Marker Jester vs. Marker Griffon

I am trying to decide between the Jester and the Griffon from Marker for my new Volkl Bridge. I can get the Jester for about $20 more than the Griffon. Is the spring the only difference? Is the Jester more durable than the Griffon? THanks for your help.

Yes the only difference is the spring.....and cosmetics. Go for the Jester for $20 more it is more then worth it.

^ not true. See the duke vs. baron thread - the differences are the same. The jester has metal in the housing of the heel, and in the toe wings.

The extra $20 is worth it just for durability, even if you don't need the higher DIN.

jester vs griffen price

I saw your thread. I am actually looking at the bindings for the new rossi s3 BC my wife won for me at the teton gravity show in Jackson this fall. Can you clue me in on where you found the jester for 20$ more then the griffen? I would be real interested. The cheapest for the griffen I found was $239 and for the jester $339. Would appreciate any help or if anyone has any other info would appreciate it. This is my first fat ski. I want to put a good binding on it. Thanks, Ed

One thing to also keep in mind is the din starts at 6 on the jester. If you bang your skis together a lot I would go for the jesters, I am amazed how banged up our baron demos are after 7-8 days.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by gingerly View Post
    I saw your thread. I am actually looking at the bindings for the new rossi s3 BC my wife won for me at the teton gravity show in Jackson this fall. Can you clue me in on where you found the jester for 20$ more then the griffen? I would be real interested. The cheapest for the griffen I found was $239 and for the jester $339. Would appreciate any help or if anyone has any other info would appreciate it. This is my first fat ski. I want to put a good binding on it. Thanks, Ed
    Me too please! Everywhere I've looked the difference is $100, not $20.

Please share the love!

Quote Originally Posted by freeBase View Post
    Me too please! Everywhere I've looked the difference is $100, not $20.

Please share the love!
    Amazon has the Griffon for $229 and the Jester for $259. Also slopestyle-ski.com is a shop in Breckenridge and they have the Jester's for $225 and the Jester Pro for $249

I'd just buy sth2 which are much cheaper than that right now... griffon for $229 is like full price!