Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    yay!!!!!!!!!!!!1 fkna!!!!! feed the stoke!!!!!!

Just watched a bunch of the runs. Lots of crashes (except Cody) from the Norte Americanos. Unfortunate. Lots of crazy good skiing and pretty nice looking conditions.

Anyone know why Zakkersen didn't ski?

Yeah! Cause fuck that avalanche!
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    and that was the weakest terrain i've ever seen for any big mountain comp. definitely not up to the level of the riders there
    pow ain't extreme, no matter how ya slice it. terrain for a big mountain comp should be on snow that would be loud enough to drown out any music set to it, meaning ice, blue ice, hard snow where if ya miss a turn yer fucked.

or do it in pow like in the comp but restrict the competitors to using only waxless xc skis and lace up boots

rog

This sport is progressing so quickly. Avalanches will soon become mandatory for a high score. Awesome run!

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    this^^^^^^^^^

he was never in it. a large sluff following him is all. well skied and the backflip was a nice touch.

rog
    It was more than a sluff. You can see the crown at 1:17 in this video of the full run.

Also check out the slide he sets off and then drops HUGE into at 0:22 in his run the next day.

Wow.....regardless of the sport or performance, it is so mind blowing for me to watch pro level athletes/performers do their shit well. That guy fuckin rips in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

good time to stick the landing.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    good time to stick the landing.
    if not, jacobellis, part deux.

amazing run. i would love to ski that. anyone got a 20 on where this was held in zermatt? /cbtalk

^^ I'm thinking Zinal.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

should be able to find it in one of the vids. they have most competitors runs up now
    http://www.swatchskierscup.com/event-info.html
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

yeah, seems they didn't hold it in zermatt (not enough snow - really?) and moved over to zinal. now if i could just get heli access like they did.

http://freeski.downdays.eu/featured/...-mountain-day/

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    why? i don't know shit but i would imagine a back flip out of an avalanche would be almost impossible because you wouldn't able to control your takeoff if you could even take off. more likely it would be "getting swept over a small cliff."
    so if someone says "backflip out of an avalanche" i'm expecting pretty much miraculous. this wasn't that.
    if they'd just said "backflip in front of an avalanche" i would have thought, "wow, ballsy." which is what i thought, right after i got over being disappointed that it wasn't out of an avalanche.
    Wow - TGR is a hard crowd to please if that left the homeboyz disapointed

I stand corrected that this was indeed Zinal - the press release / youtube etc still claims it was the 'Zermatt Swatch skiers cup' (which is a bit cheeky... though I guess some sponsors put down big CHF's)
    Last edited by Scottish_Skier; 02-13-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Raising the bar, it's not a winning run now unless you set off an avy and then pull a freestyle manouvre over it. The sickness boggles the mind!
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    While technically you are correct, until you backflip in front of an avalanche, STFU
    Agreed. Great footy. Conditions looked prime.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Foothills of the VT mountain where it never snows
    They just showed it on the CBS morning news and it looks FKNA awesome on a big screen!
    Raise 'em Jay. And remember: Safety Third!

LetsPlanTrips.com

Our photo galleries

Quote Originally Posted by SheSkisTrees View Post
    They just showed it on the CBS morning news and it looks FKNA awesome on a big screen!
    No wonder there are some kids who firmly believe that you can out ski any avalanche.
    Life is not lift served.

It's a little slough folks, no big whoop...

Sverre knew snow was moving behind him, but didn't realize how far rider's left it had cracked out, bringing down more snow than he knew. He is an incredibly focused and capable athlete and I'm glad it was him in the situation, not a less experienced or fit rider.

The competition continued after Sverre's run, but was called off with six riders left. The guides decided to end it early as they were past their timing window with the sun was too high in the sky. It was a fine line on snow safety all morning, but they knew when to pull the plug definitively.

That competition face was one of the most beautiful faces I've seen outside of Alaska, so when powdork calls it "the weakest terrain I've ever seen for a big mountain comp," I find it laughable. Or maybe he's making a funny joke? I can't tell.

It's not a big mountain comp in the traditional sense of the term, there is a slopestyle day as well. So don't get butthurt that it was weak terrain for a comp. Most of these riders are film riders so they aren't going to huck their shit to ice for the outside chance that they win enough cash for the flight home and the adoration of some dirtbags.

And by weak terrain I mean that 99.9% of TGR would suck a bag of dicks just to be able to stand on top of this.
    Training for Alpental

You guys must have incredible skills

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    this^^^^^^^^^

he was never in it. a large sluff following him is all. well skied and the backflip was a nice touch.

rog
    To minimize what he did there, you must be pretty damn good. I've only done a handful of back flips in my life and they were all under super controlled circumstances.

What these guys are throwing while going full on in big country humbles me and blows my mind.

Finally, good for swatch. I hadn't seen one in twenty years. This is marketing magic! They will be all over the press with free promo!

tres cool!!

Rog, you really are a cock.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

just another day at the office for these guys...

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller