PDA

View Full Version : Dear AT&T Wireless

char
05-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Dear AT&T Wireless,

Today I was standing in the middle of a park in a large metropolitian area you know well, Seattle. It was an innocent enough act, just dialing a freind.

Wait. What's this? NO SERVICE? I almost threw my phone down. If had been the first time I could have excused it, but this was the fourth time today and I think I'm pushing twenty "No Service" messages in the last week.

No wonder your lame asses got taken over by Cingular. YOU SUCK!

The next time this happens I'm calling up your shitty customer service center and kicking your ass to the curb.

Hugs and Kisses,

Soon to be ex-customer char

-D-
05-18-2004, 08:09 AM
wait... calling the customer service without service???:D

snowsprite
05-18-2004, 08:28 AM
AT&T totally sucks. I just signed up and am experiencing the same thing. I should have gone w/ Verizon. I'm switching if this crap keeps up (and from what you say...it sounds like it will).
:mad:
Sprite

spanky
05-18-2004, 08:49 PM
AT&T Wireless prisoner for 6 years. I switched to Verizon the day my contract was up with AT&T Wireless (back in February) and haven't regretted it one bit.

I love wireless number portability!

char
05-18-2004, 11:27 PM
Great, now I'm a Cingular customer.

Obstruction
05-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by snowsprite
AT&T totally sucks.

Agreed. But Nextel sucks more.

Plakespear
05-19-2004, 10:44 AM
I swear, I live in the only pocket of civilization where the Verizon guy didn't check to see if you could hear him. Constantly getting no service and dropped calls up the wazoo.

Grange
05-21-2004, 07:12 AM
My sister had AT&T wireless and when she moved to an area without coverage anywhere close she thought she could just cancel. Not a chance, she either had to pay the cancelation fee which was as much as the rest of her contract or keep paying for a phone with no use.

v3rt1go
01-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Great, now I'm a Cingular customer.

And back again...

char
01-25-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm with Verizon now.

MMP
01-25-2009, 05:05 PM
in the Mad River Valley there is one cell company that has reception. no verizon, sprint, nextel, etc. you would think that with all of the upgrades and money around Sugarbush they would get a tower for more mainstream cell carriers.

Rontele
01-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Nothing sucks harder than TMobile.

scarlet begonias
01-25-2009, 06:13 PM
VT just got At&t wireless recently. They bought out Unicell I believe. I just signed with at&t last week and so far it is kicking verizons ass!

MMP
01-25-2009, 06:33 PM
^^is unicell the one that works in MRV? if so will verizon roam up there now? i like being away from the phone but if the kids need to reach me it's good to have the option you know? imagine the dilemma, being able to reach Bridger ( in a few years), or a pow day at MRG???

Bluebird
01-25-2009, 06:41 PM
We are hoping to get to MRG this week. We will let you know.:D

sanjuanworm
01-25-2009, 07:07 PM
verizon will soon rule the world

jackbombay
01-25-2009, 07:23 PM

Hopefully I can get an Iphone form them once that happens.

Cliff Huckable
01-25-2009, 08:49 PM
My sister had AT&T wireless and when she moved to an area without coverage anywhere close she thought she could just cancel. Not a chance, she either had to pay the cancelation fee which was as much as the rest of her contract or keep paying for a phone with no use.

How did this shit ever become legal? It's out of control. These contracts are a joke. What was their model for this?

Makes me think of the thread about one of the carriers giving customers worse and worse service, without telling anyone (I think).

Fuck them.

Adolf Allerbush
01-25-2009, 09:01 PM
How did this shit ever become legal? It's out of control. These contracts are a joke. What was their model for this?

Makes me think of the thread about one of the carriers giving customers worse and worse service, without telling anyone (I think).

Fuck them.

"Screws fall out all the time, the worlds' an imperfect place."

-Bender

Seriously though...ideally cell service would be continuous and everywhere at full strength all the time...unfortunately this isn't the case.

