Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

skifishbum=the ultimate mountaineer?

First time I saw him was at Winter Park. You know the type....North Face yellow and black steep tech which hadn't been washed for years, a backpack big enough to smuggle a VW Bug into North Korea, biners hanging everywhere and just all out "keepin' it real", ya know? I wondered what awesome place he must be headed since it hadn't really snowed at all up until that point last Winter. As I get off the chair, he introduces himself. Went to shake his hand.....crusty old guy with a bubble of saliva hanging out of the corner of his mouth....awesome. This guy must either be real awesome, or was awesome at some point in his life. I've never seen photographic proof, just lots of his awesomeness that he exudes on the tubez.
    As I skied off to the park with my friends that day, I wondered if he had it all figured out. Maybe hardcore mountaineer hardcore guy from the late 80's was really where it was at. I had always thought skiing was about having fun....but that day, I learned taking yourself seriously and putting out the hardcore mountaineer extremo image (without actually doing anything ever) is really where it's at. Man, I'm never gonna get good at the posing thing......

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

Wrong forum homo
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Why so many skis? Are you really that rad that you break them all the time?
    Provide us a photo of you being rad on skis please. I mean, this is your time to shine!

(more pics of your garage full of pms gear isn't stoke)

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    This is PM Gear we're talking about

I had always thought skiing was about having fun....
    I thought skiing was about spraying shit on the internet.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    So, what I get from this thread is that SFB is Jackie Chan, and Blurred is a homo.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Provide us a photo of you being rad on skis please. I mean, this is your time to shine!

(more pics of your garage full of pms gear isn't stoke)
    He lives up the hill from me, in the upper class Broburbia, as we call it. His proximity alone to Little Browood Canyon says it all, and speaks for his agility and ability sliding on petrochemical derived surfaces.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    chronic gearwhoremylitis is a deblitating condition which causes you to continue to aquire skis and gear
    chronic butthurt syndrome is easier on the bank account as it only cause you to start needless threads
    FKNA bro are you really gonna be a dad?
    Congrats
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    He lives up the hill from me, in the upper class Broburbia, as we call it. His proximity alone to Little Browood Canyon says it all, and speaks for his agility and ability sliding on petrochemical derived surfaces.

Yes, but SFB is so core he refuses to ski in LBC, 'cause everyone knows you can't go big in little.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Yes, but SFB is so core he refuses to ski in LBC, 'cause everyone knows you can't go big in little.
    Wrong. Going BIG in LITTLE proves your brohood.

Yes, SFB, I have spawned. Scary thought, isn't it?

Anyone who spends a week here has got to be core.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Wrong. Going BIG in LITTLE proves your brohood.

What about going big in big? Too common to be considered?

Congrats on procreating BTW. If I ever find the guy that got my wife pregnant I'm going to kick his ass.

WHOA! Congrats D. May god have mercy on all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Congrats on procreating BTW. If I ever find the guy that got my wife pregnant I'm going to kick his ass.
    Yeah, me too. The ultrasound shows a striking resemblance to Karl Malone..........

SFB-you're King of the butthurt crew. Lets keep the monikers in order here......now lets see some STOKE!!! of you sending it! I mean we've all heard about the radness, lets see it! w00t!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    So, what I get from this thread is that SFB is Jackie Chan, and Blurred is a homo.
    What I get from this thread is that Utah has 3X the base that Colorado has.

Blurred sends it. SFB skis as much pow as anyone in N. America...meh. Apples and oranges.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

as someone who likes to make fun of people for spending too much time on the internet, blurred sure does seem to like spending lots of time on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    as someone who likes to make fun of people for spending too much time on the internet
    Oh yeah, when did I do that? Been smoking on SFB's herb?

Rideit for the win!

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

The business of internets is serious to quite serious.

When I first met blurred he was in a hurry to get to the park. Shovel on his shoulder because as he said, he needed to build something big enough for his mad skillz. It was a brief encounter as blurred was jamming with his skullcandyz at full volume and he couldn't hear me yell to ask what he was planning. I thought to myself, "damn, I don't know shit about the parks here in summit county, how will I ever get to witness this insaneness about to transpire." I just shook my head as I had just missed my chance to see an internet legend go off like he had bragged about so many times. In a bummed state of mind, I went about my business cruising the white ribbon of death. As the day ended and I was heading home from the bar, we passed a shadowy figure on the side of the road. I immediately had the driver pull over as I couldn't quite figure out what this guy with a straggly beard and flowing locks was doing, skullcandyz in and shovel still over shoulder. As we approached, it became clear that blurred hadn't been in the park all day working on his rad jumpz, but instead was on a road crew, digging drainage ditches. He looked tired and so I offered a ride. I had experience as a ski bum and knew that a quick pickup on a hitch hike is worth its weight in gold, especially after a long day. Upon offering a ride back to the condo I had heard he shared with kidz 15 years his junior, I was shocked when all he really wanted was a place to change into his apron and a ride to the local chick-fil-a.
    Thats when I knew, I could never be as core as a guy who digs ditches and works second shift as a dishwasher to make ski-bumming last into his forties.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

gunit130 Guest
    I think skifishbum is a butthurt jabroni.

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    When I first met blurred he was in a hurry to get to the park. Shovel on his shoulder because as he said, he needed to build something big enough for his mad skillz. It was a brief encounter as blurred was jamming with his skullcandyz at full volume and he couldn't hear me yell to ask what he was planning. I thought to myself, "damn, I don't know shit about the parks here in summit county, how will I ever get to witness this insaneness about to transpire." I just shook my head as I had just missed my chance to see an internet legend go off like he had bragged about so many times. In a bummed state of mind, I went about my business cruising the white ribbon of death. As the day ended and I was heading home from the bar, we passed a shadowy figure on the side of the road. I immediately had the driver pull over as I couldn't quite figure out what this guy with a straggly beard and flowing locks was doing, skullcandyz in and shovel still over shoulder. As we approached, it became clear that blurred hadn't been in the park all day working on his rad jumpz, but instead was on a road crew, digging drainage ditches. He looked tired and so I offered a ride. I had experience as a ski bum and knew that a quick pickup on a hitch hike is worth its weight in gold, especially after a long day. Upon offering a ride back to the condo I had heard he shared with kidz 15 years his junior, I was shocked when all he really wanted was a place to change into his apron and a ride to the local chick-fil-a.
    Thats when I knew, I could never be as core as a guy who digs ditches and works second shift as a dishwasher to make ski-bumming last into his forties.

The best things in life aren't things.

Quote Originally Posted by buttfuckin View Post
    That is a hard ideal to live up to. Thankfully, you found the much easier path to Livin' Tha Dream: scamming mags on Gear Swap.