PDA

View Full Version : bellingham gnar trip report

White Chocolate
05-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Just got back from a crazy ass ride just outside of b'ham 15 min from my house :D The trail is called snakeonia, and it was definately eye opening :eek:

http://content.mtbr.com/pscTrails/United,States,Trails/Washington/,Snakeonia/PRD_170957_4586crx.aspx

You start out in a clear cut hanging on for dear life to the brakes, and then end up in the woods where the rock rides start. Imagine turning around a tree onto a 65 degree bumpy offcamber rock face, slide down that for 10' and then hopefully make the corner. that describes several of them :D I have always been too scared to try anything similar before today, but for some reason at the top of the first rock, i threw caution to the wind and went for it. And somehow stuck it! from there on out, i think i yelled "i can't believe i just rode that. holy shit" at least 5 or 6 seperate times. even better is that there are several extremely steep, ass on the tire, loose and twisty sections to perform barely in control slides on. I am still super pumped up from this ride, knowing that 5 hours ago my riding ability was several notches lower then right now. oh yeah, this was my first real test of my new combination of maxxis highrollers 2.5 front and rear, with the 50a duro. they passes the test with flying colors :D time for a beer...

dipstik
05-09-2004, 08:36 PM
i like this review: "This is a no-F#&k-around expert trail. If you are skilled enough and tenacious enough to find it, which most are not, you will be pleased with this ride"

nice job man, sounds killer!

Kellie
05-09-2004, 11:06 PM
how does it feel to be a champion?

ross = my new hero . . . can i get some lessons?!?!!?

Grange
05-10-2004, 02:09 PM
I love reading about people pushing their limit and surviving to tell about it. Awesome!

hev
05-10-2004, 03:16 PM
nice WC. sounds like you have acess to some great riding.