Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

A mag and his Fishsniffin Pooch Road Trip to Pursue the Fishes With E-nonomoose Mags

Tryin a skier666 fine tr format on this one
    The tr theme

Soundtrack

The playa's
    LB

LMW

IG

Goatjong183

some one I've been stoked to meet for a while and a solid mag Schwerty

Honerary mag and fish stud/guide and Montucky Films producer KS

Irrie rasta fishsniffin road trip copilot Kessler D Doggie Dawg

and the irrie goofball OP SFB behind the lens, oars and huge tailing loop fuckcasts

and spacecereal guest appearence by Billy Aids Virus's daughter Hanna Barberra MTucky

Well it all starts with an e-ideaer and a lets hook up and fish thread. Props to the schwerty brah for gitin er rollin again.
    I wanted so bad to summit last fall but a pos trailer kept me from goin.
    The Mrs. gave us a new sweet galvie trailer from the awesome Hyde Bros and the 8 yo Tupperware Mothership shameless spam for my bro is always down for whatever I throw at her.
    I suck at packing but took a few days and the pooch freakin out cause he knows the river gear comin out means good times ahoy
    loaded

not quite as dialed as this fishbum rig

but he's a brofessional
    Well of course the alpine start got delayed, bros stoopin by, lost key trauma and the dead battery ment I'd be gettin goat183 in Victor to late to fish.
    Ah the road trip miles cruise by as John Butler Trio and Rl bside rock me out
    Stopped in Ft Hall for discount top and fkna a ice cold glass bottle of coke no gamblin though

Passin the miles callin mags I haven't spoke to in a while good to stay in touch
    Stopped in @ hyde to transfer a spare in case it needed to be checked and deal with my new short boat cover issue.
    Stopped here for a few dog shot and break of whiz and safety

I managed to go by Tye1on and goatjongs hood and into Victor, was gonna stop and see Ride It but he's busy postin important poliasshat shit and beatin off to tacos with shania no talent Twains picture on them.
    Grabbed goatbrah met Magic and Deek and headed towards Last Chance and the riverside CG that LB had kindly reserved.
    We got in late and the friendly camp hosts let us slide on the nights $28sumthin double site charge, set camp and observred an awesome moon rise w/ dinner.
    I gots trophy husband skifishbum entrapanurerial shizz to do but gettin the tr started for now
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Day #1
    tbc420
    G183 and I awoke to a drizzly morn headed down to the Trout Hunter then up to Henry's lake.
    As it would be a hell of a lot easier to do a flyfishin primer on still water and if it poured we could just row in for a break.
    Well we rowed over to the outlet and a good 15 other boats and sure enough g183 ties into a nive cutty for his 1st trout on the fly

he was throwin a brown sculpin matukaesqe conehead on an intermidiate sink tip, which proved to be the ticket all 3 trips to the lake.
    I couldn't get the strip set going and the fullsink didn't produce the strikes and I skunked out that trip
    G183 got a nice brookie or two

and of course dork dog got his fish sniff on

Well actually I caught this

appears come onboard processing removed the filets
    So it had rained or drizzled most of the time after we cleaned a couple fish we stoppped by here to warm up and grab some hot chow here

Always down to float somethin new we launched @ Osborne to float into camp
    There was a guideboat ahead of us and was damn sure we were once again be gettin wet as this was behind and comin in fast

Ahead was shapin into a stunning sunset and W kept castin to persnickity selictive bitch ranch fish

The sunset just kept getting better and i'm now spinnin circles trying to figure out the new dslr

and the seemingly endless cool shit

and the complexities of the black and white photo slut athelete fish sniffer

I tied a few on shook hands with one or two, crackered off a couple and kept snappin pics

and well yeah some product placement pimpin shots

and geese and....

