PDA

View Full Version : Need a used bike...help

Lumpy
05-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Want to pick up a used mt. bike, hardtail, full suspension whatever...something decent. Won't be downhilling, just trail riding, hauling my fat ass around...haven't considered buying a bike for over a decade (last place I lived mt. bikers were sport for the log truck drivers and drunk rednecks in the hills).

Appreciate some reccomendations and keeping an eye out for deals since I have zero idea of what to look for.

Preferably not something with cranks as old as the ones on Frizzo's ride.;)

Looking to spend 500-700?

Viva
05-13-2004, 09:16 AM
If they're still available, FatTire Farm in PDX has a couple of demo Rocky Mountain Vertex for sale in that price range. It's been a month since I've been there, but they had your size. I think the bikes are from either last season or two seasons ago. They seemed to be in pretty nice shape.

altagirl
05-13-2004, 09:17 AM
What size?

Lumpy
05-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Size?!! I'm 5'10 ish...can't remember what frame size I bought last, was back in like.....'89!!

All I know is that I the bike I bought was ranked by a Mt. Bike mag as one of the all time worst bikes ever produced...a Raleigh Technium Peak I think it was, with the rear brakes mounted funkily on the lower part of the frame...so anything is an improvement!

jayfrizzo
05-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Get this (http://yeticycles.com/1_bikes/asx_grvl.html). You can store it in my garage so the li'l lady doesn't feel like second fiddle.

Don't worry about the whole "price range" thing.

J-