Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ten Reasons Why Skiing Is Better Than Snowboarding

http://expn.go.com/expn/gallery/gallery?id=3723782.

Post whore, yes. I'll just say it now so the douchebag who was going to say it doesn't have to.

you the same dude who blogs for expn on sking? self-promoting whore.

Who cares as long as you are out there doing it. Maybe it's just me, but I think that rivalry is dead.

i dont think its meant to be taken seriously dooder.....permanent beer goggles means you crush ugly bitches all the time? that sucks.

With its cool clothes, big stars and striking resemblance to skateboarding, snowboarding has almost fully replaced skiing as the preferred way for winter-minded teenagers to fit in. Being unique, however, often results in increased coolness. Therefore, by not being as cool as snowboarding, skiing is actually way cooler
    That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read. They didn't even mention the only real advantage of skiing- snowboards only go downhill. It's kinda amusing that the only people who think such a rivalry still exists are douchebags from cities far from mountains, and mainstream media outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFat View Post
    i dont think its meant to be taken seriously dooder.....permanent beer goggles means you crush ugly bitches all the time? that sucks.
    Ugly bitches are all I can get, beer goggles or not <shrug>

It sure didn't read like it was sarcastic.

ITS A FUCKING JOKE FLUFF PIECE YOU UBER SENSITIVE KEEEE-UNT.....go get yer self a chai latte and take the butt plug out yer poop chute.

Quote Originally Posted by powski3 View Post
    That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read. They didn't even mention the only real advantage of skiing- snowboards only go downhill. It's kinda amusing that the only people who think such a rivalry still exists are douchebags from cities far from mountains, and mainstream media outlets.
    I was laughing more at the "snowboarding is cooler for angsty teenagers, hence skiing is cooler by being anti-cool" comment. While that may have been true 10 years ago, I think its safe to say skiing has just as many, if not more of that crowd at this point.

I will agree on the better movies comment though.

There was about 1.5 good points and about 20 million stupid idiot bullshit points.

true: waiting for snowboarders to strap in and sagg there pants was funny and rings a little true

the idiotic points (mentioned not once but twice) about snowboarders being stuck in-bounds is such stupid fucking poorly researched bullshit.

i'd never touch a snowboard, but stupid is as stupid does. this article is rife with idiocy.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

you should've checked your facts about the origin of snowboarding...
    http://jeremyjones.net/2008/09/the-o...ng-discovered/

oh, and the whole article is just grasping at straws.

where were you 10 years ago? This is a topic only discussed among posers in the chalet as you watch others score first and last tracks.

FAIL
    Last edited by cmcrawfo; 11-26-2008 at 10:54 AM.

yeah it didnt read like it at all but i cant take anything like that seriously......fucking paris hilton though....good god i want to spear that bitch.....cock first...then pole through her sternum after im done.

Quote Originally Posted by powski3 View Post
    I am a douchebag. You got me there. When you said that the only real advantage of skiing is that "snowboards can only go downhill," I thought to myself, "this guy must ski at Alta." But no, you're from Portland, a city that is about twice as "far from mountains" as Salt Lake City, which is where I'm from.

To further use your own parlance, "it's kinda amusing" that some of the people on the TGR forums (I'm talking about you now) are "douchebags" who have bong-ripped away any capacity to appreciate irony that they might have previously had.
    Last edited by simmers; 11-26-2008 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    you should've checked your facts about the origin of snowboarding...
    http://jeremyjones.net/2008/09/the-o...ng-discovered/

oh, and the whole article is just grasping at straws.
    Jeremy jones is the man....dude slays......and a fairly decent blogger....definitely dug on that piece about his time in spent in that tiny (turkish???) village....those villagers looked like they could do some work on those wooden snurfers.

Quote Originally Posted by simmers View Post
    I am a douchebag. You got me there. When you said that the only real advantage of skiing is that "snowboards can only go downhill," I thought to myself, "this guy must ski at Alta." But no, you're from Portland, a city that is about twice as "far from mountains" as Salt Lake City, which is where I'm from.

To further use your own parlance, "it's kinda amusing" that most of the people on the TGR forums (I'm talking about you now) are "douchebags" who have bong-ripped away any capacity to appreciate irony that they might have previously had.
    see?? told you dude was kidding....calm yourselves people.

and those people were douchebags way before they got a hold of the bong.....most likely come from a long line of stupendous douchbaggery....your habits should have little effect on your abilities to appreciatte irony......gene pool is murky here.
    Last edited by TurboFat; 11-26-2008 at 11:02 AM.

