Japanskitours - any Mags with experience with them?

So I left my new wife unsupervised for a weekend and she decided that we needed to go on a honeymoon... and booked us for a week skiing in Nagano. I know this is an ass backwards way to plan a trip but anyone have any experience with the folk at japanskitours.com?

Having the logistics taken care of will be nice and it sounds like this is the main roll that they play. We'll be bringing our touring kits and looking to get after what ever options open up for us in terms of side country and touring. Mid February should be good...
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

we just winged it ...not that hard
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Perhaps perfectly ok as conventional tour guides and resort hosts. I really don't know.

But reading their website, they are not certified backcountry ski guides, not even remotely close. You mention taking touring kit. Buyer beware.

For example: Two years ago a foreign "ski guide" killed 2 of his guests in one avalanche after ducking a rope in a ski resort in Nagano. He left the scene completely unable to rescue them. Apparently he is still operating.

And mid Feb in Nagano = 50/50 chance of rain to 2000m.

Disclosure of vested interests: I operate in the Japanese ski tourism industry.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Perhaps perfectly ok as conventional tour guides and resort hosts. I really don't know.

But reading their website, they are not certified backcountry ski guides, not even remotely close. You mention taking touring kit. Buyer beware.

For example: Two years ago a foreign "ski guide" killed 2 of his guests in one avalanche after ducking a rope in a ski resort in Nagano. He left the scene completely unable to rescue them. Apparently he is still operating.

I'm not looking for a ski guide, I'm reasonably unguidable and spend most of my days touring. I figure maps and the exit gate locations are all that I need to keep away from the Aussies.

I was gonna haul my MR blackjack along but it sounds like filling canisters is a major PITA. Sounds like the hard shell and preparation for coastal conditions are a must... I don't like touring in the rain but If I can ride a lift through it I am a ninja when it comes to skiing in mashed potatoes.

I guess the lady wanted some one to deal with logistics, accommodations etc. and not have to put up with me winging it on another vacation.

Thanks for the heads up .
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

New name, eh? Guess I missed that.

Love the new issue. You and your missus put in some serious work over summer on that!
    パウダーバカ!!

New name, eh? Guess I missed that.

Love the new issue. You and your missus put in some serious work over summer on that!
    パウダーバカ!!