Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!

Samsung Stratosphere USB connect to PC issues

I just got a new phone. I am having issues getting a Samsung Stratosphere to connect to a PC (Windows 7 laptop) using a USB cord.
    I have searched the interweb, searched here at TGR, tried multiple times in many diferent ways, but all I seem to get is the phone recognized as a CD drive with the message: "Please insert a disk into CD Drive (E"
    I was previously able to get Mrs. Vets old Samsung Galaxy to start working when I turned off the Bluetooth, but this magic trick isn't working for the Stratosphere.
    Help me somebody. Please.

I'd check the drivers first. If you need the latest version of them then go here:
    http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...SCH-I405LKAVZW

It is an Android and while I have not worked with that exact phone, most Android's have a USB Connection options- charge only (no connection or seeing of the drives), USB Mass Storage, PC Mode, etc. Also can you verify there is a micro SD card in the phone and it is readable? Should usually have 2 removable drives show up- the phones internal memory and the external micro SD card. So an unformatted or corrupted SD card could be an issue.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    I'd check the drivers first. If you need the latest version of them then go here:
    http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...SCH-I405LKAVZW

It is an Android and while I have not worked with that exact phone, most Android's have a USB Connection options- charge only (no connection or seeing of the drives), USB Mass Storage, PC Mode, etc. Also can you verify there is a micro SD card in the phone and it is readable? Should usually have 2 removable drives show up- the phones internal memory and the external micro SD card. So an unformatted or corrupted SD card could be an issue.
    RShea,

Thanks. You nailed it. It was the micro SD card. While it showed up on Mrs. Vets' new phone, it didn't show up on mine. After popping it out and reinserting it, it showed up just fine and is connecting to my PC through the USB. Thanks again!