PDA

View Full Version : have fun at work, ya'll...

hardrider
05-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Im going riding.:p
________
FIX PS3 (http://fixps3.info/)

Telenater
05-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by hardrider
Im going riding.:p

I hope you get a flat...... :D

watersnowdirt
05-13-2004, 01:22 PM
hardrider - so glad you've joined the fabulous and zany world of riding.

Can't wait to catch up with you up there to ride some trails! I'll need to start off slow, but it won't take me long, hopefully!

Telenater
05-13-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by watersnowdirt

Can't wait to catch up with you up there to ride some trails! I'll need to start off slow, but it won't take me long, hopefully!

Yeah, waiting for a ride report....

WSD, go slow like I do... Looks like my first real mtb ride for the year will be Sunday at Downieville. Hell, last year my third ride in 8 years was Mr. Toads...

Arty50
05-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by watersnowdirt
I'll need to start off slow...

So does he. Today I'm going slow but steady up the climb, I pull up to this kid, and he's sitting on the ground.

Me: "What's wrong?"
hr: "My ass hurts."
Me: [Thinks of a million jokes]"Get up you wuss. It's just a little climb."
hr: "I suck."
Me: "Well, that's not the first thing that came to mind. But, yes. You do."

:D

lph
05-13-2004, 06:01 PM
he complains about his ass on every bike ride, and I am sick of it. why doesn't he just put a goddamn seat on the bike. ;)

HR, just kidding man, but given all the pain you are having, you should reconsider the hard tail purchase. i saw two full suspension bikes for sale in the tahoe tribune today. one 650 and 500 bucks.

Telenater
05-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by lph
HR, just kidding man, but given all the pain you are having, you should reconsider the hard tail purchase. i saw two full suspension bikes for sale in the tahoe tribune today. one 650 and 500 bucks.

Soft tail bikes are nice. You can get away with bad bike handleing and poor line choice that will beat you to hell on a hard tail. Of course, they also let you get away with those same bad habits.

divegirl
05-13-2004, 06:13 PM
I like the hardtail I'm riding on right now.....they go uphill like a rocket - if I let it ;)

Actually, come to think of it, hardrider does complain about his ass a lot. We were all at the hot springs after skiing on Sunday, and there he was, talking about how his ass hurts ;) Hahahaha, it was so endearing ;)

Arty50
05-13-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Telenater
Soft tail bikes are nice. You can get away with bad bike handleing and poor line choice that will beat you to hell on a hard tail. Of course, they also let you get away with those same bad habits.

:rolleyes:

watersnowdirt
05-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Full suspension!!! it's the way to go! especially if you're having ass problems.

(lph - remember that guy we rode with in Moab who did ALL of Porcupine Rim without a seat???? Insane. His legs cramped up so badly he had to stop several times. Now that's hardcore.).

HR - I have a friend selling a nice FS Marin bike who would likely take a decent offer on it. I'll check in with her...)