Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    Attachment 146289

thou shalt not cunt regional threads where thou dost not reside!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thou shalt not drag thy petty ass personal squabbles into public forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thou shalt STFU and ski so that thy stoke exceeds thy bloody cunt dribbles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THou shalt try and be more like Slagg, always stoked, always positive, and this here /\/\ is about the only 'mean' thing hes ever posted.

Anyone want to go touring? I've got no ski pass and seem to be short on touring partners this year.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    couldn't stand by and watch the shops fng mount up his bd skis w/ the guardians
    and not offer to drag his nue hamshire jong ass out for a taste of the utarded hokey pokey.
    went back
    post a little beta on the tubez and the next time you show up
    goddam whores abound

uberhoars

prob b sum good loud pow taterchip skiin
    prob gonna get interestin should it snow w/ any significant accumulations
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

great pics!!!!! thanks!!!!!!!!!!

My buddy just kicked off a slide on Patsy Marley. Said it propagated about 40 feet, 20 feet above him. His girlfriend yelled and he cut out, it washed out the whole gully to the ground.

was in that hood all day along with bout 8 avvy groups didn't see it aspect?
    more pits dug in the gg than evers i bet
    good day for pokin round and knockin down hoars
    skied well to although variable
    even better when ya take off both skins.
    may your fuckups be inconsequential enuf to laugh at em
    want some pit data
    get out n dig one or several spatial variations abound
    so after skiing 1kturns and fig8 with one enough glide to pull it off mohair skin still attached
    sought redemtion down the drive in movie theaters
    little bit of everythin bullit proof top, some pockets of bliss, rocks n tree huugin shubberies exit
    pretty cool to see a lot of smilin faces out in a crowded area and get up out of the manks
    found sum goofy turdertipper expat athelete as to not b stokeless
    says Biff McQuickslip his name
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

takes a real beater to ski a run with one skin still on and not know it. maybe it made you ski better? can't get much worse

rog

i blame it on chemical dependency and trying to hang with the still reigning powderkeg tele champ
    uber stud Biffers

skied Alta. one coreshot. one awsome sundog. one fun day!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8757.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	742.2 KB 
ID:	146577

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8759.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	146578

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    want some pit data
    get out n dig one or several spatial variations abound
    ESE Facing Rocky Point @10k - 40cm of Settled Snow on 40cm facets to the ground. CT failed @ 10 from the wrist on round one, 2 from the elbow on round two.
    Last edited by tBatt; 12-15-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Looks like some avy debris will keep you off the rocks. Think I'll stick with low angle for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Holy Toledo 12-14-13 050.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	146614   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Holy Toledo 12-14-13 078.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	146615  

no obs
    but the fact that there is one less wbr avvy dog and my friend lost his best friend has a tear in my eye
    de og's don't rest in peace
    so i imagine Ikes workin the rainbow bridge range now
    pour a sip out
    pet yours
    thank a troller for his or buy a wbr or resorts dog shirt as a holiday gift in support of these amazing creatures

dog bless

Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    Attachment 146289

thou shalt not cunt regional threads where thou dost not reside!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thou shalt not drag thy petty ass personal squabbles into public forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thou shalt STFU and ski so that thy stoke exceeds thy bloody cunt dribbles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mods - please place this as Post #1 in Roolz

ETA - nice photos of the hoar.
    What's a WBR?

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    What's a WBR?
    http://www.wbrescue.org

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    no obs
    but the fact that there is one less wbr avvy dog and my friend lost his best friend has a tear in my eye
    de og's don't rest in peace
    so i imagine Ikes workin the rainbow bridge range now
    pour a sip out
    pet yours
    thank a troller for his or buy a wbr or resorts dog shirt as a holiday gift in support of these amazing creatures

dog bless

Always tough, no words to describe the hurt. I have a draw full of Groundhog Day shirts, some pretty cool, some used for drying the car but always buy two.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Always tough, no words to describe the hurt. I have a draw full of Groundhog Day shirts, some pretty cool, some used for drying the car but always buy two.
    Same here, rescue dogs rule!
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Thanks. Cool program. Vibes to the hound and his/her human.

Bummer always cool to see those pups out there on a daily basis. Must be cool to be the owner/partner too. Just curious what's a groundhog day shirt?

Anyone care to show a California splitter and an Austrian East Coaster around on NYE or NYD? If things are touchy, we'll probably end up at the Bird, but would love to skin if anyone feels like being magnanimous and showing us about.

I've done AIARE 2 and can write in complete sentences, the Austrian likes to poke fun at East Coast types, while living the academic's dream of East Coast Ivy League life. We can both ski and board okay. All I have to offer is a pledge to share the same if anyone is visiting Tahoe, or shit, Oakland for that matter. And maybe I'll shoot a new facebook photo for you.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

ive done avvy 2
    complete sentances baffle me sometimes though
    the mrs. and i always try and start the turn of new year earnin
    always been magnomisis about sharin wasangles
    dont facebook
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by ItsChokerOut View Post
    Bummer always cool to see those pups out there on a daily basis. Must be cool to be the owner/partner too. Just curious what's a groundhog day shirt?
    I am surprised you would not know, Alta Ski Patrol sell Shirts to raise funds for their four legged associates, care, training etc. not sure where the GroundHog name came from other than they sell them starting mid February.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I am surprised you would not know, Alta Ski Patrol sell Shirts to raise funds for their four legged associates, care, training etc. not sure where the GroundHog name came from other than they sell them starting mid February.
    Shirts are typically available earlier, around the holidays.

Back in the day skiing was difficult and therefore people who could ski well were cool. Telemark racers were among the coolest. Groundhog Day was the Alta local celebration held on Cecret lift. There were two dual courses. One for telemark and one for parallel. The top 16 racers on time from each dual course then battled it out in a dual elimination format with a pro bump added. The pro bump had a flat landing with a gate immediately on landing. There were no time penalties for judged missed telemarks. This was alpine racing on skinny telemark skis and homemade frankenboots. Racers came from the Summit Series in Colorado and Montana and the rest of the West. Every year Victor Roy was the man to beat. He was an elite alpine racer who would put on the tele gear one day a year and win. Groundhog Day at Alta was an incredible drug and alcohol fueled Ullrfest. I don't know if it is still held.
    We're not happy 'til you're not happy.

^^^thanks man!!!! that brought back the damp wool memories!!!!

Very touch conditions on the park city ridgeline today. Failing sometimes on the two side cuts of a ct. q1 with lots of energy...

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Diddle Diddle View Post
    Back in the day skiing was difficult and therefore people who could ski well were cool.
    back when skiing was cool. even the mailmen were cool. just found an old article that talked about 90 year old elbert. he was once asked how he stayed alive delivering mail up LCC for much of his adult life. "the elbert rule". any time an appreciable amount of snow fell in the upper cottonwoods, he'd wait a good 48 hours to let things settle before making the trek up for his next delivery. imagine that?!

http://www.avalanche.org/moonstone/C...al.TAR24.1.pdf

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=3762,3608925

I knew I wasn't crazy!

rog
    Last edited by icelanticskier; 12-19-2013 at 08:42 PM.