PDA

View Full Version : My first ebay purchase

Beaver
04-20-2004, 11:11 AM
I just bought my first item through ebay. It is a lovely 14" multispeed puple vibrator. Oh, wait no, it is a 2002 Marzocchi Z1 Wedge. Now I get to see what kind of piece of shit I bought for $142. I did it sniper style. Watch the auction then with 6 seconds left I threw in my bid and snaked it. Gosh golly I'm so exited. A new (to me) front shock and a rebuilt rear shock. I'm going to be smoothing down the trails now.

Ripzalot
04-20-2004, 12:56 PM
good shock and a good deal. i have the same on my bullit for xc (and a monster t for downhill). keep the seals well lubed and it'll last you a long time. it rides like butta!

btw, next time try: http://www.auctionsniper.com

in the words of ron popeil - set it and forget it!

CaddyDaddy77
04-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Ripzalot
good shock and a good deal. i have the same on my bullit for xc (and a monster t for downhill). keep the seals well lubed and it'll last you a long time. it rides like butta!

btw, next time try: http://www.auctionsniper.com

in the words of ron popeil - set it and forget it!

Ripz, says approx. 1% of your item for their commision, had positive experiences with them? Worth the service?

Nice snag Beav.

InspectorGadget
04-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Beaver
I'm going to be smooving down the trails now.

Very nice, enjoy the ride Beav. :cool:

Ripzalot
04-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by CaddyDaddy77
Ripz, says approx. 1% of your item for their commision, had positive experiences with them? Worth the service?

Nice snag Beav.

i use it all the time. great service, never fails. if i were to buy a bike or something over say $500, i'd probably just snipe manually. depends on how bad i want it. a lot of times auctions end in the middle of the night so its perfect for that.

the best part is that it takes all the psychology out of auction buying, which is what tends to get most people. people get hung up on "winning" the auction and throw their initial max price out the window. (OK, I'll go another $5, then another, then....) with AS, you decide your max, set it, and walk away. plus, when you place a bid on ebay, you are just encouraging others to one up you, which is what an auction is supposed to do.

another nice feature is (i dont know what they call it offhand) that you can place one bid for multiple auctions of the same product. as soon as you win one of them, it cancels the others. very cool!

their technical setup is a pretty interesting read too. seems they are plugged in as close to the ebay servers as physically possible to ensure the quickest response time.

CaddyDaddy77
04-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Coo,l thank you.

Sorry for the thread hijack Beaver, just interested.