Hunter Mtn: A Closing Day TR

A lil TR I put together for some fun in the sun on our last day of skiing in lower NY.

Soft Snow and Sunblock

It's that time of the year, the days are getting longer, the birds are singing, and winter is slowly fading into spring. Winter is not over yet! While many places in the Catskills have seen their last days, Hunter mountain however still hangs in there for one last hurrah. The season may have gotten off to a slow start but February delivered, helping to keep the spring scene alive.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1397842204.617992.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	154376

The last day of hunter's session couldn't have been a better send off, a blue bird day in the 80s. A beautiful morning welcomed us to smiling faces, and plenty of snow. Sunblock today and lots of it, the soft bumps await....

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1397842247.467117.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	154377
    Hunter one was sadly closed and didn't make closing day, surprisingly hunter west still had something to say and wouldn't go down with out a fight. All but a few trails were closed and the ones that were open were laden with magnificent, soft bumps from top to bottom. Hell Gate, East Side Dr, Minya Konka, even KT-27 kept the smiles coming. On a day like today it was very hard not be smiling!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1397842285.701906.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	154378

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1397842325.170797.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	154379
    For the last day of the season, there was actually a pretty good turn out. You can hear the zip line and it's patrons screaming off in the distance, everyone not only skiers and snowboarders are having fun at hunter today. As loaded chairs went up one after the other, you wondered how there was no lift line at the bottom. So all you can do is just go up for another, the snow is soft, creamy, and just so much fun, you don't want to take a break you need to!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1397842352.559590.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	233.1 KB 
ID:	154380

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1397842383.239456.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	154381
    The DJ is playing music, the bar is serving cold beers, and the smell of the grill and burgers just wafts over the trails enticing you to relax for a min and just take it all in. The deck is alive, and smilies are all over. It's such a great day that you forget it's actually the last. After a burger and a beer it's time to head back. When I run into a few friends, as always the more the merrier! We finish our beers on the lift and make out to enjoy the rest of the afternoon. We ski until last chair, hoping they'd run the lift just a lil longer, but as always a good thing thing must come an end. Having a beer at the mid deck with some of the instructors that came out to say goodbye to another great season, was a perfect way to end a perfect day. See you next season!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1397842400.053502.jpg 
Views:	757 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	154382

Huntah, more snow than MGR. You should find time to head up this way, maybe a K day in a week or so.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Suns out, Lawn Guyland goils guns out!

One of the best finishes in many many seasons! Was passing through yesterday, Racers looked awesome bumped from head to toe. Great weekend, I am just able to stand up straight with minimal pain

Marmot

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Lawn Guyland
    i like that one

i use Lawng Eyelid
    "up in the ski resorts, up in hills they move ki's and had skis making drops on snowmobiles"- GZA

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Huntah, more snow than MGR. You should find time to head up this way, maybe a K day in a week or so.

I'm thinking Kmart next weekend. Warmer weather, mix some camping and skiing together.
    Last edited by NmbrdDays; 04-18-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Good stuff

This place is actually not too bad if you avoid it weekends between Dec 15 and Mar 15

Hunter can be alot of fun...nice end there Ya'll. I seen open runs there ,in past springs,with mandatory grass crossings;I guess they like to count them as open
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Hunter can be alot of fun...nice end there Ya'll. I seen open runs there ,in past springs,with mandatory grass crossings;I guess they like to count them as open
    I think they call that 2 trails open, upper xxx and lower xxx