Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Today was pretty sick. Definitely pleasantly surprised. Harveys/Robertsons was awesome.

one of the first ones on shale slope.. effing epic. it's going to be a wicked year !

We came all over the face

Best cirque lap ever today. First people in there at 11:30, it doesn't get better than that. Sometimes I wish the Peak chair would blow up so we could have this for the rest of the season.

Had the best opening day lap I've ever had, with FilthyFrench and Failbail, a few others. Blower, over the knees and into the face. Fucking amazing. Too bad my toenail didn't agree, else I would have been up today. Next weekend should be amazing. Let's hope this crazy cold doesn't make a super shitty PWL in the snowpack.

Dude, just looking at your pics, I definitely saw you and your group go past us on the way out to Flute yesterday. I was part of that avy course. Looks like you guys had some fun.

Btw, thanks a lot to the person in your group who asked if we observed any good facets. Jerk

Saw all you guys out there yesterday too. Cold day for an avy course! Flute was fun.

bum wiggling at it's finest!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Damn... Kicking myself right now. Looks like it worked out a lot better than was anticipating, but this sort of thing always happens. The winter is still long, looking forward to some future blower days, conditions can only get better from here on out right!!??
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Quote Originally Posted by roadgap View Post
    Saw all you guys out there yesterday too. Cold day for an avy course! Flute was fun.
    Yup, a tad unpleasant at times with the cold temps but I'm glad to have gotten it done so I can explore all season and be safe...

The forecast is looking pretty damn good for tomorrow night and Friday. Bring it on! Should be fun times on Blackcomb.

PS I'll just put it out there, but I'm still looking for another part time job in Whistler, if anybody happens to know of anything...

Finally getting up on Friday and Saturday, damn meetings. How has the wind been the last few days?

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    PS I'll just put it out there, but I'm still looking for another part time job in Whistler, if anybody happens to know of anything...
    let me guess... flexible hours, preferably something at night with the chance of either a no show/no call or painfully late on any given day with more than 10 cms of snowfall
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    let me guess... flexible hours, preferably something at night with the chance of either a no show/no call or painfully late on any given day with more than 10 cms of snowfall
    Preferably...yes

Realistically though, I'll take what I can get, whether it's morning, afternoon, or evening, and be punctual about it. I got a job at the liquor store already but it's on an on-call basis, so I'd like to have at least a few hours a week I can rely on.

I'll be up Blackcomb tomorrow and Friday. Likely skiing alone if buddies can't get out of work. I have a bright blue jacket and bright orange pants and a beard. Come say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    Preferably...yes

Realistically though, I'll take what I can get, whether it's morning, afternoon, or evening, and be punctual about it. I got a job at the liquor store already but it's on an on-call basis, so I'd like to have at least a few hours a week I can rely on.
    you ever painted?

I will be out next Thursday and Friday, so hopefully the predicted snow pans out. People who know me, know me, for others, Bright Green Jacket, blue pants, Smith Brim, probably have the VIO on the helmet, using the 196 Lhasa's with Dukes. Or if it is still climb to ski, Jacket that makes your eyes blur (lots of little grey/purple/black squares) , black pants, original topsheet 179 Bro's and Dynafits/Radiums

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    you ever painted?

hell yeah - ride him hard. Anyone's harder-working then a one eyed chinaman

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    you missed some good wind buff and breakable crust. got to stretch the legs up 7th and do some recon. hopefully this snowpack susses out over the next week or so. fingers crossed

So, any rumors as to if they are going to open up any more chairs for tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Aren't you looking for a personal valet, Lee?

Are there any more lifts opening up this weekend? How does patrol feel about safety in the alpine? Sunday might be some good breaks in the visibility.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

there were lots of crowns in jersey bowl and i saw 2 slides go after bombs were dropped from bushrat and a little closer to jersey chair.
    havent heard any rumours about openings, made it over to ridge runner etc today and it was pretty bare bones so doubting whether they will open crystal chair. i imagine the glacier chair zone would be rocky still as well..

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbb View Post
    So, any rumors as to if they are going to open up any more chairs for tomorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKS View Post
    Are there any more lifts opening up this weekend? How does patrol feel about safety in the alpine? Sunday might be some good breaks in the visibility.
    IF YOU TWO CAN TAKE A BREAK FROM FELLATING EACH OTHER FOR 2 MINUTES I WILL CHECK MY CRYSTAL BALL AND LET YOU 'GUZZLERS DU CUM' KNOW EXACTLY WHICH CHAIRS WILL BE OPEN TOMORROW, IN FACT I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHICH CHAIRS WILL BE OPEN EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY THIS YEAR.

FUCKING IDIOTS.