JH: Avi injures patroller

Saw this on facebook
    Jackson Hole Mountain Resort: Our thoughts and prayers are with 20 year veteran patroller Mark Wolling who was caught during avalanche hazard reduction prior to the resort opening today. We await updates on his condition.

I hope hes alright.

Any JH mags know more details?
    Live

He needs lots of positive vibes. he is hanging on. Mark is best known as "Big Wally". He is a true JH legend. He hosted Goatstock for Jimmy Zell this past fall.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

2 threads on it currently. Started in the ofishal jackson thread, and also [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181010"]here.[/ame]

wally would sure appreciate the good thoughts, he can use all he can get right now.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

woops, should have checked the slide zone
    o well

sure hope he makes it through
    Live

prays and thoughts go out to 'Big Wally'.

Be safe JH maggots...there has been a lot of recent activity with all of the new snow in Jackson.

vibes.....
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

vibes your way big wally....
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    He needs lots of positive vibes. he is hanging on. Mark is best known as "Big Wally". He is a true JH legend. He hosted Goatstock for Jimmy Zell this past fall.
    I did not know who this was, until you said Big Wally.

Fuck, that sucks. What an awesome and kind himan being.
    He does not deserve this.
    Vibes, prayers and healing thoughts sent.

shit.
    what a fucked up snowpack.
    . . .

Keep hoping for the best. Hope is powerful stuff.

vibes to the hole family

++++Vibes++++ Big Wally...Hoping for the best!
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Hang in there Wally!

Wally, one thing I'm sure of is that your a better man than I. Hang tough brotha.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Poor guy... Hope he pulls through alright.

This and the local snowpack we've had in WA has really pushed me to be more careful on the slopes. It's been crazy out there! Have fun and be safe

Tough stuff 'Troller. All the best to you and your crew.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

BIG WALLY HEAL UP FAST>>>>>>MAJOR PROPS TP THESE GUYS WHO PUT THIER LIVES ON THE LINES EARLY IN THE AM SO WE CAN ENJOY THE MOUNTAINS....
    +++++++++++MAJOR VIBES TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS++++++++++++++++++++++++
    always forward but never straight

Picture of the slide. [credit jim springer, btnf avi crew/JHN&G]

Sounds like it might be up to another day before they will know much. Care page said his right side got pretty beat up, but nothing broken they can find. Whether you're a prayin/vibesin/toastin kinda mag, he can use all the positivity there is right now...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

You know what? The guy's partner deserves major props for digging him out from under 6 feet of snow and starting in to revive him. Awesome partner, heroic even.

And I'm hoping for the best for Big Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    You know what? The guy's partner deserves major props for digging him out from under 6 feet of snow and starting in to revive him. Awesome partner, heroic even.

And I'm hoping for the best for Big Wally.
    Indeed. Sounds like they've built redundancy into the patrol, each team is almost always in sight/contact with another, so there were three there on scene asap. And i was thinking about the props for the med team at the clinic. It's intense enough trying to make a save on any slide victim, let alone one you know and work with daily...

I always thought the JH patrol was a really well run, professional unit. That they could get a mtn as big as JH open on time nearly every day is impressive (this was the biggest snow yr ever as well) in my book.

I now live with the Mammoth patrol who are good dudes, but not nearly as well organized, understaffed, and not as experienced given the turnover that happens there constantly. For some reason they can take foreeeever to open stuff in the mornings. I'm all for them leaving it safely, but I guarantee its not as well organized or run as JH.

Good luck dude! We are all thinking about ya!
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    I always thought the JH patrol was a really well run, professional unit. That they could get a mtn as big as JH open on time nearly every day is impressive (this was the biggest snow yr ever as well) in my book.

Good luck dude! We are all thinking about ya!
    What he said. I haven't lived there in about 10 years, but I still visit a lot and I recognize the pics of Big Wally. SOunds like a really good guy, and I wish him the best. And props to his coworkers who recovered a guy six feet deep in 10 minutes. Another reminder to practice.