Thread: Dynafit Baltoro

Dynafit Baltoro

Arggh, I couldn't help myself and saw a pair of Dynafit Baltoros online in my size for CHEAP and I bought them with skins to match.

Before I drill them (still returnable), has anybody skied these? Will be paired with TLT5P and plums and used for big vert days, perhaps occasional resort. Rocker tip seems modest. I'm wondering how they'll feel in comparison to my old BD crossbows, which currently serve the same purpose...

I've not skied the Baltoro. But I have skied and really liked the Broad Peak, the 7Summit and 3 or 4 more recent Dynafit skis. Just commenting last week of everything I ski in the "mountains" not resorts assisted the Dynfit skis are the most trustworthy...from the performance, to mount location, to skins and skin attachment. With one exception..the Stoke...I've been exceptionally pleased.

I would expect the Baltoro to be right in there with the other great big mountain, big vert skis from Dynafit. Enjoy!

I own a pair of the Baltoro, 176. Used with FT 12 and TLT 5 P for the same intention.

I liked the ski a lot for a few reasons. I prefer the weight and better build of the Baltoro compared with things like the Mustagh Ata, Manaslu, 7summits. It is a little weightier, but it is still super light compared to most anything else. The thin metal laminate that resides on the ski provides just enough damping to make it ride a bit smoother over uneven terrain or a a bit more speed than those other ski options.

I do wish it was around 88 underfoot. Just a little narrow to make for ultimate stability, IMO.

I would like the dimensions of the Amaruq, the super-subtle tail rocker of the BD Current, and just a touch more tip rocker than is on the Baltoro. Using the Baltoro build. Guess I need to get building.

I, also, did really like the Broad Peak, but the amount of Himalayan ski mountaineering I am doing now is not epic. So the Baltoro better suits most local "big day" pursuits.

What's more; if anyone wants a pair I have a once drilled set with BD skins (each used only 5-10 days) for dirt cheep. Just sayin'.

Hey Jake,
    Did you sell your Baltoro skis and skins?

Quote Originally Posted by Dane1 View Post
    .. With one exception..the Stoke...I've been exceptionally pleased.
    You won't like the Grand Teton either cuz its pretty much the same ski as the Stoke
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know