Thread: boot pain

boot pain

I have a pair of K2 Spyne 130 boots I bought three years ago from Earl the Pearl at the Sports Loft in SLC. Most expensive boots I ever purchased but also the best fitting. I buckled them in the morning and other than maybe tightening them would never touch them all day. Ski 100 + days per year so a conservative guess is 250 days on them. Recently developed extreme pain along the outside on my right foot just behind little toe after three or four hours of skiing. Had a punch put in where I thought the pain was located but did not help. If I take the boot off the pain goes away immediately. Unfortunately once the boot is off it is difficult to pinpoint where the specific spot is that hurt.

I have taken the custom foot bed out to see if it collapsed or is bent / worn etc and find nothing obvious. The intuition liner looks fine, can't see anything. Do foot bed's have a life span different than the boots?

I suspect its some kind of nerve pain as it goes so quickly once the boots is removed.

Any thoughts?

Have you gone back to your bootfitter to see what they think is going on?

Boots and liners have a limited life span. 250 days is asking a lot for intuition liners.

Alpine racers have boots fitted regularly through a single season.

My guess is you're lucky to have 200 plus days on your boots.

If it's a bunionette it may be because you're pushing the little toe joint against the boot plastic. There are ways to deal with that but you need to be certain that's the injury

new liner time Liners last 100-200 days. Even if that is not the cause of the pain, then liners are packed out and loose (and smelly)

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    new liner time Liners last 100-200 days. Even if that is not the cause of the pain, then liners are packed out and loose (and smelly)
    All sounds good although to be honest the Intuition's in these boots still smell fine. Will check with Intuition to get an exact match with the OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    All sounds good although to be honest the Intuition's in these boots still smell fine. Will check with Intuition to get an exact match with the OEM.

Doesn't matter how they smell they're probably packed. Just go to get new liners, you don't need to get the same as you originally had.

I've had the same issue in worn out Intuition liners. Feel the liner where it hurts on your foot and see if the foam is thinner or more worn out in that spot, mine was. The liner is no longer providing enough cushion against the plastic shell.

intuition life span is well under 200 days.

Liners are probably toast!!
    Grab some Zipfits

If 200 is the limit I am way overdue.

I get maybe 70 days out of intuitions...
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    I get maybe 70 days out of intuitions...
    Same here.