Keegan
01-25-2009, 11:15 PM

We're switching to them eventually... Getting sick of Sprint.

cramer
01-25-2009, 11:42 PM
sprints actually the best out there because of nextel when it comes to area coverage. I was up in WA state a couple years back and we were up in the middle of nowhere at my uncles house for xmas. I get there and we are on the back deck bs'n and i get a phone call. My uncles jaw dropped and was "whose your fucking carrier, ive tried everyone and i cant get service here". Nextel....Im assuming he switched. My wife had cingular back then att now, and she had no signal at his house. Im suprised the raves about verizon, my buddy went from att to verizon last year and all he did is bitch about verizon.

Keegan
01-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Coverage isn't an issue where we are. It's more the plan our family is on, and the device my father uses at the hospital. He will also be getting a sweeter deal through Verizon.

Chainsaw_Willie
01-26-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm with Verizon now.

That took long enough.

ArmadaBC
01-26-2009, 08:16 AM
^^is unicell the one that works in MRV? if so will verizon roam up there now? i like being away from the phone but if the kids need to reach me it's good to have the option you know? imagine the dilemma, being able to reach Bridger ( in a few years), or a pow day at MRG???

My Verizon phone works at the Bush, no internet or gps but it will make calls and text.

Don't know about MRG.

milton
01-26-2009, 08:30 AM
VT just got At&t wireless recently. They bought out Unicell I believe. I just signed with at&t last week and so far it is kicking verizons ass!

Verizon originally bought Unicel, but had to sell it off to AT&T to keep competition fair. Current Unicel customers have one year to decide if they want to sign a contract with AT&T.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20090104/BUSINESS/90103020

RShea
01-26-2009, 12:09 PM
I swear, I live in the only pocket of civilization where the Verizon guy didn't check to see if you could hear him. Constantly getting no service and dropped calls up the wazoo.
Verizon has some holes in their map, but of the 4 major national companies (AT&T, Sprint/Nextel, and T-Mobile) they are the best and most complete coverage in my experience. Out West is worst than East Coast coverage too across the board with all the companies.

RShea
01-26-2009, 12:23 PM
^^is unicell the one that works in MRV? if so will verizon roam up there now? i like being away from the phone but if the kids need to reach me it's good to have the option you know? imagine the dilemma, being able to reach Bridger ( in a few years), or a pow day at MRG???I have not heard of Unicell, but if they are working on the now AT&T network, then Verizon will not roam on it at all. AT&T and T-Mobile both use GSM networks in the USA (and their phones have a sim module in them) and Verizon as well as Sprint use the completely different CDMA technology on their phones. So AT&T customers can roam on T-Mobile or vice versa, but Verizon can't roam on any GSM carriers, unless you have a very rare international Verizon phone that is GSM technology (since GSM is much more popular outside the US)

The article that was provided mentioned that the Unicell customers can keep their existing phone if they want when moving to AT&T, so it sounds like they are GSM.

Blatant
01-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Agreed. But Nextel sucks more.

Quite possibly the most accurate statement ever to be on this forum.

However Sprint has been fantastic for me for the past several years.

old ass thread.

RShea
01-26-2009, 12:38 PM
There is an inexpensive way of trying AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon Networks without signing any contracts at all. It is called Tracfone or Net10 prepay cell phones. You can purchase one and activate it for as little as $10.00 and try it out. (Activating over the internet gets you 60 days of service and 20 minutes of talk time with Tracfone, 300 minutes usually on most Net10 phones.) Each have packages and model phones that are pretty simple in features, but are for one of the 3 networks. It will not test the actual phone you may end up with on a contract, but it is an easy way to see if service is an issue at popular places like your house, work, etc. without ever having to deal with money back warranties, trial contract windows, or cancellation fees. PM me if you want info on how to tell which carrier a phone will activate on for any the Tracfone or Net10 offerings.

laseranimal
01-26-2009, 01:58 PM
I'll second AT&T kicking ass

In my neck of the woods veriZon is spotty at best, but I've never had problems w/ AT&T

char
01-26-2009, 08:40 PM
This is kind of a weird thread to pop up all of the sudden.

I have the opportunity to work and travel in some of the more remote places in the Western US. Like, dropped off by helicopter remote.

Time after time I have cell coverage while my co-workers do not.

No issues with Verizon so far.