- What:Sydney premiere of Andy Irons: Kissed by God
- When:Thursday, July 26. There are two screenings - the first includes a Q&A with TGR co-founder and film director Steve Jones, with doors at 6:30, film at 7:00. The second does not include the Q&A and has doors at 7:00, film at 7:30.
- Where:Event Cinemas Sydney - George St
- How Much:Tickets for the premiere with the Q&A (7:00 show): $30 Tickets for the premiere without the Q&A (7:30 show): $25
- Details:This is a special event in advance of the nationwide theatrical release.
Join TGR and our partners at Surfing World Magazine for a Sydney premiere of our new film, Andy Irons: Kissed by God. The event takes place on Thursday, July 26 at Event Cinemas George St. This is one of five VIP screenings of the film in Australia in advance of a national theatrical release in August 2018.
Get your tickets now as this event is expected to sell out very quickly.
About the film: Andy Irons: Kissed by God is a film about bipolar disorder and opioid addiction as seen through the life of three-time world champion surfer Andy Irons. Andy struggled with the same demons that millions of people worldwide battle with daily.
Andy was an incredible presence on the world stage as the “People’s Champion.” He was the pride of Hawaii and revered around the world for his blue collar rise to fame and success. However, many were unaware of the internal battles that led to his demise.
As the opioid crisis rises to a national emergency in the United States and around the world, the untold story of Andy’s life serves to tear down the myths associated with these two ferocious diseases.