PDA

View Full Version : Weyless bikes, knockoff or good value?

Crinkle
05-14-2004, 03:39 PM
I got the Supergo catalog the other day in the mail, paging through I see Weyless XP Pro for $2199, so I go to the website and find it on sale for $1600!!!

http://www.supergo.com/product_images/large/30-0707.jpg

This thing is fully stocked with good parts.
Fork: Fox Talas RL
Front Derail: Shimano XT
Rear Derail: Shimano XT
Shifters: Sram Attack Trigger
Brakes: Avid Juicy, 7
Tires: WTB Weirwolf 26 x 2.3
Seat: WTB Laser V - Ti Rail
Seatpost: Weyless Forged 2014
Handlebar: Weyless Carbon CX-2
Grips: WTB Dual Compound
Stem: Weyless M-8 four bolt
Headset: WTB Momentum Cartridge
Crankset: Shimano XT 760
Rearshock: Fox Talas RL w/ Propedal

I have tried, but have not found many reviews on it. I have read things like "SC Heckler knockoff"
"don't buy it doesn't support your LBS"
and more of the same, but nothing on what it is like except the blurb from Mountain Bike magazine on the Supergo website. I am not financially in the situation to buy this bike, just curious. Seems like a killer deal for a 5" travel bike. Only downfall being that its a Single pivot design. Anyone ride one of these? Any experiences with Weyless frames? I heard of some issues with last years "67" which is a DH frame, but virtually no info on this bike.

here's supergo link http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=24424&lsubcat_id=7&lcat_id=7604&referpage=

ak_powder_monkey
05-14-2004, 04:44 PM
I have an access XCL from the supergo factory, and its the best frame ever, I've only heard of good things about weyless

powderboy
05-14-2004, 06:08 PM
I think that Weyless frame looks swwwweeeeeettt personally! It's set up similar to a Santa Cruz Heckler or Superlight, but at a much lower cost.

Check out the specs... it's a steal! That burnt orange paint looks nice too.

I think they've stepped it up for sure.

CantDog
05-14-2004, 06:46 PM
My bud used to ride one of the access frames (when they were selling for 100 bucks) and for cross country use it did just fine. Never broke it or anything. I think they are pretty decently made now, thats a damn good price when you consider what a nice ride costs now adays.

Art Vandelay
05-14-2004, 09:40 PM
I have an access frame...not weyless, but a cheap supergo frame anyways. No problems, seems really well made. Go for it.

Dromond
05-14-2004, 10:14 PM
If it's a good Heckler knockoff, i.e. the geometry and construction are decent.... I'd hit it :)

BradyCU
05-19-2004, 11:42 PM
Hey tap that shit for sure, we putting in a supergo in denver this july so you could check them out there. I'll hit you up when I get back from Flordia and we'll go ride now that schools out!....Results from BBQ....Rail Yard Ale is some tasty shiznizzzle...Thanks again for hooking me up.

Crinkle
05-21-2004, 08:35 AM
ah sweet brady, glad you enjoyed the brews. I'll be checking them out for sure in July when they set up shop in Denver. I have since been in contact with a few guys that have them and all i have heard is rave review for the bike and the value. I'll have to start saving my pennies now.

GT40
05-21-2004, 11:22 AM
I'm new to biking. I love my DH bike, but it is a killer going uphill much. This bike sounds like a killer deal for weight and in. of travel. Your ideas and opinions are very helpful to this newby. If this deal is as good as it sounds, please let me know. :)