PDA

View Full Version : Someone tried to steal my fuggin cranks

jayfrizzo
05-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Luckily they're Profiles and you can't get 'em off w/o a hammer.

I'm riding down to check out the progress on the skatepark their building down the street, and my chain keeps shifting to the little chainring. Hmm. Whatever, my shit never shifts right.

Then I hear this annoying clicking. WTF? I pull over and one of my bolts is missing and the crank is about to fall off.

I locked my bike up when I was at the dentist yesterday and this is the only time I can think of when this woulda happened.

Man, I wish I woulda caught those fuckers in the act. From behind, of course, cause I'm kind of a wimp.

J-

phUnk
05-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Let me get my fishing line, electric eels, Red Bull, night vision, poison darts, alu baseball bat and 80 pound dog.

Operation "Jay's Honeypot" is about to commence.

PS. :mad:

snow_slider
05-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Is it possible the bolt just vibrated loose? I have a set of profiles on my Giant and I'm CONSTANTLY tightening the crankbolts. The just come loose all by themselves.

jayfrizzo
05-09-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by snow_slider
Is it possible the bolt just vibrated loose? I have a set of profiles on my Giant and I'm CONSTANTLY tightening the crankbolts. The just come loose all by themselves.

I've had these cranks since 1995 and they've NEVER come loose.

There's no way one would come loose to the point of falling off and I'd not notice it.

snow_slider
05-09-2004, 09:30 AM
In that case, hang the perpetrator.

Bike thieves should be shot!