Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Whistler/South Coast/Duffey stoke and conditions 2016-2017

Weather warning for the end of the week, several people skiing in the alpine, and the token WB/Vail Resorts glacier Heli bump propaganda fluff piece dropping this week.

Bring it Ullr.

Insert optimistic Snow-Forecast link below.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Jinx comment inserted

So, who's hiking up to the Roundhouse for sick overhead blower this weekend?

So who's still here now that all the cool kids are on facebook?

Was thinking about taking a walk for early season turns this weekend but leaning toward more biking instead. WB must be targeting a Nov 10 opening for Whistler at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Was thinking about taking a walk for early season turns this weekend but leaning toward more biking instead. WB must be targeting a Nov 10 opening for Whistler at this point?
    I've heard it's looking favourable for that weekend...but you know rumours

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    So who's still here now that all the cool kids are on facebook?
    What is dead may never die.

wow... sleepy on this forum now. I know I'm not a big poster on here, but looking to get out into some of this alpine soon. Any reports from some of you out there?
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKS View Post
    wow... sleepy on this forum now. I know I'm not a big poster on here, but looking to get out into some of this alpine soon. Any reports from some of you out there?
    Iffy...

The decent base we had just 10 days ago has been getting chewed up with this latest pineapple in a big way. Man it was 14C during the afternoon here in Whiz yesterday. 8C up top, warm winds, sun, just not good. Things are supposed to flip soon with more seasonal temps returning along with snow, but what was up there is getting halved with what's been happening lately.

There was talk of opening today - the 10th - a few weeks ago. That ain't gonna happen. And even if they strive to open for US Thanksgiving (the usual start), unless we get some serious systems into the region in the next 2 weeks, it's only going to be a mediocre opening with a lot of manmade coverage and thin routes to take.

Keep an eye out here:
    https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/mo...rt#snow-report

I've been up the last two weekends in a row... Last weekend there was about 165cm at maybe.... 1800m just SW of mount Fee. Lots of snow, heavy though, this week is building a bomber base, as long as it doesn't get too cold too quickly... skiing will probably be shit this weekend though.

I'm heading there November 30 - if there's still super weak conditions / no snow, anyone have suggestions on where else to go near Whistler?

Anyone know approx. snowline at Metal Dome after the last few days? Not expecting to ski much but would be nice to get some exercise this weekend... probably end up riding bikes instead though.

Honestly... would say it'll probably be pretty shit this weekend after the summer weather we had...

Stick to bikes, I'm going climbing.

Yeah, I figured things we're going to be too good for this weekend. Was kind of hoping for it a week ago. Will likely be hitting the Coast Gravity Park instead!

I do like what this is doing for a bomber base though, as mentioned previously.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Bike trails have been in excellent shape both in Whistler and maybe even more so in Pembie. Just tacky, beautiful, grippy terrain. Slick roots for sure - and skinnies are a bit sketch - but anything "not wood" is just killer. Nice temps too. Hey, it ain't skiing but at least it's "something"

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    Honestly... would say it'll probably be pretty shit this weekend after the summer weather we had...

Stick to bikes, I'm going climbing.
    Iagree

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    So, who's hiking up to the Roundhouse for sick overhead blower this weekend?

lmfao what is ur pic from

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMoJo View Post
    Bike trails have been in excellent shape both in Whistler and maybe even more so in Pembie. Just tacky, beautiful, grippy terrain. Slick roots for sure - and skinnies are a bit sketch - but anything "not wood" is just killer. Nice temps too. Hey, it ain't skiing but at least it's "something"
    can confirm really good trail conditions in Pemby yesterday, Rudy's, Max/Back Pains, Meat Grinder all running great

If I can get picked up by someone at YVR and then driven up to North Van, what are my options of getting transportation to Whistler with all my shit? There a bus or shuttle or something that runs outta there? Or am I just better off paying the $75 or whatever and getting a bus xfer right from the airport?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    If I can get picked up by someone at YVR and then driven up to North Van, what are my options of getting transportation to Whistler with all my shit? There a bus or shuttle or something that runs outta there? Or am I just better off paying the $75 or whatever and getting a bus xfer right from the airport?
    I propose that you join up here and try to get a ride the whole way. YVR to Whis is an extremely common route. https://www.facebook.com/groups/hitchingseatosky/

https://epicrides.ca/

Catch the Canada Line into downtown then hop on the Epic ride shuttle.

Quote Originally Posted by mc30a6 View Post
    lmfao what is ur pic from
    You like my haircut? Can't remember where I found it

Ended up just biking on the shore this weekend, fun times and not that muddy on the rock armoured trails. Glad to feel it cooling down a bit this week, skiing would be nice.

Rumour has it whistler is opening this weekend!

10-15 new this am above 1600m. Looks like they were blowing snow on Whistler.

Quote Originally Posted by m890f5 View Post
    Rumour has it whistler is opening this weekend!
    TGR rumours always seem to be accurate. i'll take it! i forget - is early opening usually just whis or bcomb too? would be nice to get a bump up to some glacier touring