Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    It's funny to watch posters in this thread with their fragile egos use terms like Gnar Gnar, elitist, extremo gnarcore, etc. Please try not to get your vagina all bruised up over it.
    Surprised you butthurt whiners can laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Surprised you butthurt whiners can laugh
    Walter, I love you, but sooner or later, you're going to have to face the fact you're a goddamn moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Damn this thread has legs
    So does Jessica

Damn I'd love to make that butt hurt
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

This isn't Nam Yeti, there are RULES!!!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    AM I WRONG! AM I WRONG!

No, your not wrong, Walter. your just an asshole

Smokey, my friend, you are entering a world of pain.

....a world of pain.
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    This isn't Nam Yeti, there are RULES!!!
    God damn you Tye! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the FUCK, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?

oh, ya this is about sullyitude expansion. ...I'm against any expansion.

unless it's in my pants
    get paid

See the photo, see the bomb hole, no avy until later.
    soul_skier and I were ~200m away digging pits for Avy2 when that slide happened. An Avy2 training group set that slide off, shows that even under the supervision of trained professionals with decades of experience shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element!
    Eat me

Damn this thread has legs
    So does Jessica

Damn I'd love to make that butt hurt
    I'll eat her.

Quote Originally Posted by bl2000 View Post
    Eat me
    you're not very good at this game are you?

For starters, if I was using your real name I would have called you Joey
    get paid

Bump for the fucking sillytudeness that would be only staffing one person to sell tickets on the busiest day of the year and firing a + 20 year snow safety
    director. Ought to save enough $$ with those manuvers to buy a chairlift pad or two
    Thanks EW you were always willing to inpart snow safety info and even when you didn't think our (me and my partners) decisions were wise you communicated it in a profesional manner. We appriciated your willingness to get terrain open asap and your profesionalism. Hopefully your predesessor will continue that positive skier compaction get stuff open ideal. It was always great to have an open gate to get out and look across canyon and see the castle still closed the day after a storm Hope the best for you in the future and remember if your damn good at what you do you won't be a Solitude long.
    cause thats the sillytude way.
    here's a little more silver stoke
    Last edited by skifishbum; 01-04-2010 at 02:18 PM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

ten things I think I think (thank you Peter King)

1. Solitude was positioning itself with the FS and Wasatch Canyons Tomorrow in light of the proposed wilderness actions. The DeSeelhorst's want to make room for expansion before it turns into wilderness.

1.B there are to many mining roads in SF for this area to be considered wilderness. so the rush to expand before the DeSeelhorst's get shut out is mute.

1.C there are many abandoned mines in Silver Fork that may need attention. If you work for a Abandoned Mine cleanup and closure firm jump on this opportunity.

2. This (Silver Fork expansion) will go to full NEPA review. an EA at least if not an EIS for the ski resort expansion. EA= Environmental Assessment. EIS = Environmental Impact Statement.

3. "Water Water everywhere but not a drop to drink" Silver Fork provides 24% of BCC Watershed. This issue will alone be the HOT button issue. Forget the Hippy skiiners vs the ski lift riding tourists. Clean Water will trump all and if you missed it SLC is thirsty.

4. Chair lift construction/ parking lots/ base facilities are a major impact.

5. Heavy machinery / construction pollutes surface water. remember this is a watershed.

6. Ski Lifts - ski areas cut down trees. ( another impact vs the no action alternative.) The forest service will weigh this alternative vs the health of the forest.

7. I bet there is some sort of Special Status Species in silver fork. Bird, owl, plant, moose whatever that would be impacted by the proposed action.

8. Silver Fork has Private property owners at the Junction of BCC and the drainage. This group will definately have a voice on the proposed action.

9. Yeti-man likes to ride lifts (quantity and quality)

10. Track Head likes to skin (earn his turns)

Neither group (Yeti-man or TH) will influence the forest's service's decision. all the impacts (along with others) coupled with mitigation proposals by the DeSeelhorst's will impact the FS decision. The FS will weigh the watershed impact heavily and most likely determine that (the no action alternative) preserves the health of the forest and the water.

11. In the end, money trumps all. Where is the money here? Hint: Money don't tele.

Money rides the powder turd heli to slay the west bowl gnar

f/u has a good assessment there. Runoff is that priceless resource that serves the greatest good for the most people. It's in short supply in Salt Lake.

And screw Dave/Gary for firing their best people on a consistent basis. I love skiing solitude, I love skiing off lifts and all of that but I have no love for those guys and definitely no love for the way they run quality people off.

