today though--way more than the other times I was on it so far this year, but still not nearly as much as usual after Mill Creek Road is fully open. There was a ton of people on the road too.

Be careful on Mill Creek Road above the middle parking lot. Even though it's closed to the general public, there's some car traffic on it. As I was riding down today, there was a moron driving a minivan on the wrong side of the road. Luckily, there was enough space to get around. I later heard that some bicyclist got hit by a car a few days ago there. The Forest Service put a sign warning about the traffic near the gate, but we didn't get the warning earlier since we started at Guardman's.

Particle
08-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Anyone up for a post-work ride tonight? (Mon)

altachic
08-09-2004, 04:08 PM
dude, would you get to work already...;)

too bad i work till 9 now

altachic
08-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Anyone and everyone...

Powho and i are riding friday morning, meeting by 7:30 am.

Particle
08-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Deer Valley DH Sat. 10AM. Altagirls and myself, powho? Anyone else?

altachic
08-20-2004, 02:38 PM
I'll be in the Uintas...next time, i promise!

Mr. Altagirl
08-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Jay with new ASX; let the carnage begin!

GT-40 will be on scene taking it all in via camera / video for all to see. Should be fun.

How can we get phUnk to show up? What if we talked Xover into renting an RMX for the day and finally hucking his meat? :D :p :) :cool: :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

altagirl
08-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Oh - BTW - bring some lunch for tomorrow - there's not much selection available otherwise. We bring a cooler up to the lift.

jayfrizzo
08-20-2004, 08:08 PM
In there like swimwear. Mrs. Frizzo, too.

Does anyone have a shock pump? I need to muck around.

J-

altagirl
08-20-2004, 09:34 PM
We'll have one on the truck.

powderwhore
08-20-2004, 10:29 PM
See ya'lls around 10.

But I have to leave at noon thirty.

Ski Monkey
08-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Ah, no can do. I'm one of only a few people(heathens) that can work sunday's at the park. How long are you guys going to be up there? Maybe grab a beer afterwards?

altagirl
08-21-2004, 10:19 PM
sorry we didn't get your message until too late.

We ended up getting rained out after a couple runs, but it was fun up until the hail and lightning started... After trying to wait out the rain with no success, we headed down to I street and hit dirt jumps for a while. That drop is finally starting to feel like much less of a big deal, which is nice!

SLCFreshies
08-21-2004, 11:32 PM
We rode PC and got caught in the rain & pea-sized hail too. Rode up Powerline, across Keystone, and down John's & Sweeney's. John's and Sweeney's were mighty, erm, interesting with all the rain, mud, and wet roots. A few slips and slides were had, heh.

Is this really Utah? This is by far the most rain I've seen since I've moved here. Hard to believe that our rain totals are still not close to "normal."

altagirl
08-22-2004, 07:10 AM
No kidding. Being soaked to the core with the never-ending rain up there made me feel like I was in Germany, not Utah.