PDA

View Full Version : rickshaw bike

gonzo
05-16-2004, 06:56 PM
anyone know where to get a rickshaw bike? that would be the best night job ever. make your own hours, get in shape, good cash, meet people...

Benny Profane
05-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Have you talked about this with your mom?
I mean, yeah, for a night or two, ok, but as a profit motive, nope. Trust me, I drove a cab in NYC. I would have been your hostile competition.

gonzo
05-17-2004, 03:25 PM
i will not trust my happiness in your hands. i will not let you rain on my parade.

a rickshaw bike would be kick ass!

ps i'm a student, not looking for a career here...

PlayHarder
05-17-2004, 04:00 PM
I rode one in Victoria for a summer - best job ever.
Tourist season on Vancouver Island, you would either get hired for a one hour tour or all day. Either way, I was raking in $300-400/ day, having a blast and getting some killer cardio workouts (pedaling overweight tourists is a pretty good workout).
About six of us would keep our trikes for the evening and do club runs. Kept a bottle of tokillya under the seat and some smokables available, made another 200-300 bucks running partiers from club to club.
If you can find one, grab it.

gonzo
05-17-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by PlayHarder
I rode one in Victoria for a summer - best job ever.
Tourist season on Vancouver Island, you would either get hired for a one hour tour or all day. Either way, I was raking in $300-400/ day, having a blast and getting some killer cardio workouts (pedaling overweight tourists is a pretty good workout).
About six of us would keep our trikes for the evening and do club runs. Kept a bottle of tokillya under the seat and some smokables available, made another 200-300 bucks running partiers from club to club.
If you can find one, grab it.

that is what i thought!

now getting one is a different story. they seem to be expensive from the little bit of research i have done...

Benny Profane
05-17-2004, 06:35 PM
hurumph.....I supose it's a fun job in touristville, but watch out for those Boston drivers. Good God.

But it has to be a great workout. And if you've got an attractive woman or two in the cab behind you, well, they can see that you aren't like those fat guys in the clubs they 're cruising.

cantunamunch
05-17-2004, 08:19 PM
http://www.pedicab.com/

But, if you'll excuse the term, that's rather pedestrian.

The babe magnet, fits your therapist's office too:

http://www.bikeforest.com/cb/