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    1.C there are many abandoned mines in Silver Fork that may need attention. If you work for a Abandoned Mine cleanup and closure firm jump on this opportunity.
    I have never seen the SF mines in the summer, but unless they are very significantly impacting water quality they will not be touched. There are sooooo many abandoned mines in BCC and cleaning them up is sooooo expensive and disruptive that it is generally best to just leave them alone.

When there are four lifts in Silver, one up Flag, one in Grizz, one into White Pine, they will need to make the White Pine Trailhead much larger to accomodate the public, as this will then be the only reasonable public access point in LCC.

It will be cool when the ski areas take over all of the current access points in LCC, leaving only one already over crowded parking lot left for the public.

5 years?
    10 years?
    20 years?

When will we lose all of our public land to special interest private companies?

When there are four lifts in Silver, one up Flag, one in Grizz, one into White Pine, they will need to make the White Pine Trailhead much larger to accomodate the public, as this will then be the only reasonable public access point in LCC.

It will be cool when the ski areas take over all of the current access points in LCC, leaving only one already over crowded parking lot left for the public.

5 years?
    10 years?
    20 years?

When will we lose all of our public land to special interest private companies?
    I love skiing lifts and I love skiing sidecountry, the problem is once these 2 lifts go in, it makes the entire Wasatch sidecountry. This would effectively turn the number one backcountry destination in the US (quantity, snow and ease of access) into exclusively side country. You won't have to worry about giving someone directs to Chads Gap because it will be bumped out.

Silver days etc is sidecountry now. You fuck up or need help patrol will be there. ask Tanner ask Xover. Who was it that tried valiently to save Billy Pooles life?
    Soli patrol
    You may think your 1/2 hour trip up the alta cat groomer in grizzly is backcountry it aint. You want to ski backcountry get out of the fuckin pen and git sum.
    Pm trackhead but only if you have a probe

Quote Originally Posted by nbt View Post
    I love skiing lifts and I love skiing sidecountry, the problem is once these 2 lifts go in, it makes the entire Wasatch sidecountry. This would effectively turn the number one backcountry destination in the US (quantity, snow and ease of access) into exclusively side country. You won't have to worry about giving someone directs to Chads Gap because it will be bumped out.
    Had to quote this one for shere fuckin stupidity
    once those lifts go in I'm skiing bonkers every day

Solitude scales back their plans:

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_14876942

Ahh. The good ole' bait and switch. "Look how much less we are impacting, you should let us do this!"
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Had to quote this one for shere fuckin stupidity
    once those lifts go in I'm skiing bonkers every day
    What's stupid about that? I've been hiking in the Wasatch since I was 14 years old. You were probably suckling your East Infection trust fund in Boston at 14. And how the hell can you have such a boring life to have almost 4,000 posts. You can't possibly ski a lot and still have time for 4,000 posts. Be careful what you write. Why do all the duechebags hang out at Bonkers now?

Quote Originally Posted by nbt View Post
    What's stupid about that? I've been hiking in the Wasatch since I was 14 years old. You were probably suckling your East Infection trust fund in Boston at 14. And how the hell can you have such a boring life to have almost 4,000 posts. You can't possibly ski a lot and still have time for 4,000 posts. Be careful what you write. Why do all the duechebags hang out at Bonkers now?
    You sure got him figgered!

^^^^ Nope chitown baby slaying the gnar of villa olivia wilmont and devils head.
    my point is lifts acessing silver isn't going to ruin the waatch any more than the powder turds even less silver days sure it'll be more acessed but there is a whole lot of drainages
    anyhow getting into silver from sillytude is so easy a 15 year old icegrom can do it
    skied that hood last thurs. aside from a cool soli patroler Adam doing a backtracks trip with a smiling an older client bustin his bc cherry and someone who skied cabin run off davenport and put an awesome trade route skinner to days not a fuckin soul guess everybody was lined up to traverse
    out to the castle in the oc

probably in the neighborhood of a few hundred days skiing those lines still make me smile every time. guess it aint ruined yet
    waaahhh the proliferation of people in the bc sc is ruining the wasatch
    i blame the straight chuter a few booters out to wolvie and the next thing ya know some brahs in the shop got a book that lists most of the cool chutes expect the meadows ones instant addiction worse than crack baby
    i told ya before I scored 3k of those posts off Iceman for the lbs9k woodsy left me a 1/2 a pack of marlboro lights and a Rickey Bobby lighter
    smokin deal 4 me from jong to prolific poster.
    Shit between tip, buzz, truth, ice, splat, and a few other e/irl friends they got damn near 100k
    you fuckers need to get a life