Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dos bolsas View Post
    Dude, you should totally hook up Lindahl. He has 3 years in the sidecountry, and 2 years in the backcountry, and like knows all the big words.
    Really? Keep your fucking immature comments in the slide zone area.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Really? Keep your fucking immature comments in the slide zone area.
    3 years in the sidecountry, and 2 years in the backcountry

is that better?
    Ski more blog less - Foggy Goggles

stop douching this thread
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I skin Arrowhead once a week but at night after work...the day varies. What made you make the move from Laramie to Eagle Cty??
    Well if you ever wanna go out at night sometime lemme know.

I graduated from UW in December and didn't want to go n' live on the plains in Wyo. I have a cousin that lives in Eagle. I lived in a camper in her driveway for two weeks while I was looking for work and a place to live. So here I am. Living in Edwards for the time being.

Laramie was great. I toured the shit out of the snowy's and cameron pass, but I mean here I can roll out of bed at 8a.m. and hit the resorts or VP by 9, easily.
    The furthur we go, the stranger it gets...

In other news. EV was nice today.

lol I don't know whats going on in this thread. I'm glad to here you had a good day as well, harvest. Never been to EV but I want to go there. Is there any low angled mellow shit? I want to venture around out there but I think I'm gonna wait until like April.

Do you get to it from the ski area? and then ski out of bounds and then back inbounds? Or is it a completely different area?

^^^^^^ Why don't you get out with Montanaskier, myself, some other mags, etc...if it works out, you will get shown EV.

Don't venture out there alone, period.

^^It was good out there today, but stuff was moving everywhere. We kept it pretty mellow and out of the big wind loads for the most part. Saw several naturals, including in places I'd never seen slide before. We also saw some very bold lines that I wouldn't have messed with if you paid me. Some of them triggered slides, some didn't (roll of the dice).

If you're going out in the next couple days be very away of areas with any northern or eastern aspect near a ridge. They'll likely be wind loaded. Also, there is a substantial crust forming on things with a E-SE-S aspect. The appeared to be a good bed surface on which new snow could slide. Probably won't get huge slabs, but could get new snow moving on you.
    When in doubt...straighten 'em out.

joelbettner.blogspot.com

Yeah, the snow was insanely deep yesterday at the top of EV. Anything remotely in the open has about a foot of snow on a wind crust. The top of that new snow was forming a sun crust. I think we'll see some avi's slide on that wind crust and possibly step down with more new snow. I'll be checking it out today, but we'll likely be sticking to the tight trees again.

Tight trees to skiers right of Racket Club were money. Whats the snow look like in Eagle county right now?

It is currently dumping in Edwards. I repeat, DUMPING.

Yeah I wouldn't hit EV solo, unless there were 20 degree slopes, but it doesn't sound like that.

I had no snow in Eagle-Vail at 3am and had 6 or 7" at 8am....hammered for awhile. The drive to Gypsum and back this morning sucked. Glad to see you have dialed things back Mrwaffles. EV isn't to be messed with if you don't know where to go....and at times even when you do.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

EV isn't to be messed with if you don't know where to go....and at times even when you do.
    Quoted for truth...

Free repairs today

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Really? Keep your fucking immature comments in the epicski area.
    Back to roll call and STOKE, the purpose of this thread.

I have 12, yes only 12 days left of the ski season. Mags want to do the mile, BBQ at Belles and hike ect. hit me up!

I'll be in Edwards tomorrow thru Sunday. The village should be rocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Free repairs today

I have 12, yes only 12 days left of the ski season. Mags want to do the mile, BBQ at Belles and hike ect. hit me up!
    Thinking about Vail on Monday to hunt out some long lost stashes...you still going to be around?

cramp are you in town? The one time I'll say this all year but beware the Beav on Saturday, it's Talons Challenge day. We're off to CB tomorrow evening so get after it boys and girls.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I roll in Tuesday, ready to ride everyday everywhere and anywhere. Hope Joel is wrong and some cold air and clouds roll in...

Gotta get a mount wed. and then be ready to roll (99's!!!)

^^^ ah, one day off. Oh well, maybe the following weekend if you bring the storms with you

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post

The other day, in Eagle County.

I'm going to be based in Vail April 7-14. Any word on them having tickets cheaper than $92 a day at this time? The is nothing referred to on their website and I'm not paying that much. It seems like in past years they have had something like a $199 pass that gave you unlimited skiing the last two weeks of the season or something like that if you bought it in advance.

Does anybody out there have any beta on employee vouchers and how I can get my hands on some?

finding someone with a pass would save you some cash....not a ton, but some. Or yeah, you could find an employee and try to get some help from them...that's about it.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

skin up golden peak about 800 vert feet and take the catwalk to highline express. boom.

61 degrees today in the village....it's just unreal warm and the long term looks like more of the same. I think it's all over for this year, good riddance.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

61 degrees today in the village....it's just unreal warm and the long term looks like more of the same. I think it's all over for this year, good riddance.
    hey debbie downer, perk up!. it sounds like the perfect day to show off your crimson tide jock strap collection.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?