Internet reviews zero
    People who pretend the Internet makes or breaks them too bad for them
    My businesses income last year? Seven figures

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Internet presence zero.
    Internet reviews zero
    People who pretend the Internet makes or breaks them too bad for them
    What about their bio? Does that make or break an interwebz super star?

Or we can revisit the facts here.....
    Was one dollar spent by OP?
    Has anyone in this thread actually spent a season on a pair?
    Does TGR love DPS? Do they make crap skis?

Remember the little guys are the ones that pump out the innovation year after year. You all wouldn't have much without brands that had crap reputations at times.......let's remember that line started as a ski blade company, yet is responsible for a huge amount of where powder skis are today.

No doubt, it wasn't handle well, but 17k views and a 10+pg thread........go skiing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Always nice to hear from a retailer who is apparently is more concerned with propping up the value of his remaining inventory than reaching out to his contacts at RMU to make this right. Either I'm missing something or that is. Lame. As. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    but still can't put together a coherent sentence
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdad View Post
    has anyone in this thread actually spent a season on a pair? .
    you didnt read the thread

Angle Parking was more or less spancered enough to get a free pair but he hated em

when buddy told me he was giving them back "I said dude they are free skis" to which he replied

they fucking suck man I don't want them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdad View Post
    Or we can revisit the facts here.....
    Was one dollar spent by OP?
    Free stuff is no longer free if it doesn't work as designed. OP didn't sign up for a giveaway from Goodwill Industries.
    He has a reasonable expectation to receive a working pair of skis, even if they're several seasons old. This isn't a story about a scuffed factory second; it's about an unskiable reject pair that were suitable for wall hanging.

Amazed that an RMU dealer has to chime in on their behalf, when you would think he would contact RMU to say lets make this negative into a positive?

RMU should have created a username, log in, apologize, give the OP some replacement shit, donate some free shit to a charity that teaches kids to ski, donate some skis to auction off for avy centers, etc. etc.

It aint that hard to do. Not rocket science. Guerilla marketing is the cheapest, the easiest and the best.

Hell, I never heard of them until this thread. But not all free publicity is good, despite the cliche.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    suitable for wall hanging.
    They are kinda pretty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

RMU's inaction, and their only defender being a vendor, does not help their image
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Hell, I never heard of them until this thread. But not all free publicity is good, despite the cliche.
    We'll i'd heard of them, even seen some in local shops but none of their models every made any sort of short list for me, but seeing as how this all played out, they never will.

As others have said, there are too many really stand-up small indies and even majors who have their customer service shit together to waste time buying RMUs retail when this is what you are getting on the back end.

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    As others have said, there are too many really stand-up small indies and even majors who have their customer service shit together to waste time buying RMUs retail when this is what you are getting on the back end.
    This. Many others would've paid shipping back to them so they could inspect and make it right.

And to @dangerdad's point -- yeah indies sometimes push the envelope when it comes to design. (Big companies also try things out.) But nothing I've seen from RMU ticks that box. DPS, Praxis, On3p, Down, Moment -- all doing some innovative stuff with the shape, rocker profiles, materials, construction, customization, etc. RMU may make some fine skis but it's hardly had an innovative product. Which is fine -- sometimes its not about innovating but refining. But I've also never seen evidence that RMUs products are more refined designs than others.

Amazed that an RMU dealer has to chime in on their behalf, when you would think he would contact RMU to say lets make this negative into a positive?

RMU should have created a username, log in, apologize, give the OP some replacement shit, donate some free shit to a charity that teaches kids to ski, donate some skis to auction off for avy centers, etc. etc.

It aint that hard to do. Not rocket science. Guerilla marketing is the cheapest, the easiest and the best.

The OP said he contacted the owner of RMU directly, and he refused to correct the problem. That was the whole point of this thread.

Kudos on the magazine for stepping up, but I can't think of any positive to say about RMU.

Any one with any type of retail or customer service experience would have taken this road.

Like to support the little local companies as much as the next guy but only if the product and the service measure up. RMU is falling short in both areas. Funny, this thread was dead till the vendor stepped in to try to defend RMU, now it's got legs again, hahahaha.

mtskier, you should be questioning RMU's attitude toward service and support and if that's the kind of brand you want to be carrying in your shop. Maybe they're great and this situation is an outlier, seems unlikely though.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Has anyone in this thread actually spent a season on a pair?
    Yes, I own 2 pairs of CRMs.

They are a nice, turny ski and I enjoy them. But they are older models made in the NeverSummer factory so I cannot comment on any of the new product being made in Canukistan.

I also have a couple of pairs of K2marts that I like a lot and a pair of Fattypus's awaiting bindings.

Maybe they don't waste a lot of time on the Internet browsing ski forums. Seems dumb but it has been known to happen.

