FS - Heated Pneumatic Ski Press

So throwing this up there. I may already have a local buyer, but though I should get this up anyway.

It is about 8' long, stands about 5' high. Press cavity it 84" long, 15" high, 10" wide.

Main beams are 94" 5" x 5" x 3/8".

It is drilled for ~ 148 1/2" grade 8 bolts. Each bolt has 2 washers, a lock washer, and at least 2 nuts.

It can be taken apart and put together ina few hours.

The hose is already sealed, and I have a spare that will come with it.

It has a PID controller and a MEI heat blanket ready to go.

Cat track is 3/4" aluminum tubing and attached to some aluminum angles with I think 21 springs per side.

I press at 70 psi with no problem, and have tested it up to 100 psi.

Length wise I am able to press 191cm true tip to tail, but going longer maybe a really tight fit.

We can discuss the molds, if it is going to just be used for home building then I am willing to let them go. My mold allows you to mix and max rocker sections to whatever you want.

I have:
    2 stock tip/tail sections - ~ 6cm tip rise over 15cm
    2 15cm x 1.5cm rocker sections
    2 25cm x 2cm rocker sections
    1 25cm x 2.5cm rocker section
    2 35cm x 2.5cm rocker sections

I also have the top mold.

I would also allow you to take all the aluminum that comes with the press, which is a few hundred bucks in 1/16" 6061 aluminum sheeting in mostly pretty good shape. This would be around 10-12 sheets.

Main frame

I think all together this easily cost $4000. Looking to get 1/2 that ideally, but who knows. I would be willing to work out a payment plan too.

I may have a local buyer, but I need to work out the details.

It would need to be picked up pretty soon. If you have a full size truck bet it will fit completely fine. I will help take it apart (which will also show you how to put it together) which takes around 2 hours.

Once together, and plugged it, it is ready to press.

Located in Tacoma, WA. I could also possibly deliver to somewhere between Tacoma and Portland next Thursday, the 7th.

Email me at skiups9ATgmailDOTcom to discuss this more. Thanks.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Sickness!

BUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm about to have a heart attack just thinking of the possibilities...but alas, a 15 hour drive and funds means it wasn't meant to be.

gettin out of the biz already?
    Lobstah- Hows your pressin' coming?

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    gettin out of the biz already?
    Lobstah- Hows your pressin' coming?
    Naw, hopefully soon an upgrade.

How much space would you need in a shop to comfortably work with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Well I'm almost ready did a tester to make sure she goes all night at 60 psi. Looks good I kinda fuckt some core profiling, after visiting pmgear I will revise my profile slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    How much space would you need in a shop to comfortably work with it?
    Well....my shop is only 13' x 17', and in regards to floor space I have this press in there, along with an 8'x3' workbench, 7'x2.5' workbench, 5'x2' workbench, a table saw, 14" band saw, 20 gallon air compressor, 7'x2' set of storage shelves, and a dust collector taking up floor space, and I make due. Tons of other tools too....

so not too much. Technically the whole footprint is 8' x 3', because the base of the legs is 3' wide, but otherwise the press is 16" at it widest (from the outside of the two legs).

Then just add an air compressor, which can fit underneath.

Hopefully that helps.

It does. It's not 220 is it? Would a 5 or 6 gal compressor make it go? This is a very long shot but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

you don't need a big compressor at all.

No more ON3P? Damnit! I was hoping to pick up a sweet pair in the next year or so... Bummer.

Edit: nevermind. saw that you're hunting for an upgrade.
    Last edited by GapersGoHome; 07-30-2008 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    It does. It's not 220 is it? Would a 5 or 6 gal compressor make it go? This is a very long shot but...
    It is 120V.

I use a 19 gallon, but a small compressor would be fine.

realize this is a small shot. pretty sure I have a local buyer lined up already, but figured I should at least see if any mags want a shot at it first.

Quote Originally Posted by GapersGoHome View Post
    No more ON3P? Damnit! I was hoping to pick up a sweet pair in the next year or so... Bummer.

Edit: nevermind. saw that you're hunting for an upgrade.
    Hoping for a double bay, double wide with 2 heat blankets per bay. Just need to find a bit of funding!

Plus it will be welded, not drilled like this one. So it won't take nearly as long to build. Once everything is cut I bet the frame could be done in like a week.

I seriously think the drill for this press was easily over 100 hours....it is like 15 feet of 1/2" holes....

Hmmm...based on what they look like in your quiver thread... I'm stoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

hey iggy, stop messing around with selling that thing and press my fucking skis. thanks.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Looks like one pair of skis used a ton of epoxy! Was this one on the skibuilders.com forum? If for some reason you wanted to sell the blanket/controller I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledrat View Post
    Looks like one pair of skis used a ton of epoxy! Was this one on the skibuilders.com forum? If for some reason you wanted to sell the blanket/controller I'm interested.
    haha that picture was taken during my first tester pair ever. I WAY overdid it. There was epoxy everywhere, definitely ruined the rocker sections I have set up and everything. Lesson learned.

I think I weighted out like 800 grams or something ridiculous for that first tester pair, which was a 186cm 132/104/120.

I think I use like 520 grams on the ski I am pressing this very second that is 191cm 145/125/130 and I could definitely get away with less.

It was quite the mess that first time.

I wish I did not live 20 hours away, that thing looks sick!

Stumbled on your excellent description of building the press and making the first couple pair of skis at the ski builders' forum. Amazed you were able to pull off such a herculean project while in school. Proper respect.

The ON3P is a sweet ski. Iggy, ping me when you're up & running again. Stay with it!