Next thing we know the other boats gone it's gettin dark and rainin again
    g183 gave me a break or two and I even got to call the wife goin past the most eggsalad rich folks home.
    The water got faster and we started diggin for flashlights most of which were corroaded or nonfunctioning.
    We managed to get one working and beached one short rapid away from the riverside takeout, and walk into camp soaked hopin for maggot assistance.
    There was a car in camp but it was the regional campground fs manager and he's a bit miffed
    Seems in their haste to pursue the fishes a watermelon Ketel 1 vodka and action packers containing freeze dried food were left out for Yogi and Boo Boo.
    The sherrifs on the way and all our shit needs to be locked in the shitter.
    The do0dge is still back at osborne the boat is damn near ful;l of water and there is a +200lb cooler that needs to get out.
    Just as Johnny Law pulls up so do the mags it all gets worked out a shuttle done dinner cooked and cocktails till midnight.
    Last edited by skifishbum; 10-09-2011 at 04:27 PM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

day#2
    tbc420
    well after a post midnight drunk a laughin my ass of at lmw newzealand 18' leader impersinations we awoke and decided a warm to ashton with a bread fish stop was in order.
    Stopped here ffor shuttles and to enjoy an Afton ID institution

killer shop bout every inch of space covered

Soon enough we were bread feedin hogzillas in the no fishin pet hog hole
    My zoom didn't cut it and the go pro baggette was planned but not exucuted this trip
    fun watchin hogs chow

time to git the float on

needs me one of them paddle faster stickers

catchin was tough that day, but we pursued and did a lot of switchin round
    stoked lexib rowed me a bit and did I mention his strong stick skills
    I couldn't get them to eat any sex dungeons, stoner sculpins, or meat whistles not even a follow LB needed to pull ashore a few times to save the streamer and we almost lost the anchor.
    pulled over to ply the waters from shore

dork dog pursued his water toy as there wern't a lot of fish to sniff

I was leery of brinin the furkid as he gets a bit excited and how much those funny sticks that throw flies cost has no meanin to him but for the most part he was a rockstar and did a lot of watchin

a few were hooked

20 sum incher release

noobs rowed rubbers

I kicked back and quit donatin nymphs

lmw manned the sticks and kessler recharged for dinners

another sweet westren river sunset was observed

Ithink the serious partakng of alcohol at least 4 me started then and dim reculections of a damn fine pasta veggie sausage smart puff shots brown water dinner was consumed and
    campsite fire was lit
    burn HANNA BANNNA BURN

things gut fuzziezez

my torn rotator cuff hurt so i ate a perc
    or two and it got fuzziers

important shizz was discussed and i guess in NZ you can roll with a 17' leader if you smear croc shit on your face and gear and throw 22's
    shots and snoozages in my warm bag being poached by sleepy dork dog
    no bear activity noted but camps properly secured
    Last edited by skifishbum; 10-18-2011 at 05:16 PM.

reserved 4 Day3
    Awoke to a bit of frost on the pumk err watermelons

and frosty flies

Sunday mornins worship occoured @ the trouthunter served by a cute little aussie hottie who followed her boy toy guide to the land of oppurtunity milk honey and automated jager dispensers

AMERICA FUCK YEAHS
    SFB flailed on the hottie shot but swears there is one somewhere
    The mornins pursuit of the fishes took the crew to Henry's lake
    After pretty much skunkin out the 1st 2 days I gots my mojos back and the strip set workin
    get yo fish sniff ons

there were a lot of boats on the water and bent rods o plenty.
    Fun watchin an older fishin gal light em up and everytime we looked over she was tightlined and smilin puttin another in the net

just more time spent not havin the time deducted from the masterclock

bout nooners or so we pulled off the lake to go scope out here

or the sacred ground of the rr ranch
    I had a preminition the night before of dork dog gettin lose and trying to help some oldschool bamboos rod oldtimer land his +20" he spent 6 hours and 42 flypatterns to hook
    and broke his rod sylvester Nemes rolled for him.
    So I wasn't goin ranchin
    Took a while to find where to easily launch

and it wouldn't been easy without the help of these two studs thanx again

What a cool float
    I guess it's a cluster fuck of rubber tubies doobies in the summer but irrie furkid and I were the only ones floatin that afternoon

pretty shallow so the get out and push off vegitation mats occoured a bit
    worked the product pimpin spancered brand ambassadog thing a bit more

He don't get to ride up front JW Powell style much so he dug it

Still trying to functionally operate the dslr this was a great float for that, the boat is such a cool shooting platform as a simple oar stroke changes your light w/ little effort.

stopped at a few deeper holes to exercise mr. wiggly dinks

could see decent kokes w/ their green headed red bodies swimin upstream to spawn but pretty lock jawed
    gots some marginal underwater goes proes of em
    as I was switchin lines these two stopped by for a sip at the local waterin hole

more product pimpins, I got a shitload of simms gear needin warrunty hope a few of these shots help my cause.

