PDA

View Full Version : first mtb ride in 10 years...

natty dread
04-15-2004, 06:22 PM
And it was fun. Rode the ridge trail in the east hills of the hood river valley, perfect riding weather, a little muddy, but damn! I love this mountain biking stuff! :D And I get free demos at the shop till my heckler gets here, supposedly in mid-may.
I'm tired, time for a burrito.

Mr. Altagirl
04-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Welcome to your new addiction. Have fun, especially since you live in a true mountain bike mecca.

phUnk
04-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Woohoo! Welcome to scab season!

snow_slider
04-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Excellent! Why is it that after a ride, a burrito ALWAYS seems like the perfect thing to devoure?

freshies
04-16-2004, 11:33 AM
awesome! wait till you jhave one of those great days/rides (just like in skiing). where the single track is all tacky (not too wet, not too dusty...just right....) and you feel at one w/your ride, flowing over everything, cleaning the whole trail (no clipping out, walking, etc...just riding it all smooth and fast....), a big smile on your face, working your body into that state where you are feeling euphoric (sp).......you will be hooked......just like that epic first pow day that keeps ya comin' back for more.......happy trails!

Superstar Punani
04-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by natty dread
And it was fun. Rode the ridge trail in the east hills of the hood river valley, perfect riding weather, a little muddy, but damn! I love this mountain biking stuff! :D And I get free demos at the shop till my heckler gets here, supposedly in mid-may.
I'm tired, time for a burrito.

Sweet! I had my first one in 18 months yesterday and was buzzing from stoke all night.

The Reverend Floater
04-16-2004, 01:06 PM
L:

You need to come here and ride. I've ridden all over your area, and this place puts even HR to shame. That is all.

R

altachic
04-16-2004, 02:45 PM
w00t w00t...Natty is finally biking again!

I really hope i can get to HR this year and we can finally ride together, i love it!

Oh....and, I miss you L.

The Reverend Floater
04-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by altachic
w00t w00t...Natty is finally biking again!

I really hope i can get to HR this year and we can finally ride together, i love it!

Oh....and, I miss you L.

WTSFGMPPPS

Way Too Sappy For General Maggot Public Post Preservation Service

phUnk
04-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Floater... I miss you.

altachic
04-16-2004, 09:39 PM
Oh please dudes...you'd do the same.

Kisses,
L

Oh...Rev and phUnk: Kiss my ass, both cheeks, right now.

natty dread
04-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Thanks for sharing in the stoke of this mtb newbie y'all. I still felt awesome today even during a looong day at work. Yeah Punani, I know what ya mean about the buzz--I never thought pedaling a bike around would make me feel so amped.
And AC--you don't call anymore, you don't write...the pain stops and starts like a corkscrew through my heart...(know who wrote that L?)
Rev and Tap, I may well take both of you up on your offers. Pretty lucky to be so close to 2 mtb meccas. Let me get a few miles in first though...
Viva, depending on the weather, I may be in tomorrow afternoon.