Page 161 of 465 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 11608
    Didn't realize NWS had one? What elevation? Link?
    Uno mas

i actually get it in my inbox from the ski vt list... not sure where the physical link is on BTV NWS... here's the ski vt l archives though... the reports are in the "From the Jay & Smugglers Notch Stations" sent daily from wesley wright
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    NWS station at Jay Peak reports a total of 7" in the 48 hours preceding 10am today.

This calculation still falls well short :/
    Weak sauce, Jay, weak sauce.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

i actually get it in my inbox from the ski vt list... not sure where the physical link is on BTV NWS... here's the ski vt l archives though... the reports are in the "From the Jay & Smugglers Notch Stations" sent daily from wesley wright
    Thanks. BTW - keep me posted on MW attacks.
    Uno mas

That is a supplemental report. Tend to not be from trained spotters or official NWS data reporting stations.
    Just saying.....

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    That is a supplemental report. Tend to not be from trained spotters or official NWS data reporting stations.
    Just saying.....
    word. i really have no idea about the veracity of those reports. not even sure where the measurements are from to be honest...
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

@ Hunter tomorrow. White gloves, white helmet, Red Mantras (if it's snowing; RX8's if it is not).

Jay backs their 48 hour total down from 19" to 13"! I'm taking full responsibility for this update.
    Uno mas

JGB.. I'm startin to look at Platte for Saturday, too. Gotta see what the gf wants to do and where the snow ultimately flies. I'd be coming from the north so no need to rideshare, but would definitely be interested in meeting up once we're there.

That's a lovely accent you have, New Jersey?
    Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Latest weather reports look like Plattekill is in the crosshairs and may get significant snow.

If it misses Magic (looks like it may) I'll probably be heading up to P-kill early Saturday AM. Anyone in SW CT/Westchester/Putnam interested in heading up? I can pick you up on the way
    Hopefully getting on a plane Saturday morning or else I would be heading up to Pkill...thinking positive thoughts that the heavier snowbands end up hitting north of EWR.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishexit View Post
    Hopefully getting on a plane Saturday morning or else I would be heading up to Pkill...thinking positive thoughts that the heavier snowbands end up hitting north of EWR.
    LOLZ.

Have fun.

Yes- catskills in cross hairs with foot possible at higher elevations. GFS does move some steadiers snows through the Albany, So. VT region as well. 3-5 range there with a little more in the hills of so. vt. saturday.

I'm going to have a two-fer report up tonight where I detail this system and take a look at the potential western energy to hit the GOM and blow up along the east coast.

That's a lovely accent you have, New Jersey?
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    LOLZ.

Have fun.

Efffff....

Edit: So is there any shot of me getting out on Sat...I mean right now they are saying 3-6 on Friday at Newark which doesnt seem to crazy....but I have no idea..
    Last edited by Irishexit; 01-06-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Anybody got the lowdown on cheap tix for P-kill this weekend? Best I can find on Liftopia is about $50/day which is more than I want to spend. I can do magic for $75 both days.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    JGB.. I'm startin to look at Platte for Saturday, too. Gotta see what the gf wants to do and where the snow ultimately flies. I'd be coming from the north so no need to rideshare, but would definitely be interested in meeting up once we're there.
    Heading down from 'toga, huh? I'm also making the call based on where the snow hits as I'd prefer to hit Magic, but who knows....

Mind stopping in Latham & grabbing me a NFL sandwich from Genoa Importing Co. on the way down? I haven't had one of those in years, but for some odd reason it popped into my head earlier this week and I've been craving one for days!

Jay is now saying the 7 day total is 13" too...

Quote Originally Posted by nihiles View Post
    LEMMY you definitely going to be at platts tomorrow? im pushing for it but it all depends on what happens at work today.

any other mags gonna be there for early bird specials? been watching the cam all week and today is the first day you could see the top. i expect everything is pretty fresh and waiting up there.
    They claim they are gonna open blockbuster tomm, thats according to their facebook page. With the fresh it should be a good day. I might head there or windham on sat, I have to go to work tomm or id be there.

Yeah, I'd prefer to hit Magic and just use my pass, but I haven't had a pow day this season so I'll just be watching the weather.

BrokeSomeRibs...Plattekill's got a B1G1 coupon in the Albany edition of the Entertainment book. Might be in other books too (and might be available online if you have another edition). I'd share mine but my girlfriend is claiming it.

Latest weather reports look like Plattekill is in the crosshairs and may get significant snow.

If it misses Magic (looks like it may) I'll probably be heading up to P-kill early Saturday AM. Anyone in SW CT/Westchester/Putnam interested in heading up? I can pick you up on the way
    Im thinkin of hitting Platts as well. Let me know what youre plans are.

Anyone can buy the Platts Card this season. Its $60 and comes with a lift ticket on it. Then you get like $15 off every time you go back.

Any word on how sugarbush was today? Heading up but don't feel like driving tonight so may leave in am. Would be more convinced to drive tonight if tomorrow am will be good. The MRG news doesn't bode particularly well for the bush but who knows

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary

[pee tricks started it] cubed

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    They claim they are gonna open blockbuster tomm, thats according to their facebook page. With the fresh it should be a good day. I might head there or windham on sat, I have to go to work tomm or id be there.
    no idea what the blockbuster is, does it matter? should i care? probably not.
    no idea what ill be wearing but the pants will be a cream and ill likely have a pack and pink thing either round my neck or on my head.

IF snowboard
    THEN stickers galore
    IF skis
    THEN coombas/flexons
    IF seen
    ASK for change
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Yeah, I'd prefer to hit Magic and just use my pass
    Same here

but I haven't had a pow day this season so I'll just be watching the weather.
    Last Monday & Tues were pretty awesome & deep @ Magic, but the rocks underneath left me with 3 core shots on my Watea's, including 1 really nasty one underfoot right on the edge. Here's to hoping that the base welds hold....

Making the call on Magic vs P-kill tomorrow evening based on projected snowfall. In either case, I'll be bringing a pair of rock skis.

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    Im thinkin of hitting Platts as well. Let me know what youre plans are.
    Werd. I'll post up & send off some PM's tomorrow once the forecast develops a litte more.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Jay is now saying the 7 day total is 13" too...
    For something slightly less subject to commercial interpretation, try:
    http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/mountain/point/JAY.txt
    and
    http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/validPr...=HYD&node=KBTV

You know we need snow when you guys spend all day talking about how much snow Jay did or didn't get!

Let it snow! That is all.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Same here

Making the call on Magic vs P-kill tomorrow evening based on projected snowfall. In either case, I'll be bringing a pair of rock skis.
    Look around tonight- or early tomorrow morning. I really want to see tonights model runs. Right now the axis of heavy snow is split by the models roughly 1/2 funnel the primary mosisture into the catskills while the later 18z runs move it more n/e towards s/vt and then the adk. I think we'll see this discrepency resolve into a stronger consensus within the next 12 hours.

Really I can't lean one way or another because banding is so damn fickle anyway!.

Is it worth going to MRG this weekend driving from boston? Is Josh Fox right a foot of snow by sunday? So many questions!!
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.