PDA

View Full Version : Time trial RR

Vinman
05-13-2004, 08:11 AM
Did my first time trial of the year last night. It was a short 8 mile course that was mostly flat with a few rollers. This was also my first event with aerobars so for me it was a bit of an experiment.

Conditions could not have been better, roughly 75 deg and lo humidity with just a bit of a head wind on the 1st leg. I was lined up in 22nd spot right in front of the fastest guy in the club, great.

I got a good start and was cruising at aout 23 mph for the first couple miles. At about the 2.5 mile mark I get passed by the fast guy. If you aren't familliar with TT, each rider starts 1 min apart. So in just over 2 miles, he gained a minute on me and left me in the dust. He is fast.

Anyway, I pushed on hard and finished the course in 23.28 with an average speed of 21.05 mph, meaing I was covering the distance of 1 mile in about 2.9 min (2min 54sec). This was a good result for me as I have never been higher than 19 and change for average speed in one of these events. I would have to say that the aerobars are part of the reason and the fact that I am more fit this summer as I am getting ready for my first triathlon in 1 month.

ulty_guy
05-13-2004, 09:02 AM
sweet speed!