Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    With regards to sizing. I have a size 30 waist, and the size 30 short technically fit my waist perfectly. (i.e. no need for a belt and no sagging). But they felt tight around my quads/hips, so going up a size made a belt necessary, but increased the enjoyment I receive from wearing them (fit looks better, and feels better). just my .02.

Wildman, do you wear a 30 waist in Carhartt pants or regular jeans? Or is that your actual waist measurement?

I'm really debating 32 or 34. I'm right in between a 32 and 34 in Carhartt (and between 31 and 32 for regular jeans). As I continue to get in shape, my 34 Carhartts are becoming to baggy.

Thanks in advance for the info. I hate the hassle of returning things online (no offense to online vendors, it's just a PITA for me).
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    With regards to sizing. I have a size 30 waist, and the size 30 short technically fit my waist perfectly. (i.e. no need for a belt and no sagging). But they felt tight around my quads/hips, so going up a size made a belt necessary, but increased the enjoyment I receive from wearing them (fit looks better, and feels better). just my .02.
    Exact same here. Wish I could have the 30's waist with the 32's legs. That's a problem I have with every manufacturer though...just because I have a 30 inch waist doesn't mean I'm a stick (5'9" 165). I'm happy with the 32s now, they just ride a little lower.

[QUOTE=auvgeek;3632874]Wildman, do you wear a 30 waist in Carhartt pants or regular jeans? Or is that your actual waist measurement?

I have a 30 waist. Carhartts Levis you name it. So ya, it is my actual waist measurement. But Im also a short guy, so nothing EVER fits out of the box (need 90% of my pants tailored bc practically no one makes a 30 waist 28 inseam. These shorts did!

My shorts and pants arrived today, and the "one size up" is dead on - my waist is 32" measured with a tape, and the size 34 fits well. For reference, I wear 32 carhartts and 32 or 33 levis. The length on the shorts is long. I'm just shy of 6'1" and the shorts end just below my knees. If they don't shrink a little I might hem them up to hit right at the knee. The quality looks good, and they're just the right weight. I dig the shade of brown too. Thanks Mike.

Perfect. Guess I'll have to go with the 34" waist and have them make me a smaller length. Thanks for the sizing help.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I wear 36" carhartt logger jeans, and 36" jeans in general. Levis run a little tight in that size. The 38" shorts fit perfectly. The bottom of the legs are right at the center of my kneecaps. I think a hammer loop would go over well also. All in all, a well made garment for a great price

Thanks all for sharing sizing info and garment details ! Update, between TGR and our other sources of distribution (yes, we do actually sell outside of TGR )

we are SOLD OUT of Khaki shorts in 34,36,38,40, 42
    Dark Brown SOLD OUT 40,42
    Nylus ok.

We are going back into production for Khaki asap, please watch our website for the removal of the SOLD OUT tag.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Are the shorts cut the same way as the pants (width through upper leg)?

Also what happened to shipping? My first order was $5.25 and now it's up to $15.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Are the shorts cut the same way as the pants (width through upper leg)?

Also what happened to shipping? My first order was $5.25 and now it's up to $15.
    The web people are screwing around with the shipping. it was set flat rate for everywhere including canada..which cost me $20 for someone on here. now it is set flat rate for Colorado.

The net idiots were supposed to fix it. ive been in cleaning up the mess they created with pictures last night. but i am limited in ability on zen cart.

the last guy from seattle that ordered , i stuck some cash in the box to credit. so i can do the same till its fixed or i can paypal some back . i dont know how to do the mailing tables within zen cart or i would fix it myself. i am sorry and trying to correct it.

The shorts are going to be very similar to the pants. to make a fuller cut, boom it adds 7 new sizes to make or 21 when making pants then x2 or x3 for colors....that means huge production costs. as i gain more sales i will continue to reinvest all my return back into expanding product line and size scale. Please bare with me, as the company is small. thanks mike
    www.freeridesystems.com

I'm a bit confused as to posts here, you say order one size up, but people here say they fit pretty true to waste size... anyways I ordered a 32 since I need to wear a belt with 32 jeans (but 30 are too small), so hopefully it fits good. Will let you know how they fit, always hard to buy shorts for my frame that fit well (not too short/not too baggy).

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    The web people are screwing around with the shipping. it was set flat rate for everywhere including canada..which cost me $20 for someone on here. now it is set flat rate for Colorado.

