Page 353 of 1642 FirstFirst ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,825 of 41032
    One of the few shows they are having that I wanted to see, but still came home and vegg-ed. Will definitely make it next week for Lez Zeppelin, they rock.

Looking like some nice (albeit breezy) weather in the forecast. Ill be in CO all next week (woohoo!). Hit me up if anyone wants to go for a tour. Ill be doing Lincoln and Bross, Harvard and Columbia, Castle and Conundrum, and hopefully others.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Woke up and was ready to leave for Monarch, but decided to come to work instead as the snow just wasn't deep enough to piss off my boss.

Next bigger storm, it shall be done.
    Good call, there was mm...maybe 5 in the windblown east facing. nice trees but quite a catrack to get to them.

Mirk was pretty baked. Chilling at a $39 per night motel in Silverton watching rerun of game of thrones. Sunny but cold.

Quite the drive, past that crazy frozen lake with the amazing mesas at the southern end.

Will report in tomorrow

waxing the monoski for the weekend...

then heading north next week
    o--/\
    --/(. \
    -/ .) ' \ go with respect, get to know your mountains
    /' (. ' |'\
    ' ' .) ' ,'

Quite the drive, past that crazy frozen lake with the amazing mesas at the southern end.
    Ridgeway?
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

Off to Fruita/GJ for some biking. Those of you getting into the alpine, be safe! This is our first major warmup, so our weak snowpack isn't really repaired yet, its just starting.

pdt1374 is offline get ur fuckin shine box!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Despite the warm temps, conditions up high at Breck are still holding up quite well. I was pleasantly surprised today.
    nobody cares about breckenridge the mountain, how has cecilias fared with the spring break crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by pdt1374 View Post
    nobody cares about breckenridge the mountain, how has cecilias fared with the spring break crowd?
    JONG; check.
    Philly; check.

'nuff said.
    Old's Cool.

^ srsly

_______

Conditions in Boulder were prime for watching hot ass today. 100% chance of that again tomorrow.

Lolz. +1

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Philly; check.

'nuff said.

Put the sunscreen on in CO. If you want snow, head to OR/WA/ID this week, Tahoe on Thu, Fri, Sat. Maybe "something" for Colorado over the weekend into early next week, but it looks like a cut-off low that'll go south of us. Again.
    The artist formerly known as Colorado Powder Forecast: http://www.opensnow.com

skied the beav today. dont remember ever seeing it this bad the first week of march.... bare spots everywhere. windfucked on the ridges. boilerplate.

vail yesterday was fun. good spring skiing.

sat down at the base drinking. pepis face was a shitshow. I know it's usually a shitshow, but yesterday afternoon especially. hell I even ate shit and fucked myself up coming down. total sheet of ice

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post

vail yesterday was fun. good spring skiing.
    Think it will last until the close mid-April?
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Most of us are trying to have fun, not be Luke Skywalker and blow up the fucking death star, save the galaxy, and be the coolest Jedi at the next movie premier.

Quote Originally Posted by givethepigeye View Post
    Think it will last until the close mid-April?
    I'm sure the man made snow will last that long

I am still predicting the last two weeks of the season at Flail to be all time epic...as in we will all be saying "I can't believe they are closing!".

I have no evidence or facts to back this up, other than my hopes and dreams .
    You should have been here yesterday!

^that is how it seems to work last couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Most of us are trying to have fun, not be Luke Skywalker and blow up the fucking death star, save the galaxy, and be the coolest Jedi at the next movie premier.

Awesome day up in RMNP on Saturday. Left Bear Lake TH at 545 and reached top of Dragon's Tail at 745. Dropped at 8am with the top half being the most icy, sketchball skiing I've done. Challenging, but incredibly fun. After the crux, snow was super creamy and smooth. Booted up Dead Elk towards the crux and descended around 915 as the snow was getting dangerously soft. Experienced some activity on the climb up. Snow on the down at that point was primo.

If the weather for the week holds much of the same, plan on making your way downhill no later than 9am if skiing early morning solar aspects.

Beaver Creek on Sunday was fun. Aspects that are E-S are the best corn conditions as expected and also taking a beating from the exposure also as expected. Higher up and other aspects are still quite firm and not really softening up at all.

5 weekends left of resort skiing in Eagle County. Maybe we'll get some snow but if not, it might as well be sunny and 50.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

After the debacle at Vail two weeks ago when they reported 12" and later lowered it to 2", I got to see firsthand how they actually come up with the numbers. Here's the story, in all its possible detail:
    http://opensnow.com/blog/2012/03/how...nd-the-scenes/

JOEL
    The artist formerly known as Colorado Powder Forecast: http://www.opensnow.com

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    I am still predicting the last two weeks of the season at Flail to be all time epic...as in we will all be saying "I can't believe they are closing!".

I have no evidence or facts to back this up, other than my hopes and dreams .
    +1 I can feel it in my bones.

(But cut off lows been velly velly good to us southerners!)

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    Awesome day up in RMNP on Saturday. Left Bear Lake TH at 545 and reached top of Dragon's Tail at 745. Dropped at 8am with the top half being the most icy, sketchball skiing I've done. Challenging, but incredibly fun. After the crux, snow was super creamy and smooth. Booted up Dead Elk towards the crux and descended around 915 as the snow was getting dangerously soft. Experienced some activity on the climb up. Snow on the down at that point was primo.

If the weather for the week holds much of the same, plan on making your way downhill no later than 9am if skiing early morning solar aspects.
    10 AM with the time change.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    pepis face was a shitshow. I know it's usually a shitshow, but yesterday afternoon especially. hell I even ate shit and fucked myself up coming down. total sheet of ice
    Yeah, caught your upload a few years back... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyJjG_-6NWg

Proper Pepi's procedure is a straight-line to joyous pop off the sluff build culminating in a prodigious double-fisted h-stop spray at the racks. Koala-fur enshrined cougar's gracing the benches get aqueous over it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    +1 I can feel it in my bones.

(But cut off lows been velly velly good to us southerners!)
    Yes, and if cut off lows continue I will be driving south myself
    You should have been here yesterday!

i'm going to be around purgatory saturday, silverton sunday.

let the storm come early and not cut off.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...