Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

You guys want them back? Full Metal 916's

So we all know about the maggots undying love for full metal clamps. Especially ones that were made a decade ago. As we all know the all metal Salomon 916's of yore are nearly impossible to get anymore and production of them as all but completely ceased. So I'm asking right here and right now, do you want the Solly all metal 916 back? Salomon will produce them, they just need to know in a clear distinct way that there is a community like this one that wants, desires and drools over a heavy, indestructible clamp. So voice your opinion here and make this happen.

BSS Guest
    Can I speak for the collective here?

YES!

Before the announcement of the original Pivot heel returning, I would respond yes in a heartbeat. Now, meh. Solly's take too much toe adjustment than I have patience for, but having these back in circulation is a good thing.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Does Yogi poop in the woods?

Yes Yes and.......Yes.

oh yeah!
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

abso-frickin'-lutely!

You can still get the 916 it just says Atomic on them now.

Personally I have no love for the pivot heel. So I would love to see all metal bindings make a compback in more than one flavor. So "yes". But can we avoid the $500 price tag that is going with the Rossi/looks?
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

YES YES YES

Quote Originally Posted by 02sedona View Post
    You can still get the 916 it just says Atomic on them now.
    NOT metal toe (if you are referring to FFGs).

YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Personally I have no love for the pivot heel. So I would love to see all metal bindings make a compback in more than one flavor. So "yes". But can we avoid the $500 price tag that is going with the Rossi/looks?
    Agreed, I would purchase some if the price wasn't more than my skis. Not that my skinny ass has blown up any of the sth I own.

yes please
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

hell yes they should make 'em!

We have 4 pairs of 916s at our house, would be awesome if they started making 'em again

I have only been on Salomon's for 20 years now, so I know about the love of the classic 916s (have 1 pair left). That said I have moved on with newer models and have not had issues.......have other people?

I am 210, 6'4", and basically jump anytime I am skiing.....I am good at breaking stuff and have not had issues. I guess if I was a freeskiing competitor I could see it.....but just havent needed anything burlier.
    Donjoy to the World!

Only the dual adjust toe wing, worm-gear adjust full size heel, need apply. Anything else is a piece of shit, by comparison.

Tell them to bring the DR9 RACE (11-17) back while they are at it. Best binding system ever. (if you haven't skied it, you won't understand)
    Crippled but free, I was blind all the time, I was learning to 'ski'.

The best backcountry advice ever given on the TGR forums:

Quote Originally Posted by skibee View Post
    Tits are a good thing, if making a good decision so you can live to see tits again is all that motivates you then so be it!!!

YES!
    Currently in hoarding mode.

Yes. There is no other.

Quote Originally Posted by trainnvain View Post
    NOT metal toe (if you are referring to FFGs).
    The team guys get the metal toe Atomic 916s. I have a pair.

I was pretty disheartened when I heard that they were going to drop so many bindings from the indemnified list. But i've always been a Salomon binding guy, and i'll always be a Salomon binding guy.

I've got room for a seventh pair of 916s in my house.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    The team guys get the metal toe Atomic 916s. I have a pair.

I was pretty disheartened when I heard that they were going to drop so many bindings from the indemnified list. But i've always been a Salomon binding guy, and i'll always be a Salomon binding guy.

I've got room for a seventh pair of 916s in my house.
    Those are purdy.
    What, team guys aren't on 1018s?

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Slight threadjack: have you seen the 2009-10 indemnified list? (can you point me to it?) Has the 997 fallen off the list? Those are the ones I like the most, out of the old Solly bindings. (916s and 920s are too burly for my needs and my knees.)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Slight threadjack: have you seen the 2009-10 indemnified list? (can you point me to it?) Has the 997 fallen off the list? Those are the ones I like the most, out of the old Solly bindings. (916s and 920s are too burly for my needs and my knees.)
    Never mind - searched and found.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...t=82360&page=9

Apparently 997s and 977s are still OK.

As long as it is not stupidly priced like the Look. If you can have MAP in the 250-275 range you should have a winner. Hell, I would be happy with a 6-14 range metal binding like the old 977's.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Yes, but get rid of the plastic STH 16 if they do come back. I wouldn't think there's a market for both models, especially if the metal ones are significantly more pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    As long as it is not stupidly priced like the Look. If you can have MAP in the 250-275 range you should have a winner. Hell, I would be happy with a 6-14 range metal binding like the old 977's.
    WORD!!! Don't need the extra 2 din, as I set mine at like 11, but I do appreciate the all metal bomberness. And in that price range would be ideal, and we can hope. But unlikely considering that the new sth which are cheaper literally and figuratively are going for like 319. What would be even cooler is if they remade S900 916s, without the spheric toe, because those bindings killed it .

But to answer your question, YES there is still a market and interest for an all metal indestructible salomon binding.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"