PDA

View Full Version : Utards: saturday ride

Telephil
05-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Anyone wanna do something? Maybe Park City, mormon pioneer trail (or whatever AG calls it.)

jayfrizzo
05-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Let's go huck. Or ride street.

I'll do something if it's technical. My bike and I won't be able to keep up with you shredders on flat speeded-out trails.

I've heard about some north-shore-style stuff in PC. We should do that.

J-

Telephil
05-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by jayfrizzo
Let's go huck. Or ride street.

I'll do something if it's technical. My bike and I won't be able to keep up with you shredders on flat speeded-out trails.

I've heard about some north-shore-style stuff in PC. We should do that.

J-

pfft. whatever.:rolleyes:

Particle
05-06-2004, 02:52 PM
I WANT to...but the almost-in-laws are in town...sigh. Have fun fellas! JayF--there are a couple NS-style stunts on the Mormon Pioneer trail. Short but fun!

jayfrizzo
05-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Telephil
pfft. whatever.:rolleyes:

Come on, dude. Let's do the PC trail. You can ride around the stunts so you don't tear your spandex.

homerjay
05-06-2004, 02:59 PM
phil - what class do you race?

CS
05-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Jayfrizzo:
Come on, dude. Let's do the PC trail. You can ride around the stunts so you don't tear your spandex.

Bwaaaahahahaha

Do it Phil. Don't be a pansy-ass.

Telephil
05-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by homerjay
phil - what class do you race?

Sport right now, hence the reason I'm shopping for a lighter bike. 28-29 lbs is too heavy to be competitive.

altagirl
05-06-2004, 04:18 PM
I vote for something at least somewhat technical, but something that I can actually ride. Then if we go check out other stuff later, that's fine, but I don't see myself actually riding any sort of north shore style thing.

Telephil
05-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by altagirl
I vote for something at least somewhat technical, but something that I can actually ride. Then if we go check out other stuff later, that's fine, but I don't see myself actually riding any sort of north shore style thing.

That works perfect for me.

powderwhore
05-06-2004, 04:26 PM
I'd love too, but my bike sucks.

Maybee next year.

cololi
05-06-2004, 04:54 PM
I may be in. And my bike sucks too. I am pretty much a mellow biker, suck at climbing, don't bomb the downhills, am not going to do anything remotely close to north shore stuff, and basically am a biking pansy. So who wants to ride?

jayfrizzo
05-06-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm running in a 5k that morning, and depending what/when you suckas decide to do I may be in for a ride as well.

Gauntlet: Phil, you wanna run then ride? Maybe that'll drop you to only slightly above everyone's level.

Anyhizzle, Mormon trail would be cool. I don't know jack about the PC trail, but from what I hear you can pick your stunt level. I sure as shit am not going to be doing anything big. But it'd be cool to huck around a little, as my heavy 24" hardtail doesn't like straight-up XC rides.

J-

altagirl
05-06-2004, 05:18 PM
The part of the mormon trail that's technical is still under snow and the stuff I rode yesterday is straight up XC. Which is fine if you want a workout but I'm getting that the consensus is that we want something at least somewhat technical.

Does anyone actually know where this stunt area is in PC? I've only heard that it exists and that's about it. I'd be up for riding in PC - Spiro, Sweeney... something. Anyone know if John's trail is clear yet? Anyone know what trails would link up with the stunt area?

Telephil
05-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Which is fine if you want a workout but I'm getting that the consensus is that we want something at least somewhat technical.

Something where both is available, but I'm sure the faster you go, the harder right? Park City would be my vote as well.

phUnk
05-07-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm in for whatever. All you "special needs" kids can work out exactly what satisfies everyone. :D

skibe
05-07-2004, 01:07 PM
I rode Muellers a couple days ago and you can get to the top but it was a little muddy coming down for a mile or so. I would be up for an early morning ride on that Tomorrow. Got a ton of shit going on at home so I don't know if I can make it up east canyon for the mormon trail.

Telephil
05-07-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by skibe
I rode Muellers a couple days ago and you can get to the top but it was a little muddy coming down for a mile or so. I would be up for an early morning ride on that Tomorrow. Got a ton of shit going on at home so I don't know if I can make it up east canyon for the mormon trail.

This might be a good idea.

Ski Monkey
05-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Does anyone actually know where this stunt area is in PC? I've only heard that it exists and that's about it. I'd be up for riding in PC - Spiro, Sweeney... something. Anyone know if John's trail is clear yet? Anyone know what trails would link up with the stunt area?

I vaguely know where it's at...somewhere up daly canyon. At least the one I've seen. The problem is I only remember it by sight, not trail name.

Not sure about johns. just got done riding solamere. Was nice. I would imagine john's is clear of snow and pretty dry. Trails that link up with the icy hot stutaz area would be....hard to tell exactly with the map. I have it down to about 3 options.

skibe
05-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Saturday morning ride is out for me. I have two maybe three trips to the dump to get rid of the deck I ripped out this afternoon.
Telephil, Do you have an open schedule during the week. weekday day rides are good for me. I love getting paid to ride :D . Muellers would be great say Monday or Tuesday 11:00 am or so. Let me know.

Particle
05-07-2004, 10:29 PM
OK, I may be in for a 1-2 hr. ride. What's the decision? Someone w/ my phone number callm e n the morning. druszunk ami

Ski Monkey
05-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Particle
Someone w/ my phone number callm e n the morning. druszunk ami

same here 435-602-xxxx

Telephil
05-08-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by skibe
Telephil, Do you have an open schedule during the week. weekday day rides are good for me. I love getting paid to ride :D . Muellers would be great say Monday or Tuesday 11:00 am or so. Let me know.

Monday and Tuesday both work well for me in the mornings. The only problem is my workout schedule is pretty regimented so I can only do certain types of riding certain days. Kinda sucks sometimes, but it's the means to the end is what I always say.

altagirl
05-08-2004, 07:50 AM
Okay, since there's no decision here, Mr.AG and I are going to finish fixing the sprinklers in the yard this morning, and head up to Park City after that. I'm thinking we'll go up around lunchtime, maybe ride Lost Prospector and/or Spiro/Sweeney's something on the other side and check out where the snow level is. I'll give you guys a call when we know what time we'll be up there unless I hear otherwise.

altagirl
05-08-2004, 12:41 PM
We're heading to PC now. Meeting at Jans at 1:30 if anyone's interested.

Mr. Altagirl
05-09-2004, 08:51 AM
We're thinking about doing a shuttle at the Bountiful DH run and then riding Mueller park sometime late Sunday morning. Anyone interested? phUnk, Jay -quite being such a Sally and lets go wear some body armour. Don't make mee get Ski Monkey down here to school us all on his rigid bike. (We rode with him yesterday and he rocks on an ancient rigid Rockhopper).

phUnk
05-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Altagirl
phUnk, Jay -quite being such a Sally and lets go wear some body armour. We'll talk when you step to the "Maggot Power Park City Endurance 100 (http://theendurance100.com/) Relay Team." ;)

altagirl
05-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Are you actually wanting to put together a maggot team? I'd definitely consider it (as long as it's fun/accomplishment/drinking beer oriented vs. winning oriented).

Mr. AG and I are already fighting over who should get stage 4. Sweeney Switchbacks and Johns Trail are my favorite descents in PC.