Men's K2 Kung Fujas 2011 Review
K2 Kung Fujas Skis 2011: Pep Fujas demanded a ski that he could charge every type of terrain on, so K2 worked with him to develop a new wider K2 Kunng Fujas Ski, a ski that is big enough to float and take on the backcountry, yet nmible and poppy enough to shred the resort and the park. He added even more All-Terrain Rocker to enhance its performance in the soft snow, and retained the Bi-Directional taper for optimal switch carving. The result is a ski that is truly a quiver of one.
• Core and Flex Pattern:Use: Powder: 50%, Park: 50% // Triaxial braiding in the core consists of braiding fiberglass around a wood core to provide torsional rigidity for added control. The patented machine interlocks strands of fiberglass around a milled wood core. This unique method produces skis with great torsional strength, while maintaining the lively flex patterns of the wood core.
• Construction:The new Twin Tip Specific construction of TwinTech increases the durability of sidewall skis. A traditional sidewall construction produces a 90 degree angle where the top material and sidewall meet. The Twin Tech construction actually rolls the top material into the sidewall reducing the angle that is prone to abuse. K2 uses ABS sidewalls because of the dense characteristics and impact toughness that not only aid in the direct transmission of power but also make it very durable and resistant to moisture.
• Shape:The Bi-Directional Taper tip is still wider but closer in width to the tail. This lets the ski perform exceptionally well while skiing in the forward direction but the taper enables the skier to have similar switch arc for better and more consistent switch riding. Unlike other categories in the K2 line, the twin tips are designed to perform both forward and switch // All Terrain Rocker – 70% Camber, 30% Rocker. Features an elevated tip for variable and soft-snow performance and camber underfoot for power, energy and edge-hold in firmer conditions
• Binding Compatibility:Flat or the Griffon SchozoFrantic // The K2 SchizoFrantic inserts allow for super-fast mounting of the new K2/marker Griffon SchizoFrantic binding system without the need for drilling. Additionally, the increased surface area of the insert rings provides 67% the pullout strength of standard binding screws // Requires a wide brake binding with brake width between 102mm and 110mm
• Tip Width (mm):133
• Waist Width (mm):102
• Tail Width (mm):127
• Ability Level:Intermediate - Advanced
• Core Material:Aspen/Paulownia
• Rocker Type:Rocker/Camber
• Tail Type:Partial Twin Tip
• Turning Radius:19m@ 179cm
Categories: Ski Tags: K2, Ski, Powder, Big Mountain, Backcountry
Added: 3/1/2011 Reviewed By: gearguru