PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cruz bullit with Sliders

L8APX
04-15-2004, 07:50 AM
Just trying to get the word around if anyone is interested.
Check it out (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27948&item=3672331780&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

L8APX
04-16-2004, 07:57 AM
beaver, it's currently 35.5 lbs with the 2.35 minion tires. It weighed about 37.5 - 38.5 lbs with 2.5 dh minions and a evil SRS chain guide. The reserve is less than $2,000 which is a steal for this setup. let me know if you have anymore questions and thanks for the interest.

Ripzalot
04-18-2004, 04:17 AM
mmmm....rootbeer. sweet bike setup! definitely worth $2k.

L8APX
04-30-2004, 08:54 AM
SOLD.

Now this is on the way.
http://www.coloradocyclist.com/images/products/full/snaabcd04.jpg
Acording to ups it will be in my hands Monday morning. The gloss grey is going to be sick with the camo sliders

bagtagley
04-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Hey L8APX, How long did you have to wait for that frame?

I just talked to the LBS this afternoon about acquiring that sucker, he's supposed to get back to me anytime. I just have a bad feeling that there's a long waiting list.

Edit: Oh and, congratulations...ya bastehd!

L8APX
04-30-2004, 01:39 PM
Bag, I ordered it yesterday and got the UPS tracking that says it will be here on Monday. The only thing that sucks is rounding up all the parts to build it. I need a e type f derailer, 2 ex 823 mavic rims, a camo slider + like the one I just sold and this funky custom truvativ bb that santa cruz offers to get the 55mm chain line they recomend. Forgot the cranks and brakes, need those too. Should be a fun bike if it ever gets built. The cool thing was that I was able to find a shop that had the exact color and size that I wanted. Only thing is that they droped the matte grey and replaced it with the gloss. I'll try and post some pics and such as I build it up. Good luck getting one. Is your bike shop gonna float you a deal? If so your the lucky Bastehd!

bagtagley
04-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Damn, didn't know about the funky BB. I'm already having trouble with the fact that I'm going to have to build a new rear wheel...suppose it's worth the xtra stiffness of the thru axle though. Shops where I live don't stock bikes like that, so I'm going to have to order it from SC. I'd do it mailorder, but I'm hoping my shop will cut me a deal...also hoping I don't have to wait forever. I haven't completely pulled the trigger (in my mind at least) on a purchase. Price and wait time are going to be big factors.

Yeah, sucks about the matte colors. Supposedly they couldn't get the stickers to stay on, so they dropped 'em for this year. You can go ahead and post pics whenever you put a new part, or any other time for that matter. I just like lookin' at 'em.

L8APX
05-01-2004, 08:55 AM
where in WV around elkins/ snowshoe? sucks about the no dealer thing. I went for this one because of availibility. I think cambria shouldbe getting some of the first runs, so you might check with them. I live in louisville, ky and my lbs hooked me up with the two bullits that I had in the past. They were going to get the vpf for me but like you said the wait became a issue. I can talk to the owner and see what kind of deal and delivery he could give you and hook you guys up. let me know.

bagtagley
05-01-2004, 09:36 AM
I live in Morgantown right now, but the shop I deal with is in Charleston. I'm pretty good friends with the owner of the shop, so I'm counting on a pretty significant discount. So, if I can't get it from him, I'll probably just stick with the Bullit...Thanks though.

Hey, since you're a Bullit owner, I'd really like to hear your feedback on the VPF. Some comparisons and such would be killer. I've been looking all over for reviews, but haven't found very much. I'm sure it's gonna rock.

L8APX
05-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Cool, I'll try and get frame weight and stuff like that and then when I build it up I send you some pic and ride reviews. I own a blur and it rocks, so I'm hoping I'll have a heavy long travel blur. Keep a eye out. Do you ever ride Kenahwa sp? much around Charlestown? My friends and I try and make it there once or twice during the summer fall. Lots of new low key fr/xc stuff and the park ranger is too cool. He rides a bullit and build stuff.

bagtagley
05-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Small world...I think I might have met you before. I ride w/ John (the park ranger) all the time. I remember a couple of guys from KY stopping by the ranger station to BS w/ him last summer. Was that you guys? I know one of the guys we talked to was riding a Bullit w/ a single crown, I don't remember the other bike, but I think it was an Intense. Did you ever have a Balfa? Somebody had a broken Balfa that they were waiting to get back.

Regardless, we'll have to hook up and ride the next time I/you end up here/there. John and I have been talking about a Kentucky trip for a while.

L8APX
05-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Too much. My two buddies (intense and balfa/bullit) are the guys you met. I'm the third of the trio. You guys need to take a trip to louisville and we'll show you around. We'll prob. make a trip to WV, I'll let you know when the time comes. Too cool. later