Check Out This Video

Hey guys, put together this video after fishing yesterday. I'd appreciate it if you gave it a watch. I'd recommend full screen and LOUD! Let me know that you think!

Nice fishin! A bit dark in some of those shots, but I guess there's really nothing that you could do about that. Cool stuff and good tunes for sure though.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Streamer fishing the right way? I don't get it. I didn't see anything revolutionary there. And I saw some things I would advise against.

So who did you blow at Whorevis to get on that beat? I fish the ranch just above that stretch. It's way better.

Do you realize that's not the North Fork of the Colorado? It's the fucking Colorado River, the mainstem.

Isn't what people usually call "The North Fork" the stretch between Shadow Mountain Lake and Lake Granby?

Nice video...thanks for sharing.

Underoos, first sign of things picking up on the Fraser and I will be heading up to fish it...planning on hitting up Clear Creek this weekend somewhere above the Canyon and below Georgetown.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Look dude, doing something the right way doesn't mean it's revolutionary. And what exactly would you advise against, catching fish? I didn't blow anybody to get on that water, the place I work has a lease on it. And maybe calling it the North Fork is a misnomer, but damn there's really no reason for you to get your panties in a wad... Maybe we should get up and fish, might could teach you a thing or two about attitudes and catching fish...

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Streamer fishing the right way? I don't get it. I didn't see anything revolutionary there. And I saw some things I would advise against.

So who did you blow at Whorevis to get on that beat? I fish the ranch just above that stretch. It's way better.

Do you realize that's not the North Fork of the Colorado? It's the fucking Colorado River, the mainstem.

If you put half as much thought into editing a good video as you do fishing maybe you would make something worth watching.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    if throwin streamers out of a driftboat rowed by my hot wife on real rivers you cant wade across is wrong
    i don't wanna b right
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Cunts in the fishing forum, ghey.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Damn, guess haters are gonna hate...

Good looking water!

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    if throwin streamers out of a driftboat rowed by my hot wife on real rivers you cant wade across is wrong
    i don't wanna b right
    Come on now...this was uncalled for! ;-) It is not our fault everyone wants our water!
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Bobby Stainless Guest
    Damn...

Fly Fishing...

First thing I noticed is the angler is working his way upstream and I always do much, much better working my way downstream with streamers. I can cover all that water you are hitting plus double that doing a wet fly swing down through fish that I have not already spooked by wading past. I get good fish stripping the streamer back up along my side at the end of the swing. Wading downstream, where the situation allows, I can "walk the dog" for an extended greased line presentation along the far bank. Does this mean me and pretty much the vast majority of steelhead anglers are fishing streamers the wrong way?
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-21-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Nice video, nice fish, nice song. Great stoke.

Neckdeep, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe targeting trout in small water with streamers is tactically different than greased line swung flies for Steelies. I grew up fishing small streams, so learning how to fish Steelhead the past few years has generally resulted in me flailing around for about a 15' swing and going home empty handed. I agree though, that wading downstream allows you to cover much more untouched water.

Either way, the dude's catching fish, and he's not killing them. At the risk of sounding like a Kindergarten teacher, we can be constructive and positive.

Definitely stoked to be watching people catch fish while I'm at my desk on a sunny Saturday morning... Good on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by scott.jns View Post
    Neckdeep, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe targeting trout in small water with streamers is tactically different than greased line swung flies for Steelies.
    Greased line technique just refers to a little line mending flip you do to keep a streamer or wet fly running parallel to the opposite bank while presenting the fly's side profile. "Walking the dog" does the same thing but the angler actually walks downstream while twitching the fly along the far bank and making the greased line mend. Since the angler moves, walking the dog allows you to get the fly down very deep along the far bank. e.g. you are on a shallow gravel bar side and the far side is that perfect green water and structure; that is how to get that streamer down five feet and have it run along (or under) the structure as long as possible while staying in contact with the fly. These are just presentation tricks and you can use them for any species. Just like single hand spey casting. Working downstream isn't the right or wrong way to fish a streamer, however, it does maximize the number of fish that will see your fly before they see you or the line.

Working upstream, how are you going to present to the fish on your side? You'll either line that fish or plop your big wet streamer right on their head. Working down, I can present to the far bank. Then, wet fly swing the streamer across the channel past deep structure I might not even see, possibly feeding out line into the current to send that fly down deep. Finally, I can steer the fly over to some structure on my side and twitch it around before bringing the fly up along the seam. So, basically, I'm covering a lot more water, fishing both sides and getting 3 or 4 presentations to different potential holding spots with one cast. And I'll also toss a few up and across fast stripped back. I do both - target structure and try to cover as much water as possible with the swing out. Nymphs and dries, of course, I usually work upstream. Golden stoneflies, however, is a hatch that has trout just begging for a skated dry fly so I'll often work that one dry down and across and skated. Some hatches, like craneflies and many caddis, the bugs don't sit around and the fish feed on the rising pupa instead. That's a wet fly swing situation and I'll work downstream and sometimes fish the nymph just like it is a tiny streamer.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-22-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Well whatever the "right" way to fish a streamer is, I know how to effectively fish the waters I have access to. And the guys at Moldychum.com thought it was good enough to be included in Streamer Sunday, so something I'm doing must be "right".

Quote Originally Posted by NeedinPow View Post
    Maybe we should get up and fish, might could teach you a thing or two about attitudes and catching fish...
    Well come on up then. I have lots of time to fish, er drink.

I've got plenty of attitude, and I sure as fuck don't know how to catch fish. Enlighten me.

Good video man, nice fish.

Thanks for the vocab lesson neckdeep, good advice, too.

ambitenergy Guest
    I don't mind the sound trip you had, I really don't like it but the video fair enough to take few of my time. I love fishing but have no time for it.

George Shelter
    Ambit Energy , Sales Consultant
    Carthage, Missouri