Bro 183 vs Gots 183

Anyone skied both of these? Any thoughts? I am currently on 179 Stiff Bro's from two season ago and I really enjoy them. My only issue is that the camber on that run was a little much and when I get them in the pow the tips tend to dive a bit. Is the camber issue taken care of on the new 183's? I would also like to know if they are pretty simalar in terms of flex and wieght? These would be my everyday ski. I would definitly like to support Splat and co but I want to make sure I am getting the best ski for my money. Thanks for any insight.

the new 183 bros are SUPER nice skis. they look like they were made in one of the nicest ski plants in the world (which they were... ak skis in switzerland), not pressed together in a basement like the 1st gen bros that you currently have (not that there is anything wrong with that... still ski great).

but i can say the new 183 bros are seriously sick, well made skis. and they are doing the $100 off coupon in the main forum. take them up and support some rad folks. you will absolutley NOT be disapointed when you open the box.

In the past, I have been a Volkl guy; however, BROs have won me over. I have 188 stiffs and 179 Brohemouths. Both do what they are supposed to do, 188 (charge) Fats (float), really well. I am having a slight problem with the 188s delaming on the sidewall near the bindings, but this is not stopping me from considering another pair of 188s (for touring), and 174s for the wife.

Also, the graphics on the 192s are among my favorite
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I think that they are very different skis in terms of flex, and weight. The Bros have a stiffer more even flex and are lighter. If you are liking the 179 Bros, there is a fairly high chance you will not like the Gotoma. I tried the 190 and found it to be fairly easy but slow and lifeless.

It is hard to like a new ski after getting Bros
    Last edited by jrosendahl; 01-11-2008 at 09:08 AM.
    It was all a whirlwind; freeze and flash.
    Within a week we had grabbed our skis and hit the road.

(nothing... a little powder, a little blood.)

Thank you guys for the help. Two quick questions. Do the 183's have less camber than the runs from two years ago? Also do they come stoned and tuned now? Thanks again!
    Mark

other than maybe hitting the sidewall edge quick, they are ready to ski out of the box.

and they are nearly flat. a little camber. not super-sticks like before.

Haven't ridden my 183s yet (just got them this week), but I would offer they likely have a longer effective running length than the Gots of same stated length and the flex on the Bros is much stiffer as stated by jrose. The construction looks killer and I can vouch for the camber issue of old being well under control as having previously had a set of the canadian-made 188s.

Does anyone know the edge bevels from the factory? I'll hit mine with wax a few times as I usually do with new skis, but that is probably about it.

Ya, so I've never skied on the BRO's so I'm not totally answering your Q. But to stand up for the Gotama camp, I'm rocking an '08 Got this year and I really can't say enough good things about it. It's possible that we're approaching a time when all new fat skis on the market just totally rip, but the Got is certainly not one you should overlook. I've skied in waist deep pow and I've ripped corduroy groomers. The ski has not faltered in any area. It is by far the most fun I've ever had on a ski. Totally all mountain capable. Totally capable of powering the crud.

I really don't think you could go wrong with either ski. Seems like people here really like the Bro too. I thought about those as well, but I never got a chance to demo them. With that said, I have no regrets with the new Got.

Larry01 - Those skis were built by the best ski builders in Europe. You are getting a value that is unmatchable. Everything about them is the perfect Bro, plus Aldo's input - which is off the hook. World cup cores and carbon fiber on a construction so tight we slave to get close to it here in Reno. Plus, Aldo's finishing is tighter than you'll ever see anywhere. There is nothing of comparable value anywhere. Especially with $100 off.

They're that fucking good.

Trigger pulled on the Bro's. Thanks everyone for the insight! Wife is going to murder me but by the sounds of it the Bro's should put out better than her anyway

Quote Originally Posted by LARRY01 View Post
    Trigger pulled on the Bro's. Thanks everyone for the insight! Wife is going to murder me but by the sounds of it the Bro's should put out better than her anyway
    Classic.

You won't be disappointed.

how stiff are the stiffs? any other skis to compare the flex too?

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    how stiff are the stiffs? any other skis to compare the flex too?
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41028
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy