Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    this years/last year is the exact same shell, shouldn't be any difference. I've never had any trouble getting mine or others feet into them and I've fitted a ton of people into this boot. The only thing I could think of is that the boot in the shop had been tried on multiple times and now he's going to a boot that's brand new out of the box. Pry it open and get the foot in there and after he wears it for a bit and flexes it for a while it shouldn't be an issue.

wish I had a brother like you buying me sweet new boots! props

Fat Yeti, which years Head Mojo XP did you replace? Looking to replace my Mojo Xps as well!

I always spray a little Sailkote into my liners especially where the heel needs to slide in the back of the liner and the area where the ball of my foot first makes contact with the insole. I also wear a pair of women's nylons instead of a dedicated ski sock. Foot slides in almost effortlessly regardless of the boot make unless I left them in the car overnight in freezing temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by swissbro View Post
    I also wear a pair of women's nylons ...overnight
    TMI bro . . .

I always spray a little Sailkote into my liners especially where the heel needs to slide in the back of the liner and the area where the ball of my foot first makes contact with the insole. I also wear a pair of women's nylons instead of a dedicated ski sock. Foot slides in almost effortlessly regardless of the boot make unless I left them in the car overnight in freezing temperatures.
    That's hot. I bet they slide into other blacker more leathery boots also? I gotta know, thighhighs, pantyhose, or knee highs....control top?....

Just knee high.

I've got a few days on my Rossi Experience 130s. Same boot, but doesn't have the cam lock. I heard somewhere that the liners are different too but I doubt it. Do any of you guys use Superfeet footbeds? I took the ones out of my old boots and tried to use them in the new ones but that setup kills my arches. If I go back to the piddly stock footbeds my feet feel fine. I tried trimming the Superfeet down a bit but I'm still getting arch pain. I think I need a custom footbed that takes up less space (the stock footbeds are much thinner vertically than the superfeet). Any recommendations?

As for the boots they are amazing. Just trying to get the footbed thing dialed.

Yep - using superfeet red in my rx130
    I'm still sorting some minor fit issues, one of which being a little pressure on the upper inside of arch but i think that's my foot rather than the footbed.

I'm no bootfitter but arch pain =/= good
    Try A-lines if you want to stick with something off the shelf - believe they are a fair bit thinner that superfeet.

I had some conformable footbeds. They are quite a bit thinner than the dfp and super feet corks.

Is anyone using Intuitions in their RX 130s? If so would tongue or wrap be the right choice? Right now I am hating the stock liner since it packed out within 10 or so days to the point that I am having trouble keeping my heel in place. The fit of the boot was amazing for the first ten or so days, but now not so much. My boot fitter set me up in a 27.5 which gives me a ~10mm shell fit in the narrower last, but I still have to work to force my heel to stay in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    I heard somewhere that the liners are different too but I doubt it.
    They sure look the same. It's hard to say for sure though on the intertubes. There were only two differences between the Super Banshees and the B-Squad Pros from a couple of years ago: the upper cuff and the liner. I confrimed that in person. The cuffs were cosmetically different and liners were very different. Supposedly, Rossi is still making their own upper cuff and liner; but this year's boots look exactly the same. Who knows.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

I'm using the Zipfit WC liner in the RS140 - really like the liner, and the fact that I can add more cork material, which I plan to do soon.

I hear that Lange is making an AT version of the RX130 - not just a repainted Blaster. Anyone know anything about it?
    Who cares how the crow flies

POW (Post Of the Week) candidate
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy View Post
    I'm using the Zipfit WC liner in the RS140 - really like the liner, and the fact that I can add more cork material, which I plan to do soon.

I hear that Lange is making an AT version of the RX130 - not just a repainted Blaster. Anyone know anything about it?
    Check the 2012 Gear Rumor thread, I think it's called the Lange 130 XT

Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy View Post

See here - think production ones will not have lace-up:

http://www.epicski.com/t/109057/2013...k#post_1415805

I skied the rx130 lv today for the first time. I like the boot a lot. It's stiff enough but a little softer than the ja loves I was on. The boot is very very roomy yet still hold well. My only complaint was my feet got wet....I think it was because I didn't buckle the bottom buckle tight enough but I've never had the issue before..

Quote Originally Posted by givethepigeye View Post
    See here - think production ones will not have lace-up:

http://www.epicski.com/t/109057/2013...k#post_1415805
    the production boots will have eyelets for laces and laces will come in the box for the consumer to put in if they so chose...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by jaredstrauss View Post
    ....My only complaint was my feet got wet....I think it was because I didn't buckle the bottom buckle tight enough but I've never had the issue before..
    I'm not sure it's possible to buckle these boots tight enough to stop snow getting in.
    Seems like the rubber piece is the mostly useless and poorly designed.
    Duct tape to the rescue!!!

Does anybody know if itīs possible to mount the rubber soles of the RX to the RS130?
    I hate how slippery those things are!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki87 View Post
    Does anybody know if itīs possible to mount the rubber soles of the RX to the RS130?
    Yes: If you have the RS 130 Wide
    No: if you have the RS 130
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

I've got custom made footbeds from Sport Loft and have been questioning them due to some pain on the soles of my feet, think dull and bruise like pain. My old boots (Icons) had no footbeds and I would wear thick wool socks to fill the volume, so I tried that in the Langes. To test heel hold, I took the flex adjustment bolts out, put them on and clicked into my skis, and flexed them as far forward as I could to see how much lift. As expected, there was quite a bit of play in this configuration. Then I put the footbeds back in and put my normal socks on (smartwool ultra-light) and did the same test. HOLY SHIT. The heel was locked, not even a hint of play at all. This impressed me a lot. I then wore the boots around the house for the better part of an hour, no pain. So I think the footbed gets moved around after entering and exiting the boot a few times because I'll go two days or so with no pain, then pain after that. From now on I think I'll just take the liner out and reposition the foot bed in between each day of skiing.

Bottom line, amazing boot and amazing job on fitting by Jeremy and Earl over at Sport Loft.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

I get that same pain in mine with my footbeds - usually goes away after a couple of runs or it I unbuckle for a minute or so and re-buckle after one run. I can tell my footbed is a bit short - was made for another pair of liners and I always have push it back in the heel before I put my foot in. I think that it gets moved when I jam my foot in there. Maybe that is the deal w/ yours - have you checked the length of the footbed vs liner sole?

Quote Originally Posted by givethepigeye View Post
    I get that same pain in mine with my footbeds - usually goes away after a couple of runs or it I unbuckle for a minute or so and re-buckle after one run. I can tell my footbed is a bit short - was made for another pair of liners and I always have push it back in the heel before I put my foot in. I think that it gets moved when I jam my foot in there. Maybe that is the deal w/ yours - have you checked the length of the footbed vs liner sole?
    The length is fine. They get pushed up the side of the boot. Not a lot, but just enough to raise the elevation relative to the rest of the boot to the point of creating a pressure point. I think re-positioning them before each day will do the trick.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

a bootshop guy told me lange doesnt change anything in half sizes except the stickers, is this true???
    so 26.0 is the same as 26.5
    I knew the shell is the same, but i thought the liner changes.
    he said they dont even do that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    Yes: If you have the RS 130 Wide
    No: if you have the RS 130
    Not entirely correct. If you have a really good boot fitter, you can have them grind down the soles on the RS so that they can attach the vibram pieces from the RX. They can order the vibram pieces from Lange. They're replaceable after all. My boot fitter offered to do it to last year's RX 130 Pro (now the RX 130 LV) since they didn't come with the vibram for whatever reason.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."