PDA

View Full Version : plattekill news

jstead
04-21-2004, 08:19 AM
This palce is killer!

Greetings Mountain Bikers:

2004 BIKING SEASON IS HERE!!!

This weekend, APRIL 24-25 join us for a WORK & RIDE weekend...come on up for a weekend of trail clearing, FREE burgers and a few hours of "FREE"riding for all who attend! Come one day or both and camp out! 9am - base lodge. Bring whatever tools you have - rakes, saws, etc...

May 1 & 2 lifts operate 10am-5pm - recreational riding open all weekend.

May 2 - Plattekill's DH Race #2 of the "Plattekill Series". Pre-register today online at www.plattekill.com and click "biking".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
$219 BIKE SEASON PASSES on sale thru May 3.
After May 3, passes are $279.
PLUS...NEW this season...all passholders are entitled to $10 off DH entries for 2004.

ALSO NEW this year $69.95 FREQUENT BIKER CARDS. Pay $69.95 for the card and ride all season for $10 off the daily lift ticket price of $25. Limit one ticket per cardholder per day.

TO PURCHASE YOUR SEASON PASS OR BIKER CARD visit www.plattekill.com and click "biking".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
2004 Plattekill "Extreme Series" Races:
Below is our 2004 dates...dates are subject to change and we are planning additional events once the season is underway including MTNX, DS, FREERIDE, 4X. Open to any and all new ideas -whatdayathink? please make suggestions by emailing us at plattekill@aol.com.

* March 28 - DH #1
* May 2 - DH #2
* June 6 - DH #3
* July 11 - DH #4
* July 25 - XC #1
* August 14&15 - XC#2(Sat) & DH #5(Sun) A.M.B.C. EVENT
* September 11- Annual Night Ride
* September 12 - DH #6
* October 9 & 10 - XC#3 (Sat) & DH #7 (Sun)
* November 7 - DH #8

THANKS...and HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE TRAILS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!

bagtagley
04-21-2004, 10:01 AM
I was looking at their site last night. They got a sh'load of races this season. I'm definitely gonna have to make the drive up one of those weekends.

Vinman
04-21-2004, 12:07 PM
If you crash bad, be nice to the guy driving the meat wagon. He's probably my brother.

bagtagley
04-21-2004, 12:29 PM
No bad JuJu in stoke threads. Specially pertaining to Platty-Kill.

crashnburn'd
04-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by jstead
THANKS...and HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE TRAILS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!

May be over there this weekend... Although there is other stuff closer that I want to explore first, so not sure

shmerham
04-28-2004, 10:08 AM
What's the riding like on the xc side of things there? Is there much, or is it mostly hardcore dh stuff?

I'm more into twisty, flowy stuff than huck your meat stuff.

Worth a 5 hour trip to make a weekend out of it?