- What:Havelock North Premiere of Andy Irons: Kissed by God!
- When:Wednesday, January 2nd. Doors at 7:30, Film at 9:00
- Where:Black Barn Amphitheatre
- How Much:NZ $20 adult, NZ $10 for ages 5-12
- Details:The amphitheatre in the foothills of Te Mata Peak was purpose-built for performances and has quickly gained a reputation as one of New Zealand’s finest outdoor venues. It has great acoustics, good sight lines, the best of technology installed and views to die for. Moviegoers can relax back on grassed terraces, sip a glass of wine, nibble on snacks from the in-house caterers or bring a picnic of their own to share with friends. ---GENERAL INFORMATION--- Adult Ticket 'single entry': $20 + $2 booking fee / $ 20 at the gate Child Ticket 'single entry' (5-12 yrs): $10 + $2 booking fee / $ 10 at the gate. Please check the movie rating to make sure it is a suitable film for children. Online sales are open until 5pm on the day, then gate sales from 7.30pm. R rated movies require the ticket holder to be of the age stipulated, e.g. R13 or R16, even if accompanied by a parent or guardian. This also applies to babies. Venue: Black Barn Vineyards, Black Barn Road (off Te Mata Road), Havelock North Gates open at 7:30pm - Session starts when dark (approx 9.00pm) ---SEATING--- The amphitheatre has flat, grassed terraces. You are welcome to bring rugs, pillows and low chairs, but no large beanbags as they take up too much space. High chairs can only be used at the very back of the venue or below the third terrace so that the views of others are not impeded – no exceptions. We thank you for honouring this policy. ---BEVERAGES--- Wine, beer, coffee and soft drinks will be available for purchase. No alcohol or other beverages to be brought into the venue. Sealed bottled water is allowed. Venues are required by law to refuse entry to anyone who is intoxicated. Alcohol will not be served to anyone who is intoxicated. Alcohol will not be served to minors. No ID - No Service - No Exceptions Wine must be consumed from a glass. ---WEATHER & REFUND--- Movies screen 99% of the time. There are no refunds or rain checks if you elect not to attend due to weather you do not like. If we cancel, you can attend any other movie during the same season. If in doubt, please listen to the recorded message on 877 7985 or call 021 146 0199 (after 8pm). This eTicket is non- refundable but is redeemable as stated above. Please note BNZ Globalplus Visa and MasterCard customers may experience problems. As a condition of sale, there are no refunds, exchanges or cancellations once the booking is complete except in accordance with applicable laws in the region of purchase. Please refer to Black Barn Vineyards Terms of Sale for further information or contact us for further assistance. Booking fees apply for tickets purchased online.
Show - 9:00Buy Tickets
RSVP on FacebookRSVP
Andy Irons: Kissed by God is a film about bipolar disorder and opioid addiction as seen through the life of three-time world champion surfer Andy Irons. Andy struggled with the same demons that millions of people worldwide battle with daily.
Andy was an incredible presence on the world stage as the “People’s Champion.” He was the pride of Hawaii and revered around the world for his blue collar rise to fame and success. However, many were unaware of the internal battles that led to his demise.
As the opioid crisis rises to a national emergency in the United States, the untold story of Andy’s life serves to tear down the myths associated with these two ferocious diseases.