BC Backcountry Hut Map

Hey I've been workin' away at pimping out our new hut map site at http://www.doglotion.com/huts/
    So far just BC and a bit of Alberta, but hopefully I'll get other zones in there too.
    No super secret huts, just putting all the known huts into one handy spot for daydreamin' and trip ideas.
    Ideas? Feedback? Did I space out and forget an obvious hut?
    Hoping to add trip reports soon too.
    Werd.

There's a handful of huts in the Purcells you may want to add (not super secret... all reservable online). I stayed at the Jumbo Pass hut this summer and drooled over the guestbook entries that mentioned skiing... Real fun to see the Jumbo Wild trailer recently as well (I've yet to see the whole film)... seems like there is some amazing terrain in there!

Nice map. Good job for perhaps disabling the two finger zoom feature used by google maps, which is frustrating when two finger scrolling a page. FYI, when the map is expanded to full size, the search box is mostly out of view.

Quote Originally Posted by doglotion View Post
    So far just BC and a bit of Alberta, but hopefully I'll get other zones in there too.
    There are other zones?
    Life is not lift served.

Seriously?

Some people don't even sell out for $. Sad...

Whats the point of creating a data base to point out local info on club huts and free huts to the internet? Almost defeats the point of tourism. I get posting commercial lodging operations but no need to post shit that locals only know about or you have to spend time in the area to figure out.

Doglotions-theory

Look on internet, read hut info, buy all supplies in home town, drive 4-5 hours straight thru local hut town, spend zero $ in local hut's economy, piss off locals at trail head, Exhaust hut supplies and firewood, don't contribute to replenishing as you would need to be there in the summer to help out and leave dirty dishes and garbage for locals to clean up and then drive home 4-5 hours and do it all again at the next hut on the database....
    Last edited by teamdirt; 12-01-2015 at 12:00 PM.