Sadly, I found this thread after BC mag stepped in to the remedy the situation. Clearly there is very little that can be done to put out the fire. I was just trying to provide a different perspective, but only succeeding in making this worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    As a RMU dealer, doesn't this concern you? I think that's a fair question. Just because the skis are good and local shops carry them doesn't mean that the way a manufacturer handles a situation isn't relevant to what factors a consumer might want to use to drive a purchase decision.
    I am very concerned how RMU handled this, but just because something happens once, doesn't make it the norm and one bad experience does not translate to the masses. Every situation is different and you all think you know every detail of the interaction, but you don't. Only the parties involved know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Always nice to hear from a retailer who is apparently is more concerned with propping up the value of his remaining inventory than reaching out to his contacts at RMU to make this right. Either I'm missing something or that is. Lame. As. Fuck.
    That's not what this is at all. RMU skis sell quite well, but that is not the point either. I am concerned with the unfairly negative image that is being portrayed here from one bad experience. Attacking my character for no reason is what's lame.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Like to support the little local companies as much as the next guy but only if the product and the service measure up. RMU is falling short in both areas. Funny, this thread was dead till the vendor stepped in to try to defend RMU, now it's got legs again, hahahaha.

mtskier, you should be questioning RMU's attitude toward service and support and if that's the kind of brand you want to be carrying in your shop. Maybe they're great and this situation is an outlier, seems unlikely though.
    I assure you, this situation is an outlier, based 100% on my years of interacting with the company. That is all I wanted to convey. You all seem to think I am lying or just doing this to sell more skis. Neither of which are the case.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

I won a pair of Black Diamond Justices at a Powderwhore movie raffle a few years ago. I mounted them and skied them a few days. They were too short for me and didn't like them so much.

...so I sold them...

Quote Originally Posted by sickturd View Post
    I won a pair of Black Diamond Justices at a Powderwhore movie raffle a few years ago. I mounted them and skied them a few days. They were too short for me and didn't like them so much.

...so I sold them...
    Fuck right off with that strawman shit. I know for a fact that if they were defective, BD would have replaced them in an instant. Too short/don't like =/= defective/poor construction/poor finishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Actually Noah did tell me to contact BD so they could replace them because it was BD's fault that they gave away skis that were too short for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Fuck right off with that strawman shit. I know for a fact that if they were defective, BD would have replaced them in an instant. Too short/don't like =/= defective/poor construction/poor finishing.

Jesus Christ on a crutch, lighten the fuck up. Its not summer yet and already the villagers are trying to kill the Monster.

Every situation is different and you all think you know every detail of the interaction, but you don't. Only the parties involved know.
    I am not calling either the OP a liar, or RMU or MTskier.

But as was said before, there are 2 sides to every story.

And then there is what really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    Sadly, I found this thread after BC mag stepped in to the remedy the situation. Clearly there is very little that can be done to put out the fire. I was just trying to provide a different perspective, but only succeeding in making this worse.

I am very concerned how RMU handled this, but just because something happens once, doesn't make it the norm and one bad experience does not translate to the masses. Every situation is different and you all think you know every detail of the interaction, but you don't. Only the parties involved know.

That's not what this is at all. RMU skis sell quite well, but that is not the point either. I am concerned with the unfairly negative image that is being portrayed here from one bad experience. Attacking my character for no reason is what's lame.

I assure you, this situation is an outlier, based 100% on my years of interacting with the company. That is all I wanted to convey. You all seem to think I am lying or just doing this to sell more skis. Neither of which are the case.
    Well, maybe it is too late for RMU to step up, but maybe not. Better late than never, IMO, but that's their choice to make. And I have no doubt that your interactions with them have been great, and FWIW I didn't view your post as trying to protect your inventory.

But you also stated that you've not had to warranty a single pair of skis. While that speaks well of the quality, maybe you just haven't had to deal with that side of the company? I poked around their website, and WRT warranty there is this statement: "All warranties must be from original purchaser on new full priced skis that have been registered through RMUskis.com" which I guess exempts the pair in question (technically, but not in any "do what is right" sense).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Actually Noah did tell me to contact BD so they could replace them because it was BD's fault that they gave away skis that were too short for me.
    So what's your point? In your instance, you received functional skis that just so happened to be too short for your height and weight. I won a tweenaged-sized girl's snowboard at a raffle in November. I'm stoked that I won it, so I can sell it (just like you did) on Craigslist and donate the cash to the local land trust.

But that wasn't an option for Roxtar, because he's an honest guy and didn't try to sell a defective product. So, like I said, what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    Jesus Christ on a crutch, lighten the fuck up. Its not summer yet and already the villagers are trying to kill the Monster.
    Meh. Dude's undercutting the OP when OP's issue was totally legitimate. And using non-logic, at that. (Unless his comment was a total non sequitur.)
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

...so I sold them...
    So what's your point? In your instance, you received functional skis that just so happened to be too short for your height and weight. I won a tweenaged-sized girl's snowboard at a raffle in November. I'm stoked that I won it, so I can sell it (just like you did) on Craigslist and donate the cash to the local land trust.

But that wasn't an option for Roxtar, because he's an honest guy and didn't try to sell a defective product. So, like I said, what's your point?
    Thanks, I was trying to figure out what his point was. Did he think I should have sold them to another mag and just let them deal with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

^^^ Word. Not to mention the emotional investment in skis for your kid being defective and the kid stoked on getting new skis and then them being messed up adding insult to injury.

^^^ Word. Not to mention the emotional investment in skis for your kid being defective and the kid stoked on getting new skis and then them being messed up adding insult to injury.
    My point is free shit is free shit and if you get butthurt because the free shit sucks and the free shit company says they won't replace your free shit, then well that's called

life dipshits.