This rocks...looks more fun than the tall-t Jelly-bean crowd.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

The article holds no weight and heres my argument.

If you trying to trump skiing, dont show a picture of people doing ski shots when the chick on the far left has a muffin top.
    Live Free or Die

symms' blog is great. i enjoy his snarky writing style a lot.

also, it isn't only lodge rats that bitch about snowboarding vs skiing. there was a Q&A with danny kass a little while back where he bashed the shit out of skiiers for biting snowboarders style and the such. granted, not a lot of people put much stock in the issue anymore (myself included, having grown up in the midwest riding with mostly boarders), but it is still pretty widespread outside of the skiing interweb world.

keep up the good work symms.

danny kass....typical jersey trash(i'm born and bred in jerz).....Symms you're a good writer and you can rip from the few clips I have seen......dont mind the mildly retarded individuals that frequent here....very sensitive bunch and couldnt sense irony if it danza slapped em in the forehead.

Christ you guys are idiots. It's a joke. ha ha. he he.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFat View Post
    danny kass....typical jersey trash(i'm born and bred in jerz).....Symms you're a good writer and you can rip from the few clips I have seen......dont mind the mildly retarded individuals that frequent here....very sensitive bunch and couldnt sense irony if it danza slapped em in the forehead.
    Either your mouth or your hand is on his cock. I thought it was somewhat funny, but still dumb. So what. You keep defending it like I'm supposed to like it. I'm sure some people thought it was a good read, but you must be the uber sensitive one as you keep defending it to no extent.

That's cool that you are swing from his nut sack, but don't get so bent out of shape when you post an article on a forum and some people chime with smart ass comments.

If you just want people to say "oh shit your are so funny and witty and your writing flows so well" maybe you should have taken it to your mom.

I'm not the one that needs to take the butt plug out of my ass. It was just a fucking opinion on a public forum dude. Relax.

Thumbs down

I now feel dumber after reading that. Completely pointless
    Snow Flake Killer

LOL who gives a fuck you stupid sandy vag idiots? I ski and board. I love both.

I will say something though, nothing glides through untracked powder like a snowboard. Period. It's too bad snowboards are stuck in-bounds.

"You'd have to have a heart of stone to not crack a smile while bobbing your head and wiggling your hips that much."
    That was the most statement ever said...in the world.
    Last edited by Mustafa; 11-26-2008 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkledpants View Post
    Either your mouth or your hand is on his cock. I thought it was somewhat funny, but still dumb. So what. You keep defending it like I'm supposed to like it. I'm sure some people thought it was a good read, but you must be the uber sensitive one as you keep defending it to no extent.

That's cool that you are swing from his nut sack, but don't get so bent out of shape when you post an article on a forum and some people chime with smart ass comments.

If you just want people to say "oh shit your are so funny and witty and your writing flows so well" maybe you should have taken it to your mom.

I'm not the one that needs to take the butt plug out of my ass. It was just a fucking opinion on a public forum dude. Relax.

jesus dude i struck a cord there huh? I wasnt really being serious about you having a butt plug....I hope you dont....the idea of something being plugged there seems wildly uncomfortable.....apologies if I hurt your feelings and really wasnt dick riding the dude but can see how you think that...seems like a nice enough guy so if what you're really upset about is the fact that I was taking up all his time and you want a turn on the dick ride, im sure if you PM him(and if you dont have that plug snuggly inserted in your arse at the time)I think he may let you have a go at it...I was massaging his ego/mound a bit i guess so i could see how think i have aman crush on him....but thats just me being the nice guy i am during the holidays.....I just think his writing is fucking swell woahdie! Dude helps pass time during a lame 10 hour work day as does responding to little cock chuggers as your self....happy thanksgiving homie and absolutely no hard feelings.

I understand that it's a joke, but that doesn't mean it's a good one or that it needed to be made. It's a joke that has been beaten into the ground over and over again only to be resurrected and beaten again. Let's move on.

Oh yeah and TurboFat, IRONY does not equal SARCASM. This piece was an example of sarcasm, not irony. Invest in a quality dictionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?