PDA

View Full Version : Fruita TR

cumerritt
05-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Just got back from Fruita last night. What a great place! CUBUCK and I stayed at Highline SP off exit 15 on 70. The park is great. There were a handful of other mtb'ers there, a lake, showers, bbq pits and really nice sites. It is a place we are sure to use as a base the next time we hit Fruita.

As for the riding, Fruita is awesome. We rode the Mary's Loop area and covered about 20 miles before the heat set in and our water ran out. We started on Marys, rode Horsetheif, Troy, Mack Ridge and then back on Moore Fun. The trails out there are awesome, all single track, except parts of Mary's and no other bikers in site. There were some nice technical lines on a few of the trails too. The views offered from the trails were also stunning. Fruita definitely gives Moab a run for its money. Once the fall gets here we are going back for a two day tour for sure.

homerjay
05-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Fruita Rocks! My gf just got me a guidebook of the area, there's so much more out there yet to explore. Personally, I'll take singletrack over redneck jeep trails any day.

Did you guys ride over by the bookcliffs (Prime Cut, Chutes & Ladders, etc.)? That's fun, too.

el_jefe
05-06-2004, 10:04 AM
fruita rules.

that is all.

http://classic.mountainzone.com/mtbiking/2000/features/fruita/graphics/Earlye.jpg

p-tex
05-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Best ride you have never ridden in Fruita area below:

There is a really sweet single track ride that is sorta part of the Kokopelli trail that almost no one rides. You take the Rabbit Valley exit (exit #2) and go south on the dirt road a couple miles, find a good spot to park and then ride the double track on the Kokopelli into Utah (you go through a fence), keep on going for about 1/2 mile and generally stay left on the trails and it will hook into a sweet rolling single track that runs along the rim of the Colo River. Similar to Mary's but all single track and never another rider in sight - even on the weekends. You can keep on the single track as it heads back toward I-70 or you can re-join the Kokopelli and loop it back to the Rabbit Valley exit. Doing it as an out and back is generally more fun but looping it is also a nice long ride.

p-tex
05-06-2004, 10:57 AM
100 -

hev
05-06-2004, 11:14 AM
that chutes and ladders ride is really fun I remember. some sweet jumps on the decent as I recall....