Started to get late so began rowin out when came across Mr. Swamp Donkey

DORK DOG SAW HIM GROWL SOFTLY AND HEADED FOR THE SHELTER OF THE BACK OF THE BOAT WHILE i fucked up on the wrong camera setting

today I managed to put al the food away but spaced the cell phone so I knew it was gettin late and the mags would wonder wtf I was doin

darkness on the edge of town to quote the boss man
    no attacking swamp donkeys ment nappy time

the vegimats got thick and gettin out of the boat to push off was rapidly increasing
    Finally could se the lights of Macks Inn and the road
    did the oneman headlamp pull off in the dark again and returned to camp another fine maggot meal tasty green herbs and brown water
    and well some more hannahs not in montanna Billy AIDS Virous offspring sacrifices and maggot lutz

The story of Ape_Natural rescuin Singles camera gear on crutches from a scammer and what it means to be a maggot was pondered
    A few dibsy downers eased my pain and sometime after midnight I slept dreaming of getting the mrs.to float big springs to Macks someday cause that's the stuff she really digs about floatin/rowin
    Last edited by skifishbum; 10-27-2011 at 07:57 AM.

day 4...... 20 spot
    So we broke camp said goodbye to the friendly riverside camp hosts and headed N to Montucky.

After some fire road driving we ended up below hebie Jeebie lake on the S fork of the Madison.

by this juncture I was so far over the road trip budget i wasn't gonna throw down for a MT licencse
    So I just hung out and took pics
    waters were plyed and fish sniffin pooches waited

more fishin than catchin goin down that morn but soon the lines go tight and rods bend

them whiteys are just as fun to sniff and I don't think he knows much difference

So after a few more we walked on down the road to journey onward

next stop found us in someones front yard of a dream home thank jah for friends of friends

A river crossing later found us in the Yellowstone NP/border hood.

Schwerty was the only one holding a yhp fish ticket so we all fished vicariously through him
    and well we all casted well

Seems there was a hatch going down

and scatology work found digested mayo packets

After some bear paw tracks and discussion of whether pbr cans constitute native american artifacts and should be left. We crossed back over and said our goodbyes till next time we are blessed to share each others fishin smokin drinkin laughin company again.
    I really wanted to go back to the S fork of madision and camp but now being solo didn't want the potential bear hazard and decided to head back to Henries Lake cg where I could fish that night and dawn patrol in the AM before heading home.
    So launched around 4:20 and headed back over to the outlet and started exercisin sweet brookies and cuttties.
    after a few tried the fulllsink again with a non cone or weighted head fly. got a few tugs and one in the net but overall the sink tip and a safety break or other respit till it sank was providing the belly or more willing to chomp water column presentation.
    Well sure enough another front comes through and it gets windy, to the point of barely able to make headway backk to dock. Them damn fish keep whackin and shit i just kept chuckin and duckin. the anchor wouldn'thold by this point so I'd get one and have to tack backk and forth to get back into positon for one more tug.
    Everyone else in the cg had bailed by then and the realization that if the winds shifted I'd probably be doing an unintentional cross lake cruise and I finally bailed. I made it to shore along the cg and a few guys helped. The damn your hardcore comment made me smile, more of a tug addict with a super durable hdpe boat was my reply. I rigged a couple throw ropes to pull the boat up onto the sharp ass basalt to minimize the white cap cheese grader damage and prob should of tried to pull it back to boat ramp.
    Took the furkid for a walk to get rid of that internal boat rocking that was still goin on
    Cool clouds as additional fronts rolled through

To windy to fuck with a tent so we just crashed in the dodge. Woke up about 2 to piss and check to see damn boat wasn't gone or fubared thankfully winds had died by then and knew the next morn was prob gonna be good.
    tbc
    Last edited by skifishbum; 12-26-2011 at 08:08 AM.

reserved just in case I need more space
    did I mention lexi-belles strong stick skills?

team blue condom gitin er done outside Macks
    Last edited by skifishbum; 09-23-2011 at 02:12 PM.

lerkin foowad 2 the liprippppen aKshun!

nice to put faces to some killer mags

Good Luck gents!

