Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What is the proper punishment for someone caught stealing skis?

Should I rip his scrotum off and stuff it down his throat or simply just hang the coward's body off a noose on one of the light posts down the town's main street?

I'm having a hard time deciding what to do when I catchup with that slimy weasel....
    "I'm looking pretty good, don't you think?" - the other says "watching you ski is like watching a retarded monkey rollerblade on a gravel road"

www.majesticheliski.com

bending over and taking them completely up the ass
    living well is the best revenge.

"He said he was at costco serving ass kickings up in bulk"

"Tequila is the most jealous of all the liquors. If you are going to partake in alcohol beverages and you're going to start with tequila, stay with tequila, don't mix that." ~ some bum

Ripping his nuts off is what comes to mind.
    "She loved snow...That was the simple objective, being airborne, up longer, higher, more casually and with more fuckoff elegance than anyone else...Such endeavours require a kind of egotism, a near autistic narrowness. Everything conspires against you, the habits of physics, the impulse to flee and you're weighted down by every dollop of commonsense ever dished up. Everyone will tell you your goal is impossible, pointless, stupid, wasteful. This idiot resolve is all you have."
    -Tim Winton

I'm a fan of the removal of said thief's hands with a machete in a public place.

right at the lights, straight on till night
    Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    thats the pat answer for everything in san fran
    when everything in the world is at its darkest, it takes a big man to kick back and party.

Frontier justice has its place in society.

Weigh the potential cost to yourself before severing limbs.

Sorry about your loss.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by AsheanMT View Post
    I'm a fan of the removal of said thief's hands with a machete in a public place.
    I prefer the Machete FB for symbolism.

Condolences.
    not counting days 2016-17

I was staring at my new Mantras today through the bar window after skiing , having a beer wondering this exact same scenario. What would i do if I saw some fucker stealing my skis?

A kick in the nuts with a ski boot sounds like a good punishment.

I was involved in one similar situation wherein an associate of mine and myself were slamming beers on the deck of an unnamed EC resort when johnny baggy pants and friend (both with snowboard boots on) walked up to the rack and lifted my associate's skis.

This particular EC resort's parking lot is a long terraced slope that leads up to one of the main base lodges. The fleeing suspects had the skis leaned up against their car and had no idea that we followed them out to the lot. My buddy and I approached the car, which was parked facing the next lower terrace. One of the dipshits kind of saw what was coming and blurted out some type of non-english words of hostility as my associate sent him off the 8-10 foot enbankment to land all crumpled up near the hood of a minivan.

The other suspect simply put his hands up in a "I don't even know this kid that well." kind of posture and was left unharmed. The other kid was doing a bit of groaning.

That was an on the fly kind of solution to ski theft. If you do catch the guy and you want to bring him to Sunday River, I'll throw him down a hill in the parking lot into a minivan. It seems appropriate to me, then we'll drink some beers on the deck after.

Warm regards,
    -ec
    Time again for slaughter of pow, bumps, and EC ice.
    Days on snow = 0
    Days in powder = 0
    Days in hospital = 0

I've known your pain

I'm not surprised it does not happen more often given the price of equipment and how little most skiers do to secure their gear.

I hope you took the time to report the loss to the ski area management. Every Seven-eleven has security cameras aimed where their money is, with the price of todays lift ticket or pass one might hope that a caring area would have working recording cameras aimed at their customers ski racks. They have no issue taking your cash when you order $10.00 burger it would seem they might just have a vested interest in assisting you in protecting your gear.
    Allowing you to have more time to eat,spend your cash, or just take a dump.

While it may seem hopeless, report the crime to your local State authorities, unless you've already caught and castrated the guilty. If there are enough thefts are reported some enforcement agencies conduct undercover and uniformed patrols of areas. Be not afraid to write the agency and the district attorney and the resort.

Be proactive in securing your gear.

Mistakes do and will happen just this weekend several resort employees I work with made significant contributions to our hydration stock as they skied off on another employees gear.

I feel ya dude, my skis were stolen yesterday at Loveland.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

That is why I take all my breaks in my van, longer walk but might save me a chunk of money I can't afford.

your animal instinct will kick in ... the beat down will come to you naturally ... just let your hate flow. I would suggest initiating the brawl with a sucker punch to the side of his head. you should probably bring a friend ... to pull you off when his body goes limp. manslaughter is a bitch, and its hard to ski in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Damn it, that fucking sucks. With this shit going on and not having the cash to readily replace gear, I guess I will be splitting up my skis this season. Thiefs suck. Small bolt cutters to the thumbs works. Getting them put back on would make a shit head think twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    your animal instinct will kick in ... the beat down will come to you naturally ... just let your hate flow. I would suggest initiating the brawl with a sucker punch to the side of his head. you should probably bring a friend ... to pull you off when his body goes limp. manslaughter is a bitch, and its hard to ski in jail.
    I always liked the idea of breaking the back then moving them around to make sure you fully sever it. Or maybe going for both achilles with a knife.

Make them read Chaos_69's posts.

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    how about you bending over and me sticking it in your ass. If of course, you are as hot as you look like in your avatar.
    "Slid into the cave where Rocky was waiting with the bong and the snowlerblades"

BSS Guest
    Mayhem only carries a minimum 24 month prison sentence in Nevada, not so sure about other states. As long as there's no intent to kill, a couple years really isn't that bad, considering. The instrument or manner of inflicting injury is also immaterial, so you could actually get pretty creative with all that.

Presonally though I think you should force him to sing Been Caught Stealing while wearing a hot pink banana hammock and post it on youtube for the world to see.

And then pound his face in.
    Last edited by BSS; 11-30-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I guess I will be splitting up my skis this season.
    A buddy once had a pair of split up skis (like, 30cm different in length) stolen at another terraced parking lot eastern resort.

I'd only bother reporting such a thing if I was planning on filing an insurance claim, but I'm a pragmatist. I once had a cop call me in the shop and ask if I had seen any stolen blue Rossignols. That was all the info he had. Length, serial, age, model? Nope.

Sorry to hear some folks have lost skis to theft. It truly sucks.
    If you're a relatively moral, ethical person, there's no inherent drive to kiss ass and beg for forgiveness and promise to never do it again, which is what mostly goes on in church. -YetiMan

Forgive him.

Quote Originally Posted by karpiel View Post
    That is why I take all my breaks in my van, longer walk but might save me a chunk of money I can't afford.
    I am the same way. My friends always look at my crazy when I say I'm not willing to leave my gear, but it turns out the possibility of being able to spend another $800 probably isn’t going to happen anytime soon.
    I plan on hitting the trees all winter long!

beaten to a pulp with a rusty 9 speed mtb chain!
    Feeling anxious, a little paranoid.

break their snowboard?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Serious badness. Were they anything that might be recognizable to the community at large?

bamboo under the fingernails, slice the Achilles, and then brand thief on there forehead.
    Losers whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.