The net idiots were supposed to fix it. ive been in cleaning up the mess they created with pictures last night. but i am limited in ability on zen cart.

the last guy from seattle that ordered , i stuck some cash in the box to credit. so i can do the same till its fixed or i can paypal some back . i dont know how to do the mailing tables within zen cart or i would fix it myself. i am sorry and trying to correct it.

The shorts are going to be very similar to the pants. to make a fuller cut, boom it adds 7 new sizes to make or 21 when making pants then x2 or x3 for colors....that means huge production costs. as i gain more sales i will continue to reinvest all my return back into expanding product line and size scale. Please bare with me, as the company is small. thanks mike
    Fair enough, I understand. I'll place an order and do whatever you think is fair. You're making good stuff, I have some friends interested as well.

Regarding the floating pocket, have you experimented with 'tending' the phone towards the sides to keep away from the fold? It looks like the sewing is more efficient as it is along the pocket sides which makes sense, but I've become accustomed to and prefer side of leg phone/tool pockets on the Carhartts, etc. It works as is, but the floating pocket towards the side would be ideal, IMO.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    I've become accustomed to and prefer side of leg phone/tool pockets on the Carhartts
    Yeah, the single best feature of carhartts is the unintentional phone pocket.

I just received my 11" khakis and like the color. Also, I like this length better than the 13". The way things are going, you might consider a capri length.

I take it the 3/4" strap is a belt? Thanks. Also, check out the free Priority Regional A size boxes from USPS to shave shipping box costs and some shipping costs from your overhead.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by vostok4 View Post
    I'm a bit confused as to posts here, you say order one size up, but people here say they fit pretty true to waste size... anyways I ordered a 32 since I need to wear a belt with 32 jeans (but 30 are too small), so hopefully it fits good. Will let you know how they fit, always hard to buy shorts for my frame that fit well (not too short/not too baggy).
    I think 32 should do it since you need to normally wear a belt with 32 jeans. Thank you for your business!
    Last edited by MiCol; 05-11-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Fair enough, I understand. I'll place an order and do whatever you think is fair. You're making good stuff, I have some friends interested as well.
    I will make it right. Awesome, please spread the word. Many thanks.

Regarding the floating pocket, have you experimented with 'tending' the phone towards the sides to keep away from the fold? It looks like the sewing is more efficient as it is along the pocket sides which makes sense, but I've become accustomed to and prefer side of leg phone/tool pockets on the Carhartts, etc. It works as is, but the floating pocket towards the side would be ideal, IMO.
    Noted, in its current rendition the pocket is set up you can get a few more things in it. Also, sometimes big items like sunglasses favor a certain side in the front pocket, the phone pocket allows you to move to avoid having those front pocket items stacked.

I just received my 11" khakis and like the color. Also, I like this length better than the 13". The way things are going, you might consider a capri length. yes

I take it the 3/4" strap is a belt? Thanks. Also, check out the free Priority Regional A size boxes from USPS to shave shipping box costs and some shipping costs from your overhead.
    no those are free camping straps! too small for belt. thanks for heads up on usps box.

Thanks everyone for the orders!
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    people wear those?
    The Carhart's? I like them they are shorter than most kulats and IMO very similar to Patagucci Stand Ups, except way cheaper. Mine were made by Mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    The Carhart's? I like them they are shorter than most kulats and IMO very similar to Patagucci Stand Ups, except way cheaper. Mine were made by Mexicans.
    Lo barato es caro
    precio de todo valor de nada
    www.freeridesystems.com

Promotional Project
    1st pictured at its former Aurora Home

Proposed Rendering 1

Proposed Rendering 2

Proposed Rendering 3
    www.freeridesystems.com

Just an update (and I'll send you a PM in case you don't check this thread anymore), I was out of town so didn't get to open the box till today.

Initial impressions: burly, but not thick shorts. Feels like these should last a long time. big stitching, reinforced everywhere that feels right, big pockets, good colour (got the dark brown).

Sizing: I wear a 32x34" jean (6'5" height), with a belt on 32's. Shorts fit OK (not perfect) around the waist, however they are way too tight around my thigh/hip area. I think the 34's will be perfect for me, even if they need a belt (just to get some breathing space around my thighs). Let me know how I can get an exchange going

Thanks!
    Matt