So bummed I missed this!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    So bummed I missed this!
    next years red pine double camp on the "B" of the blue ribbon GREEN rivers
    as summit organbummbler I'll be countin on your help
    You should have come up for henrys lake tues.
    Need judgeing help for nac provo one fly tom. free swag and grub.
    possible trip to jordanelle secret hog farm
    call me
    bro
    more sfd stoke

Dibs! I am for sure in on next years trip, lets just make sure it doesnt coincide with Miss Teleee's birthday weekend. Speaking of The Green, I managed to sneak out under the guise of taking out a client on Wednesday, check out the piucs on the fall browns thread, my buddy Dan hooked the biggest fish I have pulled out of the Green.
    No can do this weekend, I have some house issues going (dry rot repair and painting)
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Where's all that gopro footy?!!

You've got a Landseer Newfie. I want one!

I promised my spanser no viddy editin till after Oct 7 shoulder surgery.
    and fuck windows movie mother I'm shellin out for good softwhare
    there some good stuff though mini edit comin
    My dogs diein to be in a cameo for monntucky films
    He says "Those are the guys doin it right and he wants to sniff fish with them"
    He says he's a damn chick magnet and they need him for T&A attraction
    Telle Im headed to DJ weds.night/thurs for one fly come up sun. for a last hurrah float camp before I go one armed

Quote Originally Posted by Denny1969 View Post
    You've got a Landseer Newfie. I want one!
    be prepared to send out resumes to apply to be considered worthy by a newf breeder who buy chance likes dogs that are hard to get championed
    Ive had easier times bullshitting into jobs I'm under qualified for.
    They're out there but less than 10% of breed.
    Also be prepared for
    "what kind of mix is that"
    landseers named after famous dutch painter Edward Landseer is a recissive gene.......
    Oh I gots the spiel down
    Join nca if serious can sponser you

looking forward to reading this thread as it progresses

hope everyone sees hogs!

MAKE WITH THE GO-PRO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    MAKE WITH THE GO-PRO!!!!
    fuck I just spent an hour doing day 1 only to have my fat fingers hit the wrong key and poof it's gone.
    my pc is dying and won't edit save stuff or perform.
    main hard drive on home pc is caput and needs reload.
    Wife is not stoked about usin hers and viddy editing in general
    I have less than 7 days to fish/row and landscape with 2 arms.
    I have six weeks of pain and one arm strapped to my side coming
    and go pro will be coming then.
    I would have shelled out for special use cash for Ken to whip out the good filmin gear.
    Goat183 anything worth while on that mini sd card?
    If any you fools have edit skills or spare time I'll throw it all on a cd and get it to you
    LB I have your boat net pm me addy or I'll just have cabelblows or Jans ship you a new one.

Thanks for putting it all together SFB!

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    LB I have your boat net pm me addy or I'll just have cabelblows or Jans ship you a new one.
    SFB - that was actually my boat net. I'll PM you shipping info.

needs more snoop

Dibs, when are you taking that broke down wing of yours under the knife? Do you have my number? Feel free to give me a call if you need any help with things around the house while you are the one armed man.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Dibs, when are you taking that broke down wing of yours under the knife? Do you have my number? Feel free to give me a call if you need any help with things around the house while you are the one armed man.
    Thanks bro surg fri got a ton of house shit to get done this week and then I'll be a one armed tr postin mo fo till I can ski.
    The Green and the TU one fly comp were awesome wish you could have made it.
    IG sorry net is going out as soon as I find box.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    IG sorry net is going out as soon as I find box.
    No worries at all dibs - thanks for the update. Here's to a speedy recovery for ya on that shoulder!