Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Wonder why they went over to Zinal or maybe that was the plan all along? Zermatt is reporting pretty prime conditions right now.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    pow ain't extreme, no matter how ya slice it. terrain for a big mountain comp should be on snow that would be loud enough to drown out any music set to it, meaning ice, blue ice, hard snow where if ya miss a turn yer fucked.

or do it in pow like in the comp but restrict the competitors to using only waxless xc skis and lace up boots

rog
    Says a guy who makes as many tiny turns as possible while meadow skipping instead of doing anything like a comp.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Says a guy who makes as many tiny turns as possible while meadow skipping instead of doing anything like a comp.
    qft

they would have to hold the comp as a 2 day event so i could take a full day to ski my run. mmmmm, think of all the turns i could make.......

rog

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    No wonder there are some kids who firmly believe that you can out ski any avalanche.
    As cool as it was I keep thinking this ^^^. Maybe I need to look into anal stick removal idk. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums

Even better thread after adjusting my "settings". Thank you , Scottish for posting,made my workday.STOKE!

For me still one of the best alltime comp descents ever

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    For me still one of the best alltime comp descents ever

thought he was a snowboarder the way he was fucking up all the pow.

Not sure if he could see it or not but huge props for pulling off a great run. Pretty much 99 percent of the people on this forum could not do anything like that. Whats with all the haters? That is the like pulling a trick surfing a big wave with a great white chasing behind you. Whether you knew it was right behind you or not ,it makes for incredible footage.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    Are you so fucking clueless or just pretending?

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Are you so fucking clueless or just pretending?
    if you can't tell, it's working.

Sverre is one of the best.
    That was a pretty weak venue for a big mountain comp! The competitors must have been bored.
    It looked more like a filming shoot for a ski movie. Complete with the standard "skier nearly gets pummeled by his own slough" shot.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    That was a pretty weak venue for a big mountain comp! The competitors must have been bored.
    Apparently not....

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    That competition face was one of the most beautiful faces I've seen outside of Alaska, so when powdork calls it "the weakest terrain I've ever seen for a big mountain comp," I find it laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Finally, good for swatch. I hadn't seen one in twenty years. This is marketing magic! They will be all over the press with free promo!
    Maybe Swatch planted a bomb to set that off.

like the way your fucking up the forum with poor quality chat ?

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish_Skier View Post
    like the way your fucking up the forum with poor quality chat ?
    dude, it wasn't even a backflip out of an avalanche. how can i fuck up a thread with poor quality chat when the thread isn't even what it says it's about. i'd say this svelte dude's shitty nonexistent avalanche fucked this thread up before i got here.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe Swatch planted a bomb to set that off.
    that's where we're heading. and when one avy isn't good enough, they'll start an avy obstacle course. and when that's not good enough, they'll have a boardercross avy obstacle course.

and so on.

dude, it wasn't even a backflip out of an avalanche. how can i fuck up a thread with poor quality chat when the thread isn't even what it says it's about. i'd say this svelte dude's shitty nonexistent avalanche fucked this thread up before i got here.
    ^ 6000+ posts on TGR.... and your still a JONG who likes to wave their cyber-dick on interweb forumz

One question : If that wasn't an avalanche then why was the rest of the days competition put on hold ?

Sluff = minor instability on the top layer of snow.
    That was clearly much bigger with real potential to bury a skier.

spook Guest
    i'm not judging whether it's an avalanche, but whether he back flipped out of one.

what i am waving is an oversized clit so i guess we all know how big the dicks you're used to looking at are. in your teeny weenied defense, my ladyscaping makes it look huge.

svelte dude's shitty nonexistent avalanche
    followed 2 mins later by....
    i'm not judging whether it's an avalanche.
    keeping smoking the crack pipe.

it looked like an avalanche to me? it was clearly a ballsy back flip?
    sorry if you feel cheated by the thread title - life must really suck if that left you disappointed.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish_Skier View Post
    followed 2 mins later by....

keeping smoking the crack pipe.

it looked like an avalanche to me? it was clearly a ballsy back flip?
    sorry if you feel cheated by the thread title - life must really suck if that left you disappointed.
    thank you. i love crack. nevertheless, the nonexistent avalanche is the one he doesn't backflip out of, einstein. the slough/avalanche that was behind and to the left may or not be. i don't care.

any feeling of being cheated is assuaged by my laughter at you. the underfed scottish blood still haunts centuries later, manifest in shallow grooves in a gelatinous grey matter.

where in zermatt was the venue? the terain looks really really nice....
    edit: never mind i guess i found it in Zinal on the topo map from geo.admin.ch --> not really lift accessed, but right where i guessed you could get with some touring.
    It's right from the ridge of the aguille de la Lé at 3300m. Acces is difficult though. I'd say without a heli you'd have to try to get there fromthe south/west frommthe col de pigne /col de le. because bootpacking up the face seems avalanchy...

and whoever said that it's weak terrain: yeah right. THAT is a face with about 3x times as much vertical as 90% of the American resorts
    with AK like features.
    But sure, I'd like to see 30° terrain with some stupid rocks interspersed more often so some drunk redneck can win the "sickbird" award by hucking himself onto flat.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 02-15-2013 at 03:05 AM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Heh you sound jealous of the comps here. It stil looks like a fun venue

I am. I would love to shoot my automatic rifle at the contestants during a contest and cry yeehaw more often.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

i am amazed at the talent on this forum

hopefully you guys can teach me