Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rossignol Soul 7?

So I was in a shop yesterday looking for end of season deals, and I come across what upon first glance looked like an S7 and then I see the writing on midpoint says Soul 7. Upon closer inspection it's a completely different ski.

Shop guy described it as mix between the Super 7 and the RC112 which was pretty bang on considering they had both of those in stock as well for comparison. Metal S7 tip shape and rocker, camber underfoot, and just a little turned up tail at the back with no rocker and pretty stiff. Length looked more like 188.

Basically take the front half of the S7 and attach it to the back half of the RC112 and take the average of stiffness between the two.

He said it's not a production ski for next year, but it looked pretty sick. Anyone else seen one.

Before anyone chimes in with a "useless without pics" comment. All I can say is sorry. I didn't have anything with a camera on me, and I won't be back to that shop for a while, as its a ways from where I live.
    Last edited by Shu Shu; 03-28-2011 at 12:12 PM.

saw and fondled a pair at the last xtreme 10 days ago. They look sexy, for sure.

does that mean its less pintail than the S7? What is the rocker profile like? flatter in the tip?

^^that looks awesome. would love to see some camber pics

LOL now that I see the picture of em again, the description I gave is a little off. Tail is not quite an RC112. But ya get the idea. Regardless was a really nice flexing/feeling ski, that looks like it would be a fun crud busting post storm cut up pow killer...add it to the ever growing list

Found another pic

There were some in the Rossi demo tent at Xtal this past weekend.

Wondered what is was.

Shortly after I was amused to overhear some goon behind me in lift line describing how the S7 was being changed next year to make it "faster" that's it nothing else, no other tweak just "faster".

Demo days are funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Well the s7 is a terribly slow ski, so "faster" is at least the right direction to take it in. Still, looks very similar to the current s7... meh.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Well the s7 is a terribly slow ski
    It is? Were you the goon standing in line at Xtal on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

even if Nickel is a goon....them F'ers are a bit slow, relative to other sticks. NTTIAWWT and all
    one step forward, no step backward

The ski that Dan...
    or Dave and Dan...
    or Daryl, Dave, and Dan evolved the S7 into.

As an owner of the RC112, the S7 (sold it) and now the RP112, I can say that a blend between both skis would be my ultimate do everything ski. Less sidecut, more tail, more stiffness, around a 190 and I'm set.

Till then, my RP112s will do the trick.

Saw pair of these in shop up in BC a while back, but was told they were new metal S7's. Just glanced at them, quick flex, seemed to be lot like my 188 S7's, maybe a bit less tail rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    No I am not said goon. I am a skier not unlike the rest here who knows what they like and what they don't. I do not enjoy a ski that bogs itself down with unneccesarily steep tips. That said, having now fondled the soul 7, It does look like it addresses these misgivings. More of a continuous rocker that does not blend into a steep tip at each end. The front end is almost reminiscent of a 112rp, and the tail, while having rocker, has no real "twin" and is square (nice for skins!) Flexed about like a super7 (hand flex.......) maybe a tad stiffer? The dimensions didn't seem very different from an s7, but I have no actual numbers to base this on. Length, pintail, and such features seem more or less unchanged.

It definitely looks like a nice piece of ski.

Also, why does criticising something I feel is a useless design feature make me a goon? Or are you so sold on the "perfect" s7 that criticism is unwelcome? I never saw the need for the near-vertical tips at the end of a substantial amount of rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    It definitely looks like a nice piece of ski.
    I agree it does. The squarer skin friendly tail especially. Never myself had a problem with this "bogging down" on S7s.

Clearly you have a better eye for a ski that the "faster" goon I encountered.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 04-01-2011 at 05:11 PM.

I love my S7s, but they are not perfect. I think this addresses what I don't like about them. I'd buy them if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    As an owner of the RC112, the S7 (sold it) and now the RP112, I can say that a blend between both skis would be my ultimate do everything ski. Less sidecut, more tail, more stiffness, around a 190 and I'm set.

Till then, my RP112s will do the trick.
    Im in the same boat, I love my RC 112 for a resort ski but the Soul Seven would be a sweet ski to throw some dynafits on.

Does anyone know if there up for production next year or why there not producing it for next year?

Word is athlete only ski for now. Who knows for how long. Maybe not available to public till 12/13.

Shop manager I spoke to said the rossi rep was talking about a possible mid-season release next year. That was all the info he could offer.

Saw several pairs around Whistler this week. They definitely had a lower profile tip than the S7, and kind of an EHP tail. The guy at the demo tent said possibly a mid season release in 2012. So most of the above info is accurate.

Anyone have any specs like lengths, waist widths, radius, etc.? Metal or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    Anyone have any specs like lengths, waist widths, radius, etc.? Metal or no?
    191 cm... a short 191, much shorter than my 191 Billygoats.
    120 in the waist I believe. Word is tip width is the same as S7 but don't know how accurate that is
    Close to 30m radius.
    Metal.
    ~40cm tip rocker, ~30cm tail???

I saw this thread yesterday and was stunned. I have done some digging today. Hopefully my effort is rewarded with some Soul 7 in the near future.

Got some :-)

Happy Happy me,

Got to try a pair last year and actually landed a pair, Happy Days, Could be the defining shape by which others will follow once again. Rossignol has always been ahead of the game in my worthless opinion.

If you can find them, good luck, but I would buy if you see them.

Whats crazy is when I googled the ski, this forum is about the only info you can find on them.

Why don't you post some pics?