Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bountiful bomber

So I decided to do the Boutiful bomber race this past weekend. What a fun time. many mags out racing and killing it. We had Josh p who charged even after many crashes and kept on going(well done) and then of corse we had the AG's who bolth killed it and took metals. Then we had shortyadam who charged with a tire losing air his entire run. Also particle who kept me under the gun, but still beat my time bolth runs. Lets see, I know that yentna did well as far as I can remember and i am sure there is someone I am leaving out. Anyway, supper fun time and no one in our group got hurt to bad. Here are a few pics from the day. I know some of you other guys got some pictures , so post em up. Sorry josh p I didn't get any pics of you, but I am sure someone else did.
    particle

me

MR AG

Altagirl

Yentna

Holly crap Altagirl and Yentna look like twin sisters.

I was there.
    Representing in my Green Maggot Jersey.

I only got one run in though 'cause I lost my rear brake.
    Had a great time with some great people!
    -James

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It doesn't behave well until it's going mach retarded.

Is it just the camera angle or was AG's line really that rowdy?

Thanks for the pics Steve! Those are great! (And helpful to see. I'm right on the line I wanted, but why the &#&#$ can't I get my damn knees off my frame?)

More on: http://www.zazoosh.com/events/viewPhotos/144/

It was awesome racing with so many friends.

I was going to say you forgot Tigerstripe. And Liana, but I don't think she's technically a maggot.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    Is it just the camera angle or was AG's line really that rowdy?
    This is the side view - it's not that bad at all. It's definitely the line you want though as it sets you up way better for the next turn (either that or I'm just really bad at holding the next turn... )

Last edited by altagirl; 06-02-2008 at 02:39 PM.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    Altagirl

Yentna

Holly crap Altagirl and Yentna look like twin sisters.
    That's what the numbers are for...
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    That's what the numbers are for...
    Hehe. Oh come on. I have the 2008 Launch armor jacket which has red on it. And we're on different bike frames... We look TOTALLY different.

Quote Originally Posted by altagirl View Post
    Hehe. Oh come on. I have the 2008 Launch armor jacket which has red on it. And we're on different bike frames... We look TOTALLY different.
    Yeah, well do you expect guys (esp this crowd) to look at anything other than boobs and butts? (Have you been to the padded room recently?)
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by tigerstripe40 View Post
    I was there.
    Representing in my Green Maggot Jersey.
    !
    Haha I figured that Jersey must have been from here but I wasn't sure.
    Anyway that was a super fun race with a great turn out. Really good to see so many stocked people. The finish line was awesome too I though! Got my 2 runs without crashing even once. That felt pretty good

Little by little I'll start identifying you all. In the mean time I am the guy with a red Cuervo

Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    Then we had shortyadam who charged with a tire losing air his entire run.
    Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that one. I was pumping up my tire as they were rattling off names to start (I started second). When I checked my air pressure after my first race run it was at 6psi but damn it stuck like glue on the last few corners. My goal was to have a sub 6-minute race run, and I finished the first one in 5:59.90 according to the sheet posted at the day's end.

Big thanks to everyone who helped my slow ass with line selection and all my bike tuning problems. I'm super stoked for the next race. Maybe I'll have my Blindside done and can actually race a DH bike

One day I hope to only be a minute or so slower than this guy...

"What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Adam Riser Photography

Shit Craig, I just bought that jersey, Not really.To bad I was black listed and had to leave UT. looks like fun. Nice pics.
    Don't make me come get you....

Quote Originally Posted by Mani_UT View Post
    In the mean time I am the guy with a red Cuervo
    I think what you meant to say was "I'm that red streak that just passed you."
    "What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Adam Riser Photography

Thanks for posting some photos Steve. Looks great...that big lens definitely helped

Great time riding with everyone, as always. It was just timed this time. Racing is such a different animal than just shredding for fun, it's cool to look at the trail with such a different perspective. Racing is kewl.

p.s. I got a few decent pics, including some of JoshP. Will post those up later.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Haha I figured that Jersey must have been from here but I wasn't sure.
    Anyway that was a super fun race with a great turn out. Really good to see so many stocked people. The finish line was awesome too I though! Got my 2 runs without crashing even once. That felt pretty good
    Yup.
    You can see Maggot on my jersey.

-James

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It doesn't behave well until it's going mach retarded.

haha yeah I saw written "Maggot" and figured this can only be from one place!
    Anyone got some more cool pics to share? Anything with a number 11 either (other than rolling the double )

Anyone got some more cool pics to share? Anything with a number 11 either (other than rolling the double )
    What class did you race? I took a bunch of pics of random riders while I was waiting for JoshP's first run. If you were before the beginner men, I may have got ya. I'll check when I get home tonight.

I got more pics of a bunch of you guys. I'll post them if any of them look good.
    It's like I died and went to heaven, but then it turned out it wasn't my time, and they sent me to a brewery.

I'm assuming you saw this one?

Quote Originally Posted by altagirl View Post
    I'm assuming you saw this one?
    I did I was just looking to see if they were some better one like in a corner or something! (I knw I know I am a photoslut)

Quote Originally Posted by tradygirl View Post
    If you were before the beginner men, .
    I was racing semi so I went after but if you have any other cool pics we'll look at these too. I just love viewing the after event pictures.. I makes the weekend last a little longer between some minutes of work

It's a shame there is none of that lucious otter helmetcam for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...I would have dove into that bush like Jon McMurray.

Anyone know what the mileage was for that course?
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

So last night Particle and I hit up bruce for some photos. On the way up there were some rednecks shooting guns off the road. So while in the gully with the hips we were setting up to shoot and (what the hell, gun fire!!! No they couldn't be shooting in our direction) Yep!!! Josh and I yelled to tell them there were riders on the trail, but they didn't stop. A few shots later I hear a zing a flew feet above my head. So We felt like we were in a war zone. I put my full face back on, not that it would help much but made me feel better, and hunched down and scrambled back to the car. Drove down to were they were parked and told them to knock that shit off and that you can't shoot right off the road. So besides common logic(not shooting towards the other roads), what is the forest service rules on shooting guns up on that hill???

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    Is it just the camera angle or is AG really that rowdy?
    Fixed it for ya.

And yes, she's really that rowdy
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by powstash View Post
    Fixed it for ya.

And yes, she's really that rowdy

I know she is, just wanted to know if the pic was playing trix mang.

Otter bringing the heat

This guy is fast. Naish Ullmer flying:

Dogs love bike races

Mr. AG

Otter getting a well deserved medal, 3rd place in his first race

Mr. AG gets some hardware

Yentna and AG on the podium

Jebus, that was great weekend.
    Keep it unclipped