PDA

View Full Version : Moab trail advice?

Red Baron
05-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Ok, I need a MODERATE trail to ride in Moab this Thursday with my significant other. (eg, not amasa back :D )

Suggestions please? Something that goes up and down, but not too much of either? And preferably not on a jeep trail...

Of the many, many times I've been to Moab, this is the second time I'll have a bike with me, so I'm definitely JONGable here...

Mr. Altagirl
05-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Wish you were with us this weekend. We did an "unnamed" trial twice and really had a good time (A.G. didn't get to do as much as I did since she shuttled us, I owe her one). Porcupine is just like the High-T on a Powday; Gapers standing around looking for a way down without "dieing" and us flying by in full attack mode. Really fun!

Think about Sovereign trail and Fisher Mesa. The new Sovereign trail is easy to find and a good mix of slickrock and single track, both easy. Go early as it is getting too hot already (be on the trail by 0900 and you should be OK). Fisher Mesa is really cool, almost 100% single track and amazing views. If exposure is an issue, be careful on a few of the turns. PM A.G for details (she has ALL the beta) and give me a call before you go, maybe I will have to be working down there for the day and could tour